Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 XMM 8 - Best Way to change storage path?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Bollier
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2014 :  12:00:01  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I'm about to migrate my movies to a new server. the filepath will change. for example: \\nas-1\movies\movie.mkv will become \\movie-server\movies\movie.mkv

is there an easy way to change the filepath or do i have to re-import all of my 2000 movies?

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2014 :  13:25:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Go to Tools -> FieldManager and replace the desired field (or in all fields).

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Bollier
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2014 :  14:12:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
unfortunatley this doesn't work, nothing happens, thanks anyway
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2014 :  15:06:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Do you wanna change the filepath in the database? Then this should work.
Another possibility would be to add the new path to the device scanner and reimport the codecs. This is the fastest way to change the path automatically.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Bollier
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2014 :  12:54:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Tools -> File Manager (Movies)-> Fields Functions -> Replace a Word on Files

This seems to work
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07