Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 11
 Bug Reports
 Actors switched with roles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

romarkin
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2021 :  03:50:04  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I remember the good old days when the scripts were updated frequently. I just noticed that when getting the info for the actors in a movie, the role is switched with the actor's name. In other words, the program enters the name of the role in the actor database, and the actor's actual name is listed as the role. This has been going on for months before I even noticed it, I suppose there are many films affected. A quirk in the script I guess. I don't even know how many movies in the database are affected. The thing is, XMM used to work well but it seems that for the past year or more it's been left to itself. What with COVID and all this is understandable! This is one of my favorite programs so it's sad to see it come to this, but I suppose it was inevitable. Eventually there will come a day when it's not maintained anymore.

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2021 :  07:33:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Only a few users are still there trying to keep the scripts working - the program itself is quite a long time dead in my opinion :(
Beside that the scripts for release 10 I am personally using are more or less okay: OFDB.de, IMDB.com, serienjunkies.de, fernsehserien.de and IMDB.com (TVShows)...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

romarkin
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2021 :  05:55:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The script that is giving me problems is IMDB complete. It also populates the director field with additions that don't belong, like actors or writers.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2021 :  09:30:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Which release of XMM do you use? I am using XMM 10 and the script for IMDB(Complete) might be a little different.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/x5agwyxnxuao1ql/IMDB.COM+(Complete)+for+Rel.10.txt/file

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

romarkin
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2021 :  04:04:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am using Release 10. Thanks for posting that link to the script but even if I was able to download it I wouldn't know how to use it with the program.

I'm back because now I can't download anything from IMDB anymore, the program won't download anything at all after I add the titles.

This used to be a great software program but now it doesn't work at all!
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2021 :  09:04:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16123&whichpage=2

Just download the script(s) and copy to the Scripts folder of your XMM installation. (Standard is in your documents folder -> eXtreme Movie Manager 10

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.21 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07