Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

ToneDEF
Starting Member

Australia
8 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2013 :  19:11:02  Show Profile  Visit ToneDEF's Homepage  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Thought I'd get in and make a topic for the ToneDEF template.
Please leave bug reports and suggestions in here.
I'll be checking back regularly...

_________
.|oneDEF...

Fendetestas
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2013 :  18:54:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'd like that in the detail page (i.e. when you've selected a film) instead of the thumbnail cover you saw the normal cover (_MOVIE_COVER_).
But only in the detail page, not in the home page or in the filtered pages.
I tried to modifiy the template but I couldn't make it work.
Go to Top of Page

ToneDEF
Starting Member

Australia
8 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2013 :  00:56:36  Show Profile  Visit ToneDEF's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fendetestas

I'd like that in the detail page (i.e. when you've selected a film) instead of the thumbnail cover you saw the normal cover (_MOVIE_COVER_).

Hi Fendetestas,
I'm unable to help with this because as you've already discovered, simply inserting _MOVIE_COVER_ into the _Detail.htm source code doesn't work. Templates can only work with the fields supplied by the EMM My Website feature and _MOVIE_COVER_ is not one of them (yet).

This is something that should be posted in the "My Website Suggestions" topic, but I fear should not be implemented lightly. The pixel and files sizes of the full movie covers in an EMM collection can vary greatly depending on how/where they were sourced (downloaded, scanned etc). It would be difficult to display them consistently on the page. It would be nice to have the full image popup when you click on the thumbnail though.
Cheers,

_________
.|oneDEF...
Go to Top of Page

Fendetestas
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2013 :  22:13:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ToneDEF

quote:
Originally posted by Fendetestas

Hi Fendetestas,
I'm unable to help with this because as you've already discovered, simply inserting _MOVIE_COVER_ into the _Detail.htm source code doesn't work. Templates can only work with the fields supplied by the EMM My Website feature and _MOVIE_COVER_ is not one of them (yet).

This is something that should be posted in the "My Website Suggestions" topic, but I fear should not be implemented lightly. The pixel and files sizes of the full movie covers in an EMM collection can vary greatly depending on how/where they were sourced (downloaded, scanned etc). It would be difficult to display them consistently on the page. It would be nice to have the full image popup when you click on the thumbnail though.
Cheers,

Maybe, it would be easier if in XMM you could set the thumbnail size at any size you desire and not just the several sizes you can choose right now. So you could set the thumbnail size to 500x400 pixels, for instance.
Go to Top of Page

peakey
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2013 :  23:16:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Can you put an option for 'Date Added to Library' please? I think thats a useful feature
Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2013 :  16:32:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Are there ways to add user features such as "seen", "marked", and "location" as filters? These are the filters that I use most often sot that I know what to watch and what type of movies they are.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

pace666
Starting Member

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2013 :  16:21:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Any news about filtering movie list??? It's important feature!!!
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2013 :  14:44:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Sorry, I was quite busy right now, I will try to do something asap.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

pace666
Starting Member

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2013 :  19:54:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ottimo!
Go to Top of Page

klint01
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2013 :  07:17:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have found that Studio does not pull correctly, although part of the list of fields made available it is not populated when the _detail.htm page is created.

I would also like to see the following DB fields made available as well. I am fine with editing the _detail.htm page to meet my needs, as long as the fields are made available.
Seen
WebLink
IMDBLink
Goofs
TrailerLink

If this is available in a configuration file somewhere, feel free to point me in the direction and I would be happy to make the change myself. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

klint01
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2013 :  02:08:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for the recent updates. Definitely getting better, but I do have a few more requests. I am comfortable coding this myself, if you could make it available in the file that feeds the hmtl page creation. Or if you are comfortable doing it yourself too, that's awesome. Anyway here is my list in priority order.

1) SEEN - love to put a small banner across the cover on the summary page and detail page that says SEEN if the movie has been flagged as SEEN.
2) Trailer preview - actually code in the preview page to the trailer video, so you it can be played on the movie detail page.
3) New filter - show SEEN, NOT SEEN, ALL
4) Goofs - would like to add Goofs below the Plot Section.
5) For links in the detail page, have them have target="_blank" so a new tab is opened versus opening on the existing page.

Thanks!! Love how v8 is progressing.

Edited by - klint01 on 18 May 2013 02:09:58
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  10:19:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello klint01!

I will add these fields you like in the next release, I hope to add them all.

About the template... if you want make some change and send to me I will happy to add it as a "New" template.

I am not really good in HTML,so every help will be appreciate.

What I think we need is to update the graphics of the Template... seem really too "OLD" style, but unfortunately I don't know how to change it.

Thank you!

Ale

Go to Top of Page

klint01
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2013 :  01:24:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio, I would be more than willing to put some samples together for you to consider as templates. As long as the fields are available in the DB output to the template.

Let me know when it is available.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

klint01
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2013 :  02:19:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
A few more things, if you can add to make the template more appealing, if you want me to create a new template page. Please include the following:

- fanart picture
- split genre and sub-genre as separate fields
- movie rating
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2013 :  18:42:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello and sorry for late reply!

I have put, in the latest release, a new template called "default"... it contain the fanart too, and its a little more beautiful.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

klint01
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2013 :  03:38:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Great! Can't wait to see it.
Go to Top of Page

klint01
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2013 :  15:54:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I like what you did with the new default template. I have some ideas that I will work on, but one thing that I think would be a nice fix is eliminating the white borders on the cover thumbnails. Any chance you can remove the forced white background?
Go to Top of Page

klint01
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2013 :  22:12:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio, I have made a new movie details page, which I will send to you along with the new css, js and image files.

By the way, like what you did with the home page for the movies, but have two suggestions. 1) fix movie covers (as noted previously) and 2) add a toggle filter for Seen and Unseen -OR- add the seen/unseen icon on top of cover image (place it in one corner of the cover).
Go to Top of Page

skpManiac
Starting Member

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2013 :  22:01:26  Show Profile  Visit skpManiac's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi guys, I am working on my export using Default and default 2 but all movies with rating of AVERAGE do not show up

I also would like help making this template more user friendly if anyone can help?

This is the page I mean, in XMM there are a lot of movies (when you multi select, it should say somewhere how many are selected)
http://www.maniaxsite.zen.co.uk/movies/Files/Filter_RATING_AVERAGE.htm

Please help
Thanks

So long and thanks for all the fish...

Edited by - skpManiac on 01 Oct 2013 22:02:35
Go to Top of Page

skpManiac
Starting Member

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2013 :  23:35:56  Show Profile  Visit skpManiac's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
After messing around it seems the TEXT version works fine on the AVERAGE screen, but the page I want to use with Thumbnails does NOT work.
This really needs fixing ASAP as it's quite a major glitch

I have updated the software and forced a reinstall, but its still the same :/

It's the same on every Template too!

So long and thanks for all the fish...

Edited by - skpManiac on 02 Oct 2013 00:12:45
Go to Top of Page

Fendetestas
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2013 :  22:36:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
So, if would be nice if the tags _MOVIE_COVER_ , _MOVIE_ORIGINALTITLE_, _MOVIE_MEDIA_, _MOVIE_CDBOXID_, _MOVIE_PERSONALRATING_, would be available in the templates. (Well, as a matter of fact, what would be really great is that all the tags mentioned http://xmm.a.wiki-site.com/index.php/MovieCards would be available).

Thanks for your efforts.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.27 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07