New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2012 :  20:21:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
- Reduced size of html cards
- Added number of movies on actors card (Tabs: Movies in Database, Filmography)
- Added Filmography parsing with new IMDB script (Professions)
- Added parsing of Awards Tab on Actors Card

Movie Card: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cam1elwwtvirzct

not minified JS and CSS Source Files(only for Developers, this file is not necessary for the Cards to work): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?14pvwhja9t7hsvj
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2012 :  21:54:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Great! You're really a must-have, Prinz ;)

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2012 :  14:39:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
-Bugfix: Links on Actors Card - Filmography Tab didn't work if the had multiple Spaces (example: Costume and Wardrobe Department)

Movie Card: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fdnqcmv78d3qb98

not minified JS and CSS Source Files(only for Developers, this file is not necessary for the Cards to work): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kym94fuyfb2zjgc
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2012 :  12:34:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
- Bugfix: Actor Awards parsing produced an enormous amount of unnecessary testing and delay in displaying the Actors Card

Movie Card: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lybm1plyga992o7

not minified JS and CSS Source Files(only for Developers, this file is not necessary for the Cards to work): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mu5evumg8rb5024
Go to Top of Page

tonycole

87 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2012 :  03:32:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks again Prinz.

"My god it's full of stars."
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2012 :  14:40:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This is a Test Version!

Please report back if the Movie and Actor Card works better or worse.

The Change is that I'm processing Awards, Studios in small chunks and give back the control of the UI for a few milliseconds between them. This could improve the responsiveness of the card during loading. Of course it increases the loading time a bit.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8h847hqfm0myz43
Go to Top of Page

tonycole

87 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2012 :  03:37:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Tested above and this what i get. The moviecards don't seem to be any different. Tried 2 heavily awarded films (Titanic and Avatar).

Above actor card about 2-4 seconds faster depending how much detail is there. Tested it on award whore Tom Hanks: Award fix card approx 19 secs, test card approx 17 secs (That's going buy when the country flag starts moving again. Emm will freeze while info is loading which can look like it's crashed on my system running XP, IE8, 4gb memory, intel dual core 3ghz) 2nd test Martin Scrosese FIX:22 secs TEST:18 secs.

The one thing i have noticed though is the FIX card the awards are instant but both film counts is what makes it freeze. TEST card awards don't appear til film count is done but you still get the freeze while it's doing it. While it's loading the information, if i looked in Task Manager it would say EMM is not responding. (Again i say that might be my system setup) And this will only effect Actor's etc with lots of awards and films to there name.

Tests where done with no programs running in background. The speed will change as my Moviecard uses a cutdown award.js and I've got one for the actorcard as well, they just have less awards on them plus i blank out the Nominations bit with "display:none;visibility:hidden;".

I will do another test on windows 7 in a couple of days.

Perhaps someone else can post how fast it is on there system, mine is a bit outdated compared with some what you can buy today.

Hope this helps and makes sense.
T.

Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2012 :  10:53:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I didn't expect that the TEST Card is faster. In theory it should be slower.

Just for comparison (both Actors imported with the current IMDB Actors script):

Tom Hanks about 5-6 sec
Martin Scrosese about 6-7 sec

There is no real difference between the old and new Cards on my System (Q6600 (Quad-Core), 8 GB, Win7 x64, IE9). I only get freezing with Actors that have a big filmography like some male adult actors, but that is a problem with the IE Engine itself...

One Note: Back when I update IE8 to IE9 (much older Card) I noticed that XMM with IE9 clearly faster on my system. But you can't use IE9 on XP, since it's only Vista and above.
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2012 :  13:02:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just a note:

It is very important that the drive where XMM is installed and the database is stored is defragmented. If it isn't the loading time can increase extremely, because the IE-Engine has to wait for the images (awards, covers, studios, fanart, ...) to load.
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2012 :  17:18:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This is a Test Version!

Second Test-version: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jrfpidc1vc81jki

In this Test you can easy change the chunk-size and delay between them yourself.
Open the movie_bigcover\general_functions.js

The first 2 Variables define the values:
var pdelay=30;var chunks=20;

The pdelay Variable is Time in milliseconds between the processing of the chunks. Increasing this value gives more to UI (IE-Engine) to do other things like page rendering, user interaction, but it increases the time it takes javascript to process the entire amount of data(Awards, Studios, ...)

The chunks Variable is the amount of objects (Awards, Studios, ...) that are processed each time. Increasing this value gives more time at once to process the data via javascript, but it also gives less time to UI to process other things.

You can edit and test different values without restarting XMM, on every click on aMovie/Actor the scripts (with new values) are reloaded. So you can test easily what the best combination for you.

Edited by - Prinz on 20 Feb 2012 20:28:14
Go to Top of Page

tonycole

87 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2012 :  05:20:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Testing at the moment. What's the highest values that can be entered.

"{Just for comparison (both Actors imported with the current IMDB Actors script):
Tom Hanks about 5-6 sec Martin Scrosese about 6-7 sec}" ??????.

Am i doing the right test, I've been doing page display times not how long it takes the script to download.

With the current set values Tom Hanks 15.8 sec til for flag movement. (407 in Filmography) Martin Scorsese 18.4 sec til for flag movement (466 in Filmography)

and for testing purpose as i know he will has a lot of films Christopher Lee 24.5 sec til for flag movement (497 in Filmography + 44 in Database {Hammer horror fan})

Ok here is major one Mel Blanc i get a message asking me to stop the script cause it's making internet explorer run slowly. Might be ideal for testing values on him.

As a footnote is seems to be filmography's over 300 can slow things down.

Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2012 :  10:51:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tonycole

Testing at the moment. What's the highest values that can be entered.

There aren't any limits, there have only to be 1 or higher. But of course setting the chunks higher as the amount of objects in each category doesn't change anything anymore.

Therefor the fastest javascript execution time would be(Should be more or less the same as the old version):
var pdelay=1;var chunks=1000;

Maybe this "formula" illustrates it better:

javascript execution time = (Number of objects / chunks) * pdelay + time to process the objects

Number of objects are the possible objects (all Studios, Awards, ... in the script). Only to objects of the filmography aren't fixed = processing of DB-Match and Age on the Filmography Tab

So you see normally the new Card should be slower, because javascript takes longer to execute. And it is a bit slower on my system. If it's faster as on your PC it properly because on the PC the IE-Enigne can't render the data fast enough.

But comparing your time and my time isn't fair, simply because the IE9-Rendering-Engine is faster (in some cases much faster) as older IE-Versions like your IE8. Not to mention that I have a different CPU, RAM, OS, ...
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2012 :  14:10:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This is a Test Version!

This test loads probably problematic actors many times faster.

- Changed the filmography table to a normal listing
- updated to jquery 1.7.1 (a modded fixed version by me)

Short explanation:
All IE - Versions have a bug that large tables take forever to render. (Tables that take 0,5 seconds in other browsers, can easily take up 10 minutes or longer in IE!!!) So I removed the table for filmography and replaced it with a simply listing. Now all Actors load within under 5 seconds on my system, most under 3 seconds.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b97c7c9s11yuwir

Edited by - Prinz on 23 Feb 2012 14:28:14
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2012 :  19:35:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This is a Test Version!

Replaced the table on the the Movies in Database Tab with a normal listing. This should improve the rendering speed for Actors with many Movies in Database.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6j7d60it7v85h99

Edited by - Prinz on 23 Feb 2012 19:56:48
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  14:58:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just a Info:

In the Test-Versions is still a big bug with DB-Match and Age Display!
Go to Top of Page

tonycole

87 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  16:08:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Prinz.
Yes a lot faster now:
Tom Hanks 8 secs
Martin Scorsese 8.6 secs
and Mel Blanc does load without error with over 1000 films to his name, no wonder it struggled (used for test purpose,only have some of his films).

I think the DB-Match bug if effecting Christopher Lee 39.7 secs. It now thinks i have 541 films in my database and the last couple of films
appear in 2 columns. That's the only bug i have noticed so far. But a big improvement in speed.

T.

Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  17:49:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes the bug is that on Filmography Tab Matches and Ages are shown multiple times. It's a XMM Bug it doesn't escape some things. I already fixed that with a workaround and I improved the speed for displaying Age and Matches a bit.

I'm still testing a few things, before I release an other test version because added something new on the Movies in Database Tab that needs to be tested by people that use IE Versions lower as my IE 9.

Edited by - Prinz on 24 Feb 2012 17:50:27
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  21:12:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This is a Test Version!

- Fixed the DB-Match/Age Bug
- Optimized a few javascript functions
- Changed the icons on the Movies in Database and Filmography Tab a bit

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?oxhaxjfup9n8cx1
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  22:20:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry found another Bug in the new Displaying of Movies in the Database.
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  22:33:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This is a Test Version!

- fixed another XMM bug

Movie plot on movies in database tab can have a cutoff html tag, which destroys the "real" html structure on that tab

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5djixxwxmf3hx8a
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07