New IMDB script by FreakBrother...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2004 :  16:03:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've been checking thru the code for the awards and I've made a few improvements for the formating.
Everything isn't fixed yet (for example the information about "Bogey Award"), but it's getting there

Go to this page: http://freakbrother.100free.com and get the file "2004-12-28.IMDB.Movie.(awards.BETA).rar" and try it.

I'll see if I have more time to play around with it later today or tomorrow.

Edited by - FreaKBrother on 28 Dec 2004 16:05:01
Go to Top of Page

donnyj

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2004 :  08:47:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you, your new version is MUCH better!!

I think I see why it won't read the bogey awards, but I have no idea how to fix it. I think it skips it because there is no recipient listed....

Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2004 :  14:31:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes the script skips it because it doesn't find any recipients.
I'm thinking about adding an option to enable/disable the tags (in case some people want them) and I'll try to do that next year

I'm going away now to celebrate New Years Eve.
Happy New Year everyone
Go to Top of Page

Ian
Starting Member

Belgium
25 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2004 :  06:10:13  Show Profile  Visit Ian's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think it's very nice you have a site for that script, but I am completely unable to access your site. I have tried for a couple weeks. It is NOT possible from Belgium for whatever reason.
http://freakbrother.100free.com --> Not accessable from Belgium, tried from 10 different computers, ask friends to try from their houses, using a different ISP.... no one can access your site from Belgium.

I tried using spoofing applications, and proxy servers, nothing I do will access your site.

I tried guessing the exact link and using Flashget v1.60 to obtain the file, as Flashget can get files from China, Russian and other difficult servers, But again failed totally. Guessed this as the link.
http://freakbrother.100free.com/2004-12-28.IMDB.Movie.(awards.BETA).rar

Also tried http://freakbrother.100free.com/default.html
http://freakbrother.100free.com/index.html

It seems your site does not have an Index.html page or access is forbidden from my country ??

Is is possilble for you to UL the file to a file sharing server, or provide a direct link on a server accessable from Beglium?
some free file servers:
http://s9.yousendit.com/
http://ezshare.de/en/200.html

(You site must limit access from outsite your area or something, I've only seen similar problems with Russian sites.)

I.E. -->
Gateway Timeout
The following error occurred:
Server unreachable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please contact the administrator.

Flashget -->

Fri Dec 31 05:04:45 2004 Error occured! Socket Error=10060 Connection refused.

Edited by - Ian on 31 Dec 2004 06:37:03
Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2004 :  19:06:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Try this one:
http://www.freewebs.com/freakbrother/
Go to Top of Page

stuebmi
Starting Member

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2005 :  14:12:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I checked the new script by searching for Sharon Stone. It appears that the script returns only part of the choices one get by using imdb.com and the download is incomplete - part of the filmographie and no picture download. I checked a couple more actors and the result is the same. Any idea what I do wrong?
Go to Top of Page

Ian
Starting Member

Belgium
25 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2005 :  18:04:00  Show Profile  Visit Ian's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
tnx mucho FreakBro... that worked perfectly. Now I'm back in biz. Can't do any testing for a bit as I'm on my monthly bandwidth limit.

Happy New Year
Go to Top of Page

clokwise
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2005 :  04:32:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey FB,

I'm using your latest script and finding some bugs:

First off, I imported only the web-links for all my movies. Afterward, I went back to import the rest of the data. That's when I noticed things we're not quite right....

When importing some movies, certain fields are not updating, or rather, they are, but they seem to fill with either the last edited movie data, or the last web imported movie data. Specifically - I am seeing the Producer, Director, Distributor, Music, and Starring fields incorrectly importing. There may be others that I haven't spotted yet. This doesn't happen with every movie, only some. But even then, some movies will import some of the above fields, but not all of them.

The key seems to be when web importing a movie using the "akas.imdb.com/find?" syntax these fields don't update, and when importing using the direct link syntax, "www.imdb.com/Details?" these fields will update correctly.

Here are just some of my movies where this occurs:
http://akas.imdb.com/find?q=Joseph%20Campbell%20-%20The%20Power%20of%20Myth&type=substring&tv=on&sort=smart;tt=1;mx=50
http://akas.imdb.com/find?q=A%20Chump%20At%20Oxford&type=substring&tv=on&sort=smart;tt=1;mx=50
http://akas.imdb.com/find?q=A%20Night%20in%20Casablanca&type=substring&tv=on&sort=smart;tt=1;mx=50

And another totlly unrelated bug:

When importing: http://www.imdb.com/Details?0379115 I get the following text in Comments:

IMDbPro.com-FreeTrial | IMDb Publicity Photos

Copyright © 1990-2005 Internet Movie Database Inc.
Terms and Privacy Policy under which this service is provided to you.
An company. Advertise on IMDb. License our content.

I suppose this indicates there are no comments available, but wouldn't it be better to just leave the field blank in this case?
Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2005 :  13:22:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@stuebmi
I tried the actorsscript and it works for me to import all the information about Sharon Stone, but I noticed some changes at iMDB and I'm going to rewrite parts of the script. So check back here and get the updated script (probably tomorrow, Jan. 7) and then you can see if it solves your problem

quote:
Originally posted by clokwise
When importing some movies, certain fields are not updating, or rather, they are, but they seem to fill with either the last edited movie data, or the last web imported movie data. Specifically - I am seeing the Producer, Director, Distributor, Music, and Starring fields incorrectly importing.

Something might have changed again on their website. I'll look into it.

quote:
When importing: http://www.imdb.com/Details?0379115 I get the following text in Comments:

IMDbPro.com-FreeTrial | IMDb Publicity Photos

Copyright © 1990-2005 Internet Movie Database Inc.
Terms and Privacy Policy under which this service is provided to you.
An company. Advertise on IMDb. License our content.

I suppose this indicates there are no comments available, but wouldn't it be better to just leave the field blank in this case?

Yes it's supposed to leave the field blank if there aren't any comments so something is not working like it should.
Thank you for reporting the errors and supplying examples with URL's etc. It sure is much easier for me to check what is wrong when I get all that information
I'll try to look into these problems tonight.

Edited by - FreaKBrother on 06 Jan 2005 13:26:28
Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2005 :  22:44:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@clokwise
I've fixed the problem with the "comments" now but other than that the script worked fine for me.

What you can try is this:
1) Download the new script.
2) If you want to change any options then use Notepad (don't use any other program because that might be the problem).
3) Try to run the import of the movies you had problem with.

Does that work

If not then post your settings here and I'll try with the exact same settings as you have.
Include from this line:
#WEBQUERY#=http://akas.imdb.com/find?q=#MOVIE#&type=substring&tv=on&sort=smart;tt=1;mx=50
down to this line:
--MOVIE LIST------------
Go to Top of Page

clokwise
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2005 :  02:31:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi FB

Just tried the new script - didn't make any changes - just ran it as is. Not really good news to report tho. Pardon me if this explanation seems wordy or repetitive, I just want to ensure you understand what I'm experiencing...

In XMM 2.9.3 the script won't work at all. Just loads HTML garbage into a few fields, then hangs until I close XMM. The d/l monitor indicates a bad URL. In XMM 3.0.1 the script will run, but the results are basically the same as I mentioned last time.

Remember I mentioned that I ran the FB script earlier to collect the correct IMDB entry URL for each record in my database. I can confirm that all those entries are 100% correct. I then configured XMM to use the new script, and the same IMDB URL, to collect all the rest of the movie details. All IMDB URLS using "www.imdb.com/Details?" will collect the correct info (almost), while those URLS using "akas.imdb.com/find?" will fail completely apart from getting the correct Movie Name.

In both cases, during web importing I noticed the Site ID was always setting to the same ID -- the same ID as the movie I had last manually edited. Further, whenever the "akas." URL was used, the movie data from THAT previously edited movie was used instead of the correct data. In some cases I also noticed that the "Details?" URL also failed to collect some data and used my last edit movie data instead too.

Another thing I noticed from the d/l monitor is when XMM begins downloading from the "akas.imdb.com/find?" URLs, it starts out ok, but then it uses the ID of my previously edited movie as the basis of the URL for collecting the rest of the details. So perhaps the script isn't getting the correct Site ID?! For example:

http://akas.imdb.com/find?q=A%20Chump%20At%20Oxford&type=substring&tv=on&sort=smart;tt=1;mx=50

doesn't contain any reference to the Site ID, but IMDB does a http redirect which leads you to:

http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0032339/?fr=c2l0ZT1ha2F8bXg9NTB8c2c9MXxsbT0yMDB8dHQ9MXxwbj0wfHE9QSBDaHVtcCBBdCBPeGZvcmR8dHY9b258dHlwZT1zdWJzdHJpbmd8aHRtbD0xfHNvcnQ9c21hcnQ_;fc=1;ft=1

and obviously you can see the ID in the URL there.

So it's hard for me to say whether it's a bug in XMM or in your script which is causing the Site ID to not be recognized which subsequently causes the ID of the previously edited movie to be used.

Go to Top of Page

Ian
Starting Member

Belgium
25 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2005 :  11:02:59  Show Profile  Visit Ian's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
clokwise.. just wondering why you don't update to the latest version of XMM ?
Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2005 :  11:31:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes you should try and upgrade to the latest version and install the runtime files as well.
What's the reason that you have two different versions installed?

I don't think that there's a bug in XMM or the script.
The problem seems to be with the runtime files that XMM uses for the database.

Try this:
1) Go here: http://www.binaryworks.it/extrememoviemanager/download_extreme.php
2) Download the shareware version "eXtreme Movie Manager 3.1 BUILD 1 (FULL)".
3) Install it to the same directory as before and make sure that you install the "runtime files" too.
Since I don't know which version of Windows you are using I recommend that you reboot the computer to make sure that the installation of the runtime files are completed correctly.
4) Then continue and install the "eXtreme Movie Manager 3.1 Build 1 (UPDATE ONLY))" for registered users in the same folder as before.
5) Now try to run XMM and see if it works.

Let me know how it works out

Edited by - FreaKBrother on 07 Jan 2005 11:34:15
Go to Top of Page

clokwise
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2005 :  15:31:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, quite frankly, I'm not a registered user of XMM, and I won't be registering the software unless some critical bugs (not related to the script errors I'm having) are sorted out (I've made comments about these bugs in another thread). I'm a shareware author myself so I certainly do appreciate the tremendous effort that is being put into this software, and I will not hesitate to register.

I tested the scripts with both the 2.9.3. & 3.0.1 versions simply so that I could determine if that made any difference. I am getting the impression you are not able to reproduce my script errors so I will take your suggestion and RE-install 3.0.1 here with the runtimes and see if this makes any difference. I'll report back in a few hours after I get some sleep.
Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2005 :  03:47:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
I tested the scripts with both the 2.9.3. & 3.0.1 versions simply so that I could determine if that made any difference.

Ok I understand, good thinking

quote:
I am getting the impression you are not able to reproduce my script errors

That's right. And I tried running it on different computers (XMM 2.9 on Windows 98, 3.1 on Windows XP) and had no problems.

Good luck

Edited by - FreaKBrother on 08 Jan 2005 03:49:17
Go to Top of Page

clokwise
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2005 :  05:38:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ok, I downloaded & installed the 3.1.1 version (and just now 3.2.1), installed all the runtimes (but did not overwrite the newer versions on my XPSP2 system) and rebooted. Bad news. Script is still not importing correctly when importing from a "akas." URL. In fact I'd say things have taken a turn for the worse, I'm getting complete garbage imported into fields and invalid URLS. No valid data at all.

Nevermind, I just did another experiment. Made a brand new database. Added two movie titles "15 Minutes" & "A Fish Called Wanda". Configured script to not import anything - just get the IMDB URL for the movie. Result is 15M asks me to select which film from the list, AFCW finds it indirectly:

15M - http://www.imdb.com/Details?017962
AFCW - http://akas.imdb.com/find?q=A%20Fish%20Called%20Wanda&type=substring&tv=on&sort=smart;tt=1;mx=50

Now configured script to import everything, and used UPDATE MODE 2. Ran script again. Both movies import however AFCW does not load anything into Starring, Plot, Tagline, Producer, Writer, Photographer, Studio, Distributor, MPAA, Music, Official Web. It does load the correct Site ID though. But wait, the Site ID of 15M is incorrect, it's the same as AFCW, even though 15M was web loaded first! Weirdness.

FB, can I email you my database? You can have a go yourself. Leave your email here or at sfox38 * gmail dotcom, thanks.
Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2005 :  18:40:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
YES, I think I found the problem and after several hours of hair pulling and cursing I think I also solved it
Give me an hour to run some more tests to make sure that it works like it should before I put it up

Thanks clokwise for all your help with solving the bug

EDIT:
Well unfortunately the problem is in the script but at the moment there's no way to fix it without
having all the settings in two different places in the script. Which would also make it a nightmare for everyone
to configure since you might forget to change the settings in both places

But here's two different ways to work around the problem.

1) The easiest way:
When you run the first import deselect everything except the "Tagline" and "Site ID" boxes
on the "Import Configuration" tab. Then later when you want to run the complete import choose
"UPDATE MODE 3" on the "Engine Configuration" tab instead of mode 2.
Now the script will use the "Site ID" instead of the web-link.

2) If you already imported a lot of movies:
Use this way if you already imported a lot of movies and want to be able to use the "UPDATE MODE 2"
that uses web-link to import the information. Edit the script and have duplicate settings for the script
by copying all the settings in the #RIGHTPAGEFOUND# section to the #MOVIETITLE# section.
  • Open the script in Notepad and configure the script settings the way you like to have them.
  • Scroll down and select the text from this line:
    // Set all the variables that the script uses.
    Down to this line:
    #PUT#=0#50#
    And copy the selected text (press CTRL+C).
  • The scroll down to the "MOVIETITLE" section lines and insert a linebreak so it looks like this:
    --ORIGINAL TITLE----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #MOVIETITLE#

#STARTREADWEB#
    Now put the marker (is that the right term??) on the empty line and paste (CTRL+V)
    And it will now look like this:
    --ORIGINAL TITLE----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #MOVIETITLE#
        // Set all the variables that the script uses.
        // variable for comparing, always keep at 0
        #PUT#=0#00#

There's a feature request made for having a special section for the settings and that would solve the problem
but for now I guess the best way is the first one. Import the "Tagline" and "Site ID" in the first import.

Sorry for all your trouble

Edited by - FreaKBrother on 09 Jan 2005 01:52:07
Go to Top of Page

clokwise
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2005 :  06:00:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You the man Brother!! I've applied your 'fix' and now web imports seem to be working perfectly, and not just 3.2.1 but also the old 2.9.3. Thanks so much again for your efforts looking into this, and also for proving that I'm not going nuts.
Go to Top of Page

Robbie Dalley
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2005 :  08:31:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I keep getting the error:

Error on Script Expression:The #FINDLINE# Instruction is not complete !Line:687

Can you help?

robbie
Go to Top of Page

ChAoS Overlord
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2005 :  18:36:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send ChAoS Overlord an ICQ Message  Send ChAoS Overlord a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The import with [IMDB.COM] - (Adjustable_Script-Full_Import_'Default')_FreaKBrother_06_Jan_2005.txt gives problems on account of the notes section.

For Example the notes of "the big lebowski" gives me lines like:

THE BIG LEBOWSKI / (1998) *** (out of four)By Blake French:The Coen Brothers are an artistic breed of their own. They add a twisted touch of humor to every project. They create imaginative characters, memorable stories, and ingenious dialogue. They have explored the lives of poets, hillbillies, cops, mobsters, adulterers, killers, and now a loser. That's right, #34;The Big Lebowski#34; explores the life of a big-time loser.

And so on, in particular it's the #34;The Big Lebowski#34 that I don't like.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.26 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07