BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 HTML Cards
 No Actor Photos for TV Show Episodes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Marek_We Posted - 22 Apr 2011 : 21:32:51
Hello! Just one question. The HTML Cards do not show Actors' Pictures for each episode of tv show, though they are included in the cast. Could you work on the card that would show such actor photos for each episod?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Prinz Posted - 24 Apr 2011 : 16:12:29
I put it on my

- to-do if I'm bored list
ronbug4444 Posted - 24 Apr 2011 : 16:05:08
Ok, I understand. I download any of the extra actors that I need using thetvdb.com script. Thank you for explaining.
Prinz Posted - 24 Apr 2011 : 15:01:05
Would be complicated, because the rest of Cast is on a subsite with different layout...

But I think the Actors are sorted automatically on IMDB.COM, on the objective reason in how many Episodes there were. That probably the reason that new Shows with few Episodes aren't correctly sorted.
ronbug4444 Posted - 24 Apr 2011 : 03:00:37
I understand your reasoning for making this script only add characters from the main page, but some shows like "Charmed" have more than 4 main characters. Would it be possible to change the script so that you could select the number of cast to download, like in the movie scripts?
JDommi Posted - 23 Apr 2011 : 18:08:20
imdb.com shows only 4 actors on their info page to the show.
Normally there are the main actors of the show - but not in this case.
So like Prinz has said: it's a bug / wrong information on their site!
Prinz Posted - 23 Apr 2011 : 18:02:21
Then the data on IMDB.COM is wrong and that problem should be reported to that site (IMDB.COM)... So that the site can be corrected.

Just look at some most popular tv shows , there it's correct. I'm not responsible for wrong data on some sites...

I can't say anything to that particular show, I don't know this tv show.
Marek_We Posted - 23 Apr 2011 : 17:49:44
But this does not make sense because these 4 actors are not the main actors of the tv show. So for example, Sean Bean is not listed, though he is the main actor of the show ... Afterwards when you click at his Actor Card, there is no information that he plays in this TV show.
Prinz Posted - 23 Apr 2011 : 17:45:05
quote:
Originally posted by Marek_We

I have used IMDB.COM (TVSeries) For Rel.7.txt. But if you look at the IDMB page, the cast includes only 4 actors but you can go for a full cast and crew. Unfortunately the software inludes only 4 actors and ignores the other actors ...

That I did on purpose, because the in the TV Show itself should only be the regular Main Cast like on the Main IMDB.COM Page. The Rest of Cast (Guest Stars,...) should only go into the appropriate Episodes and that is the way I programmed the Script.
Marek_We Posted - 23 Apr 2011 : 17:32:53
Well, the current situation is even worse. I have added the tv show "Game of Thrones". And the software added only four actors! I have used IMDB.COM (TVSeries) For Rel.7.txt. But if you look at the IDMB page, the cast includes only 4 actors but you can go for a full cast and crew. Unfortunately the software inludes only 4 actors and ignores the other actors ...
Alessio Viti Posted - 23 Apr 2011 : 06:38:58
Prinz is right,

its really not easy, this is why do not exist at this time.

I will add to my work-list.

Thank you!

Ale
Prinz Posted - 22 Apr 2011 : 21:55:21
No. Only Ale can add this function.

There has to be additional variables for the Episode Card and a code inside XMM that replicates the HTML-Code part for each Actor just like on the Main Card.

Since this function isn't that easily done in XMM I can somehow understand that Ale isn't eager to add this...
Marek_We Posted - 22 Apr 2011 : 21:48:17
So no hope for a quick fix?
Prinz Posted - 22 Apr 2011 : 21:38:35
That is a special XMM function. This function is only on the main movie card available at the moment.

On the Episode Card XMM only adds one text field with all Actors/Roles.

I already requested this addition to the Episode Card a few times in the past...

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.11 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07