New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

sakana
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2006 :  06:01:16  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi

Someone as tried extreme movie manager with windows vista ?
I can execute de program. It gives me a error loading.

Regards
Paulo Jorge

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2006 :  09:23:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Paulo,

I haven't try it yet, I hope to do this week.

Thank you,

Alessio

PS: What error do you receive?
Go to Top of Page

sakana
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2006 :  13:56:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi

When loading databases it freezes. Say Not responding.

Paulo Jorge
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2006 :  15:36:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Paulo.

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

sakana
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  03:48:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Any news about this ?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2006 :  11:04:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

An user write me the solution for make XMM compatible with Window Vista.

You must go in the Properties of XMM set it to be compatible with Windows XP sp2:

Go to Top of Page

asdgpn
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2006 :  16:43:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi
I have used XMM together with Vista for some time now. When I start XMM I right click on the icon and choose run as administrator.
Setting compatibility mode to XP sp2 does not work for me.
Regards and thank you for a nice applikation,
Göran from Sweden
Go to Top of Page

asdgpn
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2006 :  16:57:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi again
I thought about this some more. My way of running things might have to do with the fact that I have the db on a win 2003 server and connect to it through a mapped drive. Göran
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2006 :  19:06:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Please try to load the example database that is in a subfolder of XMM, just to see if the problem is caused by mapped drive.

Thank you!

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

artur
Starting Member

Portugal
12 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2006 :  02:03:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Click to see artur's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello.

I've been testing XMM in windows Vista and in only runs as "Administrator" even if the database is stored in the same local drive.

Windows Vista has a protection against some functions that try to install or run specific task.
XMM must be using one of these!!!

I't will be a problem to solve soon, but... it should be no problem for this great program.

:D
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2006 :  10:36:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Guys,

Sorry, I am in late because I haven0t find time to install it yet.

Thank you for your help!

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

artur
Starting Member

Portugal
12 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2006 :  04:21:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Click to see artur's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
An extra info.

1-
After I upgraded to the last version (5.5b4) the installer asked me "Run XMM?".
I said yes and the program opened with no problems, but only in that occasion.
Is there any difference between this options and opening the program normally?

2-
While opening the program it freezes while in "Loading Configuration"

I hope this helps some way ;)
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2006 :  09:34:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Artur,

So, XMM 5.5.4.0 is not working anymore in your VISTA?

It just freeze-up? Please be sure you have set the "compatibility with XP" to the new EXE.

Thank you,

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

artur
Starting Member

Portugal
12 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2006 :  14:57:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Click to see artur's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It's working, but only in "Run as an Administrator".
If I don't check that option it freezes while "Loading Configuration".

Best Regards
Artur
Go to Top of Page

artur
Starting Member

Portugal
12 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2006 :  19:34:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Click to see artur's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Alessio

Do you have any idea when this problem will be solved?

Best regards
Artur
Go to Top of Page

artur
Starting Member

Portugal
12 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2006 :  05:29:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Click to see artur's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio.

You said:

->XMM is now completely compatible with windows VISTA,
You must anyway change the properties of XMM and run it as
Administrator if you want use all features!

Can you explain what features won't work if we don't run as administrator?

Best regards
Artur
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2006 :  08:25:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Artur,

Windows Vista block all features about reading files, capture frames from movies, and manage covers with Cover's manager. This because windows vista doesn't allow XMM to modify any file, except the files in your user account folder (so, desktop, documents etc..)

If you store your movie files in other folder, like c:\movies, you will not able to read correctly codec, import frames etc...

The olny way that I have found at this time is to let XMM run as administrator, so it can open and work with movie files without problems.

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

Paradise
Starting Member

Germany
29 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2007 :  19:49:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

can you make XMM like it gas to be. Normaly a program has to store the Data in the user-folder. That is not really new, but now the UAC shows it.

You can modify files every where except in system-folders.
c:\movies would work.
A folder like "C:\Program Files\eXtreme Movie Manager\Databases" is not the right way to store files like this.
It needs to be "C:\Users\Paradise\Documents\eXtreme Movie Manager" or
"C:\Users\Paradise\AppData\Roaming\eXtreme Movie Manager".

That is a importent NTFS security thing.

If all programs would do it like it has to be, it would be enough to save your users-folder for backup of your data.
There would be no need anymore to search for some programs and store folders from "C:\Program Files".

Alessio, this is just well-meaning and are some tips. Because you do a real great work

I hope its halfway good described, because in English its difficult to describe this technical stuff.

www.paradise-bodies.com
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2007 :  10:13:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Thank you Paradise,

In next release I will change these folders, so XMM will put these files directly to "c:\users" subfolders.

Thank you!

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

Paradise
Starting Member

Germany
29 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2007 :  22:29:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ok, yesterday was the first time i really wanted to work with XMM in Vista.
There is a strange thing...

I took a DVD with some xViD and mpeg movies and XMM doesn’t read the codec‘s, the resolution and so on.

www.paradise-bodies.com
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2007 :  00:57:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Have you set to XMM administrator privileges?

http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2246

Please let me know,

Alessio
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.23 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07