movie_bigcover update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

tonycole

87 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  22:55:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
so far, Tom Hanks 7.8 secs Martin Scorsese 7.7 secs.

Christopher Lee still has a few problems loading at 13.3 secs, films in database fixed. XMM is crashing(not responding when
i look at task manager) for about a second while he is loading.

The double column at the end of the list was still there until i updated the info on some of the films. I'm wondering if there was some text
that was confusing the table somehow. It's doing the same thing for Tom Baker, yes i was right i had some html links in the plot that
the table didn't like. That's fixed now.

{does this have something to do with above or was that something else}
"Movie plot on movies in database tab can have a cutoff html tag, which destroys the "real" html structure on that tab"

Only other thing i've noticed is the links in the list take awhile to respond.

T.

"My god it's full of stars."

Edited by - tonycole on 24 Feb 2012 23:02:11
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  23:17:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes if any HTML TAGS are in the _MOVIE_ACTOR_PLOT_ Variable (That is the cutoff Plot on the Movies in Database Tab) that is a problem. XMM should remove all HTML TAGS (with a function like #CLEARTAGS# Magic Script function) before it shortens and sets that Variable _MOVIE_ACTOR_PLOT_.

With the old system that had a table the IE-Engine didn't get so easily confused, but tables are bad with all IE-Versions...

You still have a loading time that is about twice as mine, but that is probably because I use IE9. IE8 is the worst IE-Version (Bugs, Speed) that Microsoft ever released.

Edited by - Prinz on 24 Feb 2012 23:18:15
Go to Top of Page

tonycole

87 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  23:50:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Seems to be fine now. Christopher Lee now at 9.8 secs, Tom Hanks 7.3 secs this time and Martin Scorsese 8.0 secs. Timing is stopped when
i see the numbers appear for database and filmography.

I hope it's not just me still running XP with IE8.

Prinz thanks for the updates and still supporting the XP IE8 users while you can.

T.

Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  02:02:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This is a Test Version!

Please report back if the Movie and Actor Card works better or worse.

Last one for today. This one should be better protected against the problem with the plot field.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?o49o3lvqwvwcoy7
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  17:40:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This is a Test Version!

This should be the last Test Version if no bugs are found.

Just another reason why IE before version 9 are much slower is that IE9 is the first IE-Version that has a native document.getElementsByClassName() method to select elements on the page. Older IE-Versions need much more time to select elements by class (easily a 100 times slower)

So that is another reason to update to IE9 if you can (Vista or higher).

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?u2gbkhbwpnzmudw
Go to Top of Page

tonycole

87 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  06:56:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry Prinz was out most of the day yesterday. Downloaded test5 now will report back any problems.

Test 4b results. Tom Hanks 7.3, Martin Scorsese 8.3 and Christopher Lee 9.3 Seconds. The Movies in Database links were faster.

There is a weird bug with Christopher on his Database list the last few films when the film link is clicked the Seen/Unseen eye moves to the left.
Very like the table is resizing itself.

Will see if it's still doing in test 5. Will report back soon.

Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  15:24:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tonycole

There is a weird bug with Christopher on his Database list the last few films when the film link is clicked the Seen/Unseen eye moves to the left.
Very like the table is resizing itself.

Since it's not a real table anymore, the elements are relatively positioned. If the Browser rendering engine resizes a element for some reason, other elements can move. The Browser rendering engine shouldn't resize elements because there are clicked, so I can't do anything about it.

I added a additional css parameter to the elements, maybe it prevents the moving of the elements in some cases:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wa2v4k0bmubabah
Go to Top of Page

tonycole

87 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  18:07:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ok my test got halted a sec (See IMDB Script for details) IMDB are messing about again just took about 5 mins to fully update a film.

Anyway here are the timings for Test 5a (was 5 but i noticed the update).

Tom Hanks 6.8, Martin Scorsese 7.4 and Christopher Lee 9.1 seconds. (Moving eye still there. Not a problem just seems to be him).

And just to see how things have progressed. He wasn't in my database as he is a Director so i had to add him.
(Please Alessio can we have the Director's included soon).

Steven Spielberg (Another well deserved Award whore)
Base test Card Update Award Fix 1: 45.3 secs add a few seconds for javascript running slow error appearing once.
Current Test 5a: 11.6 seconds with no error to be seen. Filmography 699 and loads of awards (I'm not counting them).

So there is big difference in speed.

T.

Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  19:43:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This is a Test Version!

- Added displaying different icons on the filmography tab for TV,Movie,Games (if filmography is imported with the new IMDB scripts)

I hope the speed of this card isn't too bad with old IE-Versions. If it is I have to deactivate the new function on this card.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dfei7w0fvhyhb3e
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  20:32:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Info:

The Boxset Card isn't working with new Cards. There is a css entry missing in the html file.
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  12:48:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This is a Test Version!

- Fixed the boxset card
- Removed the table on the Actors Award Tab to improve loading speed (replace with a tableless layout)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8cxgv1yzwxcosg7
Go to Top of Page

tonycole

87 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2012 :  13:05:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Test 7a: Completely updated all test actors and directors to included new data.

Tom Hanks 7.5 secs and Christopher Lee 9.4 (update worked as his Voice acting for various video games are listed or i should say the icon has changed, because they would have there with the movie icon).
Martin Scorsese 8.1 secs (If it wasn't for The Artist he would have another oscar on Sunday) and Steven Spielberg 13 secs.

I don't think the speed is affected that much to warrant the removal of your new icons, besides it looks good.

T.

p.s Is the ability to have a custom picture for season image in the plans or is that something that Alessio is working on? Just
Fanart.tv has some good season images for most tvshows.

Also do you have the not minified JS versions still. The wordwrap is all messed up on the minified ones, makes it hard customize and see the changes. Thanks

Edited by - tonycole on 28 Feb 2012 13:19:48
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2012 :  13:40:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tonycole

I don't think the speed is affected that much to warrant the removal of your new icons, besides it looks good.

I wouldn't remove it for all IE-Versions only if IE-Version before 9 was detected. I don't see a even noticeable difference on my IE9. But it's not that much, so I leave it for now.

quote:
p.s Is the ability to have a custom picture for season image in the plans or is that something that Alessio is working on?

Is already a Request for XMM. Import-Function, Categories have to be added by Ale first. I would like to import them with thetvdb.com script too.

quote:
Also do you have the not minified JS versions still. The wordwrap is all messed up on the minified ones, makes it hard customize and see the changes. Thanks

For the non-Test(Release) Version I will release the sources (CSS,JS) as usual.

I already fixed 2-3 small things and moved some more CSS code to a central CSS File. Still testing a bit...

Edited by - Prinz on 28 Feb 2012 13:42:08
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2012 :  14:51:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This is a Test Version!

Last test before the release.

I tried to optimize the new icon function on the filmography tab. It should be a bit faster in theory.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xnzng6gyw4nuto2
Go to Top of Page

tonycole

87 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2012 :  18:54:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Test 8a results:

Actor :- Tom Hanks 7.2 secs and Christopher Lee 9.3 secs. Director's :- Martin Scorsese 7.7 secs and Steven Spielberg 13.5 secs.
I move from each one several times to get the best time so a new temp_collection_actor.htm is created.

Because the sources was not with these tests i thought maybe you weren't doing that anymore. Thanks.

Is worth putting the finished release in a new topic or can all these tests and reply's get removed, i can start deleting mine
if you want.

T.

Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2012 :  19:15:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Release Version.

- made one small improvement

Movie Card: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?s14ah96pi4rva1a

not minified JS and CSS Source Files(only for Developers, this file is not necessary for the Cards to work): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?x8uuxr2u8d55aal

Edited by - Prinz on 28 Feb 2012 19:20:44
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 29 Feb 2012 :  07:08:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Prinz!!

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 29 Feb 2012 :  11:24:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Awards don't work correctly anymore!!! Some Editor on my PC must destroyed them (special chars)
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 29 Feb 2012 :  12:11:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Release Version. (Awards fixed)

One of my editors changed the charset to UTF-8 and the compressor did the same . Therefor Awards with special characters weren't found and displayed anymore. (Example: César Award)

Movie Card: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?g5slg3yw5jlg38r

not minified JS and CSS Source Files(only for Developers, this file is not necessary for the Cards to work): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?901xaohd77x9i9s
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 29 Feb 2012 :  13:04:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Release Version. (for XMM 7.2.2.1 or higher)

This Card Version now displays different Icons for TV Shows/Movies on the Movies in Database Tab and counts them separately. (Needs 7.2.2.1 or higher)

Movie Card: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?co4nhhk4bdpq7rw

not minified JS and CSS Source Files(only for Developers, this file is not necessary for the Cards to work): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tdk3ulyjrt2aqc4
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07