Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 HTML Cards
 No Actor Photos for TV Show Episodes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Marek_We
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2011 :  21:32:51  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello! Just one question. The HTML Cards do not show Actors' Pictures for each episode of tv show, though they are included in the cast. Could you work on the card that would show such actor photos for each episod?

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2011 :  21:38:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That is a special XMM function. This function is only on the main movie card available at the moment.

On the Episode Card XMM only adds one text field with all Actors/Roles.

I already requested this addition to the Episode Card a few times in the past...
Go to Top of Page

Marek_We
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2011 :  21:48:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
So no hope for a quick fix?
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2011 :  21:55:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No. Only Ale can add this function.

There has to be additional variables for the Episode Card and a code inside XMM that replicates the HTML-Code part for each Actor just like on the Main Card.

Since this function isn't that easily done in XMM I can somehow understand that Ale isn't eager to add this...
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2011 :  06:38:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Prinz is right,

its really not easy, this is why do not exist at this time.

I will add to my work-list.

Thank you!

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Marek_We
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2011 :  17:32:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, the current situation is even worse. I have added the tv show "Game of Thrones". And the software added only four actors! I have used IMDB.COM (TVSeries) For Rel.7.txt. But if you look at the IDMB page, the cast includes only 4 actors but you can go for a full cast and crew. Unfortunately the software inludes only 4 actors and ignores the other actors ...
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2011 :  17:45:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Marek_We

I have used IMDB.COM (TVSeries) For Rel.7.txt. But if you look at the IDMB page, the cast includes only 4 actors but you can go for a full cast and crew. Unfortunately the software inludes only 4 actors and ignores the other actors ...

That I did on purpose, because the in the TV Show itself should only be the regular Main Cast like on the Main IMDB.COM Page. The Rest of Cast (Guest Stars,...) should only go into the appropriate Episodes and that is the way I programmed the Script.
Go to Top of Page

Marek_We
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2011 :  17:49:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
But this does not make sense because these 4 actors are not the main actors of the tv show. So for example, Sean Bean is not listed, though he is the main actor of the show ... Afterwards when you click at his Actor Card, there is no information that he plays in this TV show.
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2011 :  18:02:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Then the data on IMDB.COM is wrong and that problem should be reported to that site (IMDB.COM)... So that the site can be corrected.

Just look at some most popular tv shows , there it's correct. I'm not responsible for wrong data on some sites...

I can't say anything to that particular show, I don't know this tv show.

Edited by - Prinz on 23 Apr 2011 18:03:14
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2011 :  18:08:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
imdb.com shows only 4 actors on their info page to the show.
Normally there are the main actors of the show - but not in this case.
So like Prinz has said: it's a bug / wrong information on their site!

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

ronbug4444

147 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2011 :  03:00:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I understand your reasoning for making this script only add characters from the main page, but some shows like "Charmed" have more than 4 main characters. Would it be possible to change the script so that you could select the number of cast to download, like in the movie scripts?
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2011 :  15:01:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Would be complicated, because the rest of Cast is on a subsite with different layout...

But I think the Actors are sorted automatically on IMDB.COM, on the objective reason in how many Episodes there were. That probably the reason that new Shows with few Episodes aren't correctly sorted.

Edited by - Prinz on 24 Apr 2011 15:01:48
Go to Top of Page

ronbug4444

147 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2011 :  16:05:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ok, I understand. I download any of the extra actors that I need using thetvdb.com script. Thank you for explaining.
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2011 :  16:12:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I put it on my

- to-do if I'm bored list
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.18 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07