New IMDB script by FreakBrother...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2005 :  01:26:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Robbie Dalley

I keep getting the error:

Error on Script Expression:The #FINDLINE# Instruction is not complete !Line:687

Can you help?

robbie

What program do you use to edit the settings in the script?

First check to see if the linebreaks are like they should in the script.
1) Open the script file with notepad (don't use any other program).
2) Press Ctrl+F and search for: awaiting 5 votes

Does the line look like in this picture? (then it's like it should)

or does it look like this?

If it looks like in the second picture:
1) Download the script again from http://freakbrother.100free.com/ or http://www.freewebs.com/freakbrother/
2) Unpack the scriptfile and overwrite the existing one.
3) Now try to import one movie and see if it works like it should.
4) If it worked then use notepad to configure the script with the settings you want

@ChAoS Overlord
That's strange. Because the script is configured to convert the codes for quotationmark.
These codes are automaticly translated by your browser when you view a page so
I have to add a space between every character otherwise it only shows "
This code:
& # 3 4 ;
and also:
& q u o t ;
are converted in the script to a quotationmark: "

Check at the end of the scriptfile in the #SUBSTITUTETAGS# section to make sure that they are there.
The first one should look like this (without the spaces ):
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=& # 3 4 ;="
and the second like this:
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=& q u o t ;="

Do they exist and look like they should?
Have you made any changes in the script except changing the settings in the beginning of the file?

Edited by - FreaKBrother on 17 Jan 2005 01:30:26
Go to Top of Page

ChAoS Overlord
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2005 :  01:38:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send ChAoS Overlord an ICQ Message  Send ChAoS Overlord a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
ATM, I'm unable to check since my computer with the database died on me last friday (motherboard failure). But I haven't made any changes, just did a clean install of the latest XMM (3.2b2) with your script just the way it was included...
Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2005 :  04:59:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ok I understand. Sorry to hear about the computer.
When you get the computer up and running again get back to me and we'll try to sort it out

I'm going to add quite a few movies myself this week so I will check the script more thoroughly then just to make sure.
Go to Top of Page

Zbaric
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2005 :  20:39:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've collected a couple thousand IMDB numbers for dvds and wanted to import the imformation into EMM using your excellent script. I made a small subset of the numbers in order to test and set up the script. I imported the subset through the import csv file. I can't seem to get EMM to recognize more than one column importing this way so I import the same information to the movie title and the site id number.

I then went to the Script engine configuration tab and checked the following....

Import movie Title
Update mode 3 where it will use the web ID
and checked the USE WEB ID indicator

So far so good

I then used your newest script without changing any of the defaults. It work perfectly !!!!!

Now I changed several of the defaults and ended up with numerous errors. So I decided to go back to your basic unaltered script and change the defaults one at a time. Testing after each change in the parameters. I got lucky and on my first change I think I found the culprit.

I changed the script so it would collect the Imdb name of the actor and then all the errors showed up again.

There are two different kinds of errors and I will attempt to describe them in detail.

1. The script collects the part they played (character name) without the actors name. This generally happens to the first actor, but can also do it to the other parts.
For example....... ((Movie Titled >>>>'R Xmas 2001))
(The Wife) | (The Husband (as Lillo Brancato Jr.)) | (Lisa, the Daughter) | Ice-T (Kidnapper) | Victor Argo (Louie) | (Louie's Wife) | (Aunt) | (The Niece) | (Niece's Husband) | (Accomplice No. 1 (as Andy Fiscella)) | (Accomplice No. 2) | (Accomplice No. 3) | (Shopper No. 1) | (Shopper No. 2) | (Bike Pick Up Man (as Frank Antonio 'Anthony' Cuervo)) | (Child Scrooge) | (Elf No. 2) | (Santa Claus) | (Security Guard) | Bersalde Vega (Toy Store Manager) | (High Rise Doorman) | (Parking Attendant) | (Tio) | (Sucio) | (Trey (as Jamal 'Redrum' Simmons)) | (Gypsy Cab Driver (as Oscar S. Tevez))

2. The script collects nothing buts changes the following data fields on movie 0092494
Checks the web imported box
Scripts used: [IMDB.COM] - (Adjustable_Script-Full_Import_'Default')_FreaKBrother_2005.01.06.txt
WEB Link: http://www.imdb.com/Details?0092494

Here is a list of the movies I was testing with (they are all valid movies)

Title, ccccc
0190938,o
0169528,o
0094587,o
0096734,o
0092493,o
0060666,o
0254924,o
0034420,o
0217978,o
0090557,o
0291691,o
0168453,o
0092494,o
0078718,o
0118526,o
0278259,o
0078721,o
0147800,o
0085121,o
0280377,o
0214388,o

Again this is an excellent script. I don't want you to think I was knocking it or being negative

Thank you

Zbaric
Go to Top of Page

Zbaric
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2005 :  18:26:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This is the basic data formatting

Dennis Quaid ....(Jack Hall) | Jake Gyllenhaal ....(Sam Hall) | Emmy Rossum ....(Laura Chapman) | Dash Mihok ....(Jason Evans) | Jay O. Sanders ....(Frank Harris) | Sela Ward ....(Dr. Lucy Hall) | Austin Nichols ....(J.D.) | Arjay Smith ....(Brian Parks) | Tamlyn Tomita ....(Janet Tokada) | Sasha Roiz ....(Parker)

I've been able to figure how how to change that to this by adding the #NEWLINE# command

Dennis Quaid ....(Jack Hall)
| Jake Gyllenhaal ....(Sam Hall)
| Emmy Rossum ....(Laura Chapman)
| Dash Mihok ....(Jason Evans)
| Jay O. Sanders ....(Frank Harris)
| Sela Ward ....(Dr. Lucy Hall)
| Austin Nichols ....(J.D.)
| Arjay Smith ....(Brian Parks)
| Tamlyn Tomita ....(Janet Tokada)
| Sasha Roiz ....(Parker)

What I would like to see is this format. Try as I might I can't seem to figure how to do that.

Dennis Quaid ....(Jack Hall)
Jake Gyllenhaal ....(Sam Hall)
Emmy Rossum ....(Laura Chapman)
Dash Mihok ....(Jason Evans)
Jay O. Sanders ....(Frank Harris)
Sela Ward ....(Dr. Lucy Hall)
Austin Nichols ....(J.D.)
Arjay Smith ....(Brian Parks)
Tamlyn Tomita ....(Janet Tokada)
Sasha Roiz ....(Parker)

Any suggestions Thank you
Zbaric
Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  01:27:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@Zbaric
Thanks for posting about the script error
Unfortunately I'm really busy at work at the moment but I'll try to fix that next week.

Now about the " | " between actors etc. That is not added by the script but by the program itself.
Under the menu "Tools" select "Configuration..." and you will find "Actors separator".
You could delete the "|" there but be aware that this does not only affect the actors. It also affects the directors, producers, writers etc.
Go to Top of Page

Ian
Starting Member

Belgium
25 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  21:47:55  Show Profile  Visit Ian's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
any hints on the speed issue ? I know that whatever script I used when I began w/ XMM was very fast. I love the options, but it takes a very long time to finish the DL of the movie info. And the progress indicator shows very many KB being DL'd. Much more that makes sense for a few text fields and a couple covers.

What could I do to speed it up?

thanks
Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2005 :  03:17:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

any hints on the speed issue ? I know that whatever script I used when I began w/ XMM was very fast. I love the options, but it takes a very long time to finish the DL of the movie info. And the progress indicator shows very many KB being DL'd. Much more that makes sense for a few text fields and a couple covers.

What could I do to speed it up?

thanks

Do you really think the script is slow?
It doesn't seem slow to me. Does anybody else think it's slow?

Or is it that you think it shows a lot of KB in the "progress indicator"?

When you run the import then the "Magic Script engine" puts everything in a cache (on your computer) but the "progress indicator" counts every KB that is processed by the "Magic Script engine". It doesn't matter if it gets it from the cache (your computer) or the internet.

For example if you use the default settings in the script and the movie that you import is a "direct hit" (which means that you don't have to select a movie in the list) then the script will load the same page several times and the "progress indicator" will count that page every time.
The directors, actors, producers, writers, photographers, music, distributors are all on the same page but that also means that the "progress indicator" counts the same html file 7 times. So if that page is 50KB then the "progress indicator" will count that single html file as 350KB.

The major thing that can make the script slower is if you set the script to take the "imdb names" of people (variables #33# and #34#) because then it has to get a new html file for every person (this is not enabled by default). And since some movies have like 70 actors listed then it takes a while.

Another thing is that some of the old scripts were configured to only take the first 8 actors that played in the movie and my script takes ALL actors by default.
Change the variable #32# to 8 or the number of actors you want to take (default setting is 0 = take all actors).

Edited by - FreaKBrother on 22 Jan 2005 03:26:23
Go to Top of Page

Zbaric
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2005 :  21:48:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've dropped the cover download and limited the actors to ten, but that is due in part because of the quanity I plan to download and I also plan to use the IMDB names.

But relative to the information it collects it is very quick.

Removing the downloading of the covers seems to offset the collecting of the IMDB names. I don't plan on using the covers as I am more interested in information as opposed to asthetics.

Zbaric

Go to Top of Page

Robbie Dalley
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2005 :  05:09:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by FreaKBrother

quote:
Originally posted by Robbie Dalley

I keep getting the error:

Error on Script Expression:The #FINDLINE# Instruction is not complete !Line:687

Can you help?

robbie

Thanks for the pointer this worked, but I was using the the online version of the script, so it needs to be fixed since it downloads each time you select the online version.

What program do you use to edit the settings in the script?

First check to see if the linebreaks are like they should in the script.
1) Open the script file with notepad (don't use any other program).
2) Press Ctrl+F and search for: awaiting 5 votes

Does the line look like in this picture? (then it's like it should)

or does it look like this?

If it looks like in the second picture:
1) Download the script again from http://freakbrother.100free.com/ or http://www.freewebs.com/freakbrother/
2) Unpack the scriptfile and overwrite the existing one.
3) Now try to import one movie and see if it works like it should.
4) If it worked then use notepad to configure the script with the settings you want

@ChAoS Overlord
That's strange. Because the script is configured to convert the codes for quotationmark.
These codes are automaticly translated by your browser when you view a page so
I have to add a space between every character otherwise it only shows "
This code:
& # 3 4 ;
and also:
& q u o t ;
are converted in the script to a quotationmark: "

Check at the end of the scriptfile in the #SUBSTITUTETAGS# section to make sure that they are there.
The first one should look like this (without the spaces ):
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=& # 3 4 ;="
and the second like this:
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=& q u o t ;="

Do they exist and look like they should?
Have you made any changes in the script except changing the settings in the beginning of the file?

Go to Top of Page

djspazz
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2005 :  06:29:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think this might be related to the [IMDB.COM] - (Adjustable_Script-Full_Import_'Default')_FreaKBrother_06_Jan_2005.txt script... if I'm wrong then sorry in advance for posting it here.

Before when I imported a movie (The Movie) it would save as "Movie, The" now it saves as "The Movie". How do I set this back to putting The after the title? Thanks guys.
Go to Top of Page

Bakkir
Starting Member

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2005 :  13:51:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

if i import a movie with ure script, some "|" are placed in the length (e.g. "|102 min|"), comment and the award-field. is there a way to solve this ? (my guess it's a "blank" problem)

Bakkir
Go to Top of Page

Rincewind

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2005 :  13:13:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Interesting set of posts but sadly I can't get that far atall.
I have just cleaned everything out, downloaded and installed 3.4 build 1, selected a movie (Blood Work), and asked the default script to download info. Default script is FreakBrother-06_Jan_2005.txt

All I then get is three headings
Most Popular, Partial, Approx but no movie titles (and an invitation to select a movie!!!)
If I search IMDB directly the movie comes out top of the list (Blood Work (2002). If I copy/paste this into the Movie field, the script still finds nothing.

If I select another script (e.g. Samkola 11 july 2004) everything works fine.

Any offers as to what might be wrong?
(XP SP2, XMM 3.4 build 1, Opera 7.51, P4 3Ghz 512Mb)

PS We seem to have lost the error message - Must select a script
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2005 :  14:31:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I haven't see IMDB but I think that the HTML Structure is changed a bit, this is why the Script is not working.

FreakBrother let me know if you have time for fix it.

Thank you!

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

Hoze`
Starting Member

Hungary
4 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2005 :  15:08:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
Newest ([IMDB.COM] - (Adjustable_Script-Full_Import_'Default')_FreaKBrother_2005.01.06.txt) script does not working:
1. movie title searching has no results at all!
2. ??? can not get through step 1 :(
Please check it!

Hoze`
Go to Top of Page

Hoze`
Starting Member

Hungary
4 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2005 :  16:09:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ok, I'd analysed FreakBrothers' [IMDB.COM] - (Adjustable_Script-Full_Import_'Default')_FreaKBrother_2005.01.06.txt Script.

IMDB Search Results' HTML CODE changed!

You can manually correct the sript (but you lose your warranty! :))
:REPEATSEARCH
#IF# #18#>>#01#
#WRITETITLELIST#=
#ENDIF#
#WRITETITLELIST#=#19#
#WRITETITLELIST#=#30#
// find the end of this sections titles
#FIND#=</li></ol>#21##ONERROR#=*OK*
#LOADCURSOR#=#20#
#REPEAT#
#FIND#=<li> <a href="/title#10##ONERROR#=*OK*
#IF# #10#>>#21#
// finished this section
#GOTO#=ENDLIST
#ENDIF#
#IF# #10#==#00#
// finished this section
#GOTO#=ENDLIST
#ENDIF#
// take movie ID
#FIND#=/tt#11##ONERROR#=*OK*
#COMPUTECURSOR#=+2
#PUTCURSOR#=#11#
#FIND#=/#12##ONERROR#=*OK*
#TAKEWORD#=#15#,#11#,#12#
// take title
#FIND#=>#13##ONERROR#=*OK*
#FIND#=<#14##ONERROR#=*OK*
#TAKEWORD#=#12#,#13#,#14#
// take year
#FIND#=>#13##ONERROR#=*OK*
#FIND#=<#14##ONERROR#=*OK*
#TAKEWORD#=#24#,#13#,#14#
#STRING#=#16#=#12##24#
#CHECKVARIABLE#=#16#
#STARDELETETAGS#
#STARTSUBSTITUTETAGS#
#WRITETITLELIST#=#31#/Details?#15# ---> #16#
#WHILE# #00#<>#10#

!change made at the bold line: just isert two spaces beetween "<li>" and "<a href=...". In the original code there were no spaces!

or can download from here
<a href="http://web.axelero.hu/horszaga/IMDB_FreaKBrother_2005_01_06-correction%20by%20Hoze050202.zip">IMDB_FreaKBrother_2005_01_06-correction by Hoze050202.zip</a>

Hopefully there will be no more change, Mr.IMDB!

Byez & welcome from Hungary!

Hoze`
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2005 :  20:09:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Hoze!!

The new script will be ready in the ONLINE mode in few minutes

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2005 :  09:41:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@Hoze`
Excellent! Thanks for helping out with the script
I don't have internet access at the moment so I haven't
been able to do any work on the script

Hopefully I will be back online in the begining of next week

Edited by - FreaKBrother on 03 Feb 2005 10:05:39
Go to Top of Page

Steffi
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2005 :  11:47:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bakkir

Hi,

if i import a movie with ure script, some "|" are placed in the length (e.g. "|102 min|"), comment and the award-field. is there a way to solve this ? (my guess it's a "blank" problem)

Bakkir

same here, only by the field 'lenght'

Edited by - Steffi on 07 Feb 2005 11:47:42
Go to Top of Page

djspazz
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2005 :  23:25:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by djspazz

I think this might be related to the [IMDB.COM] - (Adjustable_Script-Full_Import_'Default')_FreaKBrother_06_Jan_2005.txt script... if I'm wrong then sorry in advance for posting it here.

Before when I imported a movie (The Movie) it would save as "Movie, The" now it saves as "The Movie". How do I set this back to putting The after the title? Thanks guys.

No ideas?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.23 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07