New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  21:32:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I mean it is possible that replace engine crashes or something on the other Data (for example on the word Unglück because of the ü) and doesn't replace the rest of the variables because of it.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  21:39:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Negative as other movies containing ä, ö, ü and ß are showed correctly. And it's really a rare phenomenom that I have recognized (since I have searched for) only 2 or 3 times so far.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  22:06:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think I have found the reason: if the director is not a single person then seen/unseen will not be replaced. Seems to be an internal error in XMM.
But why there occurs often a bug when parsing _MOVIE_AWARDS_ to a js variable I can't explain :(

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  22:08:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just found another bug in the new cards: _TMOVIE_DIRECTOR_ isn't bold.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  22:16:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
- Fixed the Director in bold

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tyo4wrg678mb22b

quote:
I think I have found the reason: if the director is not a single person then seen/unseen will not be replaced. Seems to be an internal error in XMM.

*Edit* OK now i see what you mean. That is an old Bug because that Link is not an Actor (look at the Title of the Actors Page), it's all Names together and that Actor (Director) isn't in the Database. That is the reason it doesn't work.

Edited by - Prinz on 05 Mar 2011 22:25:30
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  22:23:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Strange, then I'm out of guessing the reason :(
I have checked it on 9/11, the matrix trilogy and a few other multiple-director-cards. Btw. it's not the movie card but the card for the director - to not talk past each other!

*Edit:
Well, but what has the seen/unseen variable to do with? The movie is shown and is in the database, the story is shown, so why is seen not being replaced?

Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 05 Mar 2011 22:30:26
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  22:38:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi
*Edit:
Well, but what has the seen/unseen variable to do with? The movie is shown and is in the database, the story is shown, so why is seen not being replaced?

Because that Card (Dataset) doesn't really exists in the Database.

The Bug is that this Link on the MovieCard even works for the nonexisting Dataset, it should not work if there is no Dataset (Actor/Director) with that Name in the Database.

Edited by - Prinz on 05 Mar 2011 22:38:35
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  22:43:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, that's a job for Ale then.
But do you have a reason for the problem assigning the awards to a variable, too?

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  22:44:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
But do you have a reason for the problem assigning the awards to a variable, too?

What do you mean?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  22:53:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
var strVal = '_MOVIE_AWARDS_';

Very often strVal is empty although _MOVIE_AWARDS_ isn't.
It occurs with long strings and as well as short strings.

Is shown:
quote:
========
========
<<< Won >>>>
[Oscar]
-->Best Actor in a Leading Role
.... Humphrey Bogart
<<< Nominated >>>>
[Oscar]
-->Best Actress in a Leading Role
.... Katharine Hepburn
-->Best Director
.... John Huston
-->Best Writing, Screenplay
.... James Agee
.... John Huston
.... BAFTA Awards
========
========
<<< Nominated >>>>
[BAFTA Film Award]
-->Best Film from any Source
.... USA.
-->Best Foreign Actor
.... Humphrey Bogart
.... USA.
.... National Film Preservation Board, USA
========
========
<<< >>>>
[National Film Registry]

Doesn't show:
quote:
========
========
<<< Nominated >>>>
[Artios]
-->Best Casting for Feature Film, Comedy
.... Marcia Ross
.... Donna Morong
.... Chicago Film Critics Association Awards
========
========
<<< Won >>>>
[CFCA Award]
-->Most Promising Actress
.... Julia Stiles
.... Tied with Émilie Dequenne for Rosetta (1999).
.... MTV Movie Awards
========
========
<<< Won >>>>
[MTV Movie Award]
-->Breakthrough Female Performance
.... Julia Stiles
<<< Nominated >>>>
[MTV Movie Award]
-->Best Musical Performance
.... Heath Ledger
.... For the song "Can't Take My Eyes Off You".
.... Teen Choice Awards
========
========
<<< Nominated >>>>
[Teen Choice Award]
-->Film - Breakout Performance
.... Julia Stiles
-->Film - Choice Comedy
-->Film - Funniest Scene
.... David Krumholtz
.... A private part is drawn on nerd Michael's face.
-->Film - Sexiest Love Scene
.... Julia Stiles
.... Heath Ledger
-->Soundtrack of the Year
.... YoungStar Awards
========
========
<<< Nominated >>>>
[YoungStar Award]
-->Best Performance by a Young Actor in a Comedy Film
.... Joseph Gordon-Levitt
-->Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Comedy Film
.... Larisa Oleynik
-->Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Comedy Film
.... Julia Stiles

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  23:10:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

var strVal = '_MOVIE_AWARDS_';

Very often strVal is empty although _MOVIE_AWARDS_ isn't.
It occurs with long strings and as well as short strings.

You can't do that, because the Variable _MOVIE_AWARDS_ can have not allowed special characters (linebreaks, non-escaped special chars) in it. This breaks the entire javascript block.

I had that problem already. I got around it using jquery and assigning an invisible element from the page with the content of the variable to a Variable.

Add jquery to your card.

<script type="text/javascript" src="moviecards/jquery/jquery-1.5.1.min.js"></script>

Then add an invisible element with the content of the Variable before the javascript code and then assign the the content of the element to the variable.

If you want the text without the htmlcode (like <br>) and instead the charaters (in the example char 13) use:

<a id="movieawards" style="display:none;">_MOVIE_AWARDS_</a>

<script type=text/javascript>
var strVal = $('#movieawards').text();

or if you want the HTML formated text:

<a id="movieawards" style="display:none;">_MOVIE_AWARDS_</a>

<script type=text/javascript>
var strVal = $('#movieawards').html();

Edited by - Prinz on 05 Mar 2011 23:11:39
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  23:17:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
MANY THANKS :)))
I will try it tomorrow. Too tired, today...
But I'm sure this way it will work!
Thx again, Prinz!

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2011 :  11:17:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Works like a charme :)

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2011 :  10:12:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Guys,

Please sorry for my delay but I am really busy these days.

Please send the new moviecards to me by email, I will add in next release.

Thank you!

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2011 :  16:11:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
- Fixed an old typo in the country.js

And added Award-Pics for some Awards to the Actors Card (Tooltip = for what). Don't know if someone likes it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ebsza20m3sot73w
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2011 :  18:07:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Prinz!

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2011 :  18:33:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Great idea, Prinz!
I was planning to add that for the MovieCard (award summary for the movie), too. But haven't had the time so far...
Another suggestion for movie_bigcover: for the TV Shows I have added a total amount of episodes for the show itself and for each season. What do you think about?

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2011 :  19:10:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
At the moment I'm still looking/searching for more award pics.

And after that i plan to add these also to the main Movie Card. I still not sure were to place the Award pics on the Main Movie Card...

Edited by - Prinz on 07 Mar 2011 19:12:09
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2011 :  19:33:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Why not (like I have just begun) only a summary on the MovieCard and the whole awards on an extra card? For those who wanna see the awards in detail.
I know that there are several different structures on each site, but somehow it should be possible to identify this structure and assemble a summary like for imdb.com.
To the award pics: if we really decide to make a summary we need the award pics as well as the pics for nominations.
At home I have a few golden conture pics for wins and black ones for the nominations. As said before I would pass the awards data to a new card.
For that there are two possibilities:
1. Open as in NewCard in the HTMLCard itself and
2. Open in a new window like the covers

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2011 :  21:22:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
- Changed the way the Awards are displayed. I think this looks better.
- Change the displaying to a function = easy to extend and less code
- Added new Awards

This is still a work in progress...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?unmqex2vqqf34lb
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.25 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07