Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 eXtreme Movie Manager meets myMovies (iPhone)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2009 :  08:51:08  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi guys,

I am proud to introduce this new feature for all users that has an iPhone. We have make a partnership with Netwalk to Import and Export the movie collection from XMM to myMovies.

myMovies follow exactly our filosophy, build great application with passion at really low cost.

From XMM 7.0.3.3 you will be able to import and export the "export.zip" file to exchange data.

Some Screenshots, instructions will follow after release of 7.0.3.3.

I hope you will enjoy it

Here is the link to myMovies Official Webpage:
http://iphone.netwalk.be/content/mymovies

Stay Tuned!

As always, impressions and suggestions are always welcome

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf

81RED
Starting Member

Denmark
30 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2009 :  20:58:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Is the above by any chance referring to an, as yet unreleased version of MyMovies for the iPhone?
The version I just purchased does not appear to have a FTP server feature - all I can select is Bonjour (which I cannot get to work) via a SyncDocs JAVA application on the PC. Am somewhat confused right now...
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2009 :  21:50:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Sorry guys, we had some problems with the iTunes store, they have not put online the new release 1.6 yet, I hope the next days will be available.

Of course all future releases of myMovies are included, so if you have already purchase it you can download the 1.6 for free.

Sorry again for this mistake.

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

magicpaolo
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2009 :  22:32:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio,
have you read the customer feedback on iTunes store about this product ?

Take a look, it seems to not work very well

Paolo
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2009 :  06:47:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Paolo,

You are right, the 5 customer feedback are really bad, but I know they have thousands of users that are happy with the product, so I am quite sure that everything will be fine.

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

tnys
Starting Member

Belgium
3 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2009 :  22:28:49  Show Profile  Visit tnys's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi all,

I'm Tom - the developer of myMovies. I know we have some bad reviews in the app store, but we also have over 3000 happy myMovies users.

Anyhow, we hope myMovies 1.6 gets available soon (it depends on Apple - we uploaded it last week), with that version you can import/export from eXtreme Movie Manager. And as Alessio already mentioned, all future updates of myMovies are always free.

If you have any questions, comments, bug reports or just need a nice chat, you can always contact us on http://iphone.netwalk.be/contact (or mail me directly at tom.nys@netwalk.be).

Cheers!

Tom
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2009 :  18:43:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Guys,

The new release 1.6 of myMovies is ready to download!!

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

xeo
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2009 :  19:55:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
i just bought and downloaded mymovies but i can't reach the ftp server and import the catalog (but it's pingable!!)

can you give me the path where mymovies start ftp server so i can transfer the file with ssh??

thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2009 :  08:55:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Xeo,

it's strange, the IP should be enough, what FTP Client are you using?

Ale

Go to Top of Page

xeo
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2009 :  09:52:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
i tried filezilla on linux e total commander on windows and the error was: connection refused by server!

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2009 :  10:13:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK, I will contact the author of myMovies.

Thank you,

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

xeo
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2009 :  10:29:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
ti rispondo in italiano dato che siamo solo noi, ho risolto entrando via ssh e copiando il file export.zip nella directory ftp del programma.

questo pero non possono farlo tutti è una soluzione di ripiego per chi ha un iphone jailbrekkato e conosce la struttura delle cartelle del sistema!

Go to Top of Page

Cybernet35
Starting Member

France
2 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2009 :  13:26:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The same for me. I'm under vista. I try 3 FTP clients and the same error : Connection refused !
Go to Top of Page

tnys
Starting Member

Belgium
3 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2009 :  21:30:15  Show Profile  Visit tnys's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi

Just to let you know there is an issue with the FTP transfer under iPhone OS 2.2.1 (due to a bug in OS 2.2.1). We have send an update to Apple (myMovies 1.6.1) but the approval time tends to take about a week, so we can only wait. As soon as you install iPhone OS 3.0 (will be available by the end of this week), myMovies 1.6 will work with the FTP transfer.

Sorry for all the hassle - but as always - we try to provide a solution for your issues as soon as possible.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to contact us (@tnys, iphone.netwalk.be or by email).
Go to Top of Page

xeo
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2009 :  19:40:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
thanks, but i'd encountered another problem with firmware 2.2.0 i transfered export.zip via ssh and mymovies start to import but crash when reach 400 movies imported, maybe it's my database that's wrong (800 movies 18mb)!
i will wait for new update and also the new firmware!

thank you again
Go to Top of Page

microbi
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2009 :  13:49:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Will this work with IPod Nano?

Will test it asap.
Go to Top of Page

tnys
Starting Member

Belgium
3 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2009 :  22:09:44  Show Profile  Visit tnys's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

It will only work with iPod Touch and iPhone. We're working hard on myMovies 1.7 (while waiting on Apple to release 1.6.1) which fixes importing big movie databases, improves scrolling performance and some more cosmetic tweaks.

Stay tuned!

Cheers

Tom.
Go to Top of Page

3dmx
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2009 :  19:10:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm now running latest versions of myMovies, XMM, FileZilla and IPod Touch 3.0.
Before I updated myMovies, I was able to BackUp and Restore, but couldn't get more than 480 movies on to the Ipod.
Now that I've updated I can connect to the Ipod and see the correct directory and backupfile, but I can't download it. I get a "no such directory or file" message.
I can upload a new file when restoring, but it doesn't restore it.
I'm running in active mode and have tried both to disconnect from the Ipod ftp server and shut down filezilla before restoring and after.
Nothing seems to be working.
Do others have the same issues or is everything working for you ?

Edited by - 3dmx on 08 Jul 2009 10:55:52
Go to Top of Page

Kerrikko

71 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2009 :  00:24:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Nice !

How cool will it be when we can have the playback button also imported in the XMM database info ( with proper Hard Drive positioning reference included, of course ). I can already see myself browsing through my collection on an iPhone then playing back the video file of my choice through wifi connected to the main computer hard drive where the file is stored.

...and by the time 3G is powerful / cheap enough, why not through the provider's bandwidth ?

=)

Way to Go !
Go to Top of Page

3dmx
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2009 :  13:10:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
New update was available for myMovies. Tried it. Now myMovies shuts down when I'm trying to upload the export.zip.......... hmmmm.
Go to Top of Page

cortexwave

144 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2009 :  19:07:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hi,

same problem here as 3dmax. movies shuts down importing export.zip here (iphone 3g 3.0)

have a nice day

cortexwave

edit: ok i had to close the connection to the ftp programm and then mymovies begun importing my export.zip.

Edited by - cortexwave on 19 Aug 2009 12:45:30
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.3 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07