Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

sarah1975
Starting Member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2015 :  18:19:17  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Send sarah1975 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I upgraded to the latest version and now the NFO export doesn't work. I have the software set to run as administrator.

I select a movie in my list, go to File/Export/Export Movies/NFO File Export/

Normal box appears and I select a template and click on "Export". I go and check the folder where the file is stored and nothing else appears - no NFO file, no cover art, etc.

I go back to the movie and double-check it is pointing to the right file, check. I try closing and re-opening the application as that has resolved this issue sometimes in the past.

Repeated the above steps and still nothing...

This is the primary reason I use eMM because it can generate the NFO files for XBMC/Kodi.

Thoughts/Solutions/Ideas?

--Sarah

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2015 :  18:56:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, I still use the 8.4.2.0 release and the export works as should.
Do you have checked all settings for the export such as the template?
For me the template was empty as I never have used this export.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

sarah1975
Starting Member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2015 :  18:59:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send sarah1975 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I upgraded to 8.4.3.0 which is the latest version. eMM said an update was available and release notes said it had a fix for NFO so I upgraded.

So, please first upgrade to latest version before testing. I also tried it with the "default" NFO files and it still doesn't work.

--Sarah

quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

Well, I still use the 8.4.2.0 release and the export works as should.
Do you have checked all settings for the export such as the template?
For me the template was empty as I never have used this export.

SNG
Go to Top of Page

sarah1975
Starting Member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2015 :  16:52:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send sarah1975 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I tried to downgrade to 8.4.2.0 and I still have the same issue.

I then tried to open the file attached to one of the movies and it wouldn't open. I noticed that if I took out the spaces in the filename then eMM could find the file.

So, I deleted the current file "link" attached to the move in eMM and re-attached the fixed file name. I then closed and re-opened eMM and tried to generate an NFO file for the movie.

I tried both my custom one and one of the default ones and both did not work at all.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2015 :  18:15:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have tried it with "My Testfile.avi" which I have attached to a database entry.
Then I have selected this file in the grid and selected in the menu to export the .nfo
My settings:
Clear all HTML Tags from Text
Save every NFO File with the FileName of MovieFile
Template XBMC.nfo

That worked for me - but only if the file was found. Otherwise the .nfo wasn't saved although XMM said that the export has finished without any error message.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

sarah1975
Starting Member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2015 :  16:15:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send sarah1975 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I followed the same steps with "Chicken Little.mkv" and it still didn't generate the NFO file for the movie. I also tested if the file could be found by using the "Play" button in eMM. It was able to find and play the movie. So if it can find it to play it... it should be able to find it and create the NFO file for it.

I think you found part of the issue in that it doesn't even generate an error message when it can't create the NFO file or an explanation why... It has worked in the past.

--Sarah

SNG
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2015 :  17:01:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Maybe you don't have permission to write into the desired folder? Write protection?
Any other idea I don't have at the moment...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

pitmaniac
Starting Member

Germany
1 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2015 :  12:57:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send pitmaniac an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I had the same problem. After Upgrading to 8.4.3.0 the NFO-Export did not work.
I tried the same procedures as sarah1975.

My Workaround for that Problem:

- Parallel installation of 8.2.3.0 and 8.4.5.0
- Start 8.2.3.0
- Ignore Import Dialog
- Files/Open Database
- Navigate to the Database of 8.4.5.0
- Files/Export Collection/Export Movies/TV Shows/NFO File Export
- Select NFO-template
- "Start Now" starts the export. (Ignore the Note below, the entire Grid will be exported)

I downloaded the 8.2.3.0 from http://www.heise.de/download/extreme-movie-manager-1153457.html (12.03.2015)

I hope in near future, my workaround is unnecessary.

Greatings from Germany. (spelling errors can be collected and exchanged)
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2015 :  13:20:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, then Ale seem to have bugged the function *lol*

By the way older releases still can be downloaded here:
http://www.binaryworks.it/download.asp?file=extrememm8.4.5.0.exe just change the release version in the link. I don't know how many releases stay stored but as example the 8.2.3.0 is still available.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

sarah1975
Starting Member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2015 :  16:03:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send sarah1975 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for confirming that it isn't just me experiencing this issue... My main concern with your "workaround" is that it sounds like it'll export NFO files for every movie in the collection. I don't need to do that... I update them one at a time... and don't want it to overwrite existing NFO files.

--Sarah

SNG
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2015 :  17:29:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Release 8.4.2.0 seem to fit best. So I would suggest to install this as long as there is no fix available.
I have earlier informed Ale about the bug by email, too.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

sarah1975
Starting Member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2015 :  18:15:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send sarah1975 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you. I'll downgrade to 8.4.2.0 until the issue is resolved.

SNG
Go to Top of Page

sarah1975
Starting Member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2015 :  18:56:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send sarah1975 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Update - I tried 8.4.2.0 and it still didn't generate the files... same with 8.4.1.0...

So I checked the update history and the one prior to that is 8.3.3.0 which does work! So I will stay at that version until it is fixed in 8.4.x.

I will disclose that it has been a while since I have needed to generate the NFO file for single files so it is possible that 8.4.x when it was first released, "broke" it... A little scary that no one else has reported the issue...

SNG
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2015 :  20:23:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Strange, for me the test with 8.4.2.0 worked well. But I have only tested it with one movie selected in the grid.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

psicotron
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2015 :  03:52:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I was able to reproduce the problem with exporting. I works just after I imported or edited a movie information. But, if I close the program e reopen, the export will not work except for the titles that I edit again (even if I donīt save anything).

[EDIT] Iīm running version 8.4.6.0_64bit on windows 7 64 bits, with AccessDatabaseEngine_x64.

Edited by - psicotron on 23 Apr 2015 03:54:05
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2015 :  07:30:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ah, that should be a hint for Ale

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

dl-support
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2015 :  16:06:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Having the same problem, I started some testing:

Facts: Win8.1(64), XMM-32 starting from D:\... (no matter if "as admin" or not).

Testmovies "Testmovie %driveletter%.mkv" on

D: local drive
F: USB-Harddisk
M: Networkdrive
V: Veracrypt-Container (mounted as removable)
X: Networkdrive mapped do the Veracrypt-Container mentioned above (same machine)

NFO Export - selected all 5 movies at once. All playable via "Play File", write access to all drives
Overwrite, hmtl-cleanup tagged. Nothing else.
Tested versions:

D ok
F ok
M ok
V no NFO written
X ok

D ok
F ok
M ok
V no NFO written
X ok

D ok
F ok
M ok
V no NFO written
X ok

D no NFO written
F no NFO written
M no NFO written
V no NFO written
X no NFO written

D no NFO written
F no NFO written
M no NFO written
V no NFO written
X no NFO written

downgrade to 8.4.2.0
D ok
F ok
M ok
V no NFO written
X ok

So IMHO 8.4.2.0 is the last "working" version!

Maybe this help fixing the problem.

Edited by - dl-support on 13 May 2015 16:07:37
Go to Top of Page

aramaram
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2015 :  08:52:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Actually I totally agree with Dommi about that.....follow his instructions

Graduated from [url=http://www.soran.edu.iq/] Soran [/url] University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.
Go to Top of Page

amml2000
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2015 :  11:36:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Would be really fantastic if this could be fixed!! Cheers
Go to Top of Page

sarah1975
Starting Member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2015 :  19:19:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send sarah1975 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just to confirm I am using the 32-bit version of EMM8.4.8.0 on a Windows 8.1 64-bit machine. I have about 1400 movies which is why I don't use the 64-bit version yet.

I still have this issue:
"I opened it, attached a file to an existing movie and then tried to create NFO file. It didn't do it. So I closed EMM and re-opened it and tried to export again... and this time it worked"

And, when I open EMM I do have administrative rights turn on.

I haven't yet tested EMM9 to see if it resolves the issue. I'll update again after I test EMM9.

--Sarah Graham

Edited by - sarah1975 on 05 Jun 2016 16:45:46
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2016 :  11:24:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Sarah,

Have you test the release 9? Please let me know!

Thank you,

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.29 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07