Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2011 :  12:29:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Okay.
Did you have seen the last post by me? It was about a few seconds before your post...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 27 Apr 2011 12:30:23
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2011 :  13:52:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes i have seen it. I have another idea... Lets see if it works.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2011 :  14:13:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
k

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2011 :  17:54:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No, doesn't work anyway
But I have found out something: On some movies the rating fill disappears on some not.
Short: after several tests I found out that it depends on the pics.
These are the 2 pics: 376-After-The-Sunset.jpg = okay and 405-African-Queen.jpg = defective
-

I don't know why, but that's the problem!

*EDIT*
Maybe you need it anyway:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; Embedded Web Browser from: http://bsalsa.com/; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 27 Apr 2011 18:03:42
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2011 :  19:27:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
And what has the Ratingsbars with the pics to do? Nothing...

Obviously a strange Bug in IE8... Since the forced redraw didn't work, there is properly nothing that can be done.

The only thing i could do since from the useragent the IE8 is clearly identifiable: to deactivate the gradient ratingsbar and replace him with a simple color ratingsbar if IE8 is used.

Anyways:

Here is a Update with the new localize_helper.html in the MovieCards\movie_bigcover\local Folder, to help with the Localization. Only usable with the IE!

http://www.mediafire.com/?divqizakk2zsijh
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2011 :  19:37:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, really strange. I have tried to modify the pic but no change, too.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2011 :  19:56:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
About the localize_helper.html...
Sorry, but that seem as wanted but not done.
Here are the reasons:
1. Should be called by the card settings itself (or have I didn't seen the call)
2. The dropdown list should be alphabetical
3. Where is the real help on the codes? The strings should automatically be converted
( 4. Why only useable with the IE? )

I know that you can do this much better!!!

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2011 :  19:57:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Maybe I really should change it to a single color bar for IE8, since People could complain. Better it uglier as sometimes not working. I hope that at least a single color background works in IE8.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2011 :  20:03:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Maybe the version I have started to test will manage it correctly???
http://www.mediafire.com/?hvi0ziviwpfac35. Otherwise I agree to prefer the "uglier" version as you said.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2011 :  20:03:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

About the localize_helper.html...
Here are the reasons:
1. Should be called by the card settings itself (or have I didn't seen the call)

No. no extra code in that file. (speed!!!) People that translate and don't even open a extra file won't help anyways probably. No normal User needs that.

quote:
2. The dropdown list should be alphabetical

You can sort the array if you like. I just copied and paste your list... I had other things to worry about.

quote:
3. Where is the real help on the codes? The strings should automatically be converted

All Chars over 127 will be automatically converted when saving to the file.

quote:
( 4. Why only useable with the IE? )

Read/Write to local file only available via ActiveX Component = Internet Explorer.

Edited by - Prinz on 27 Apr 2011 20:05:31
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2011 :  20:41:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
localize_helper.html sorted alphabetically.

- Test with single color ratingsbar for IE8

If this still vanishes... try: format c:

http://www.mediafire.com/?op6duexbqwt0vqx
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2011 :  20:46:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
1. okay. that's an argument
2. well, then I will sort it for you
3. conversion should be visible befor saving or a hint should show the facz of automatic conversion (sorry, but in that case I'm a little pedantic). And didn't I understand you wrong that a space has to be converted, too? Because of that's missing after save and reload I thought there was no conversion implemented!
4. I have thought so, but was not quite sure. Therefor it was bracketed.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2011 :  20:49:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
*lol* and again to much time for writing...
No suggestion to update to win7? *ggg*

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2011 :  20:52:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

3. conversion should be visible befor saving or a hint should show the facz of automatic conversion (sorry, but in that case I'm a little pedantic). And didn't I understand you wrong that a space has to be converted, too? Because of that's missing after save and reload I thought there was no conversion implemented!

Spaces don't need to be converted. Yes the automatic conversion should be added to the top as a additional Info in the Info-Line.

Edited by - Prinz on 27 Apr 2011 20:53:23
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2011 :  21:03:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, then all is solved as it should be

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2011 :  21:20:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Is it possible to change the single backcolor depending on the value? 0.0-3.49 red, 3.5-6.49 yellow and 6.5-10.0 green?

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2011 :  21:23:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
- Added Info about conversion of Special Chars
- Copied de.txt to de-at.txt and de-ch.txt

http://www.mediafire.com/?l44gk7lbkjw55xi
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2011 :  21:25:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

Is it possible to change the single backcolor depending on the value? 0.0-3.49 red, 3.5-6.49 yellow and 6.5-10.0 green?

If it works, I will change it so that it will show the defined Start-Color for up to half and over half the End-Color in Page Preferences. Since it's only a workaround for buggy IE8.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2011 :  21:31:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Single color works definitively! Or did you mean the different colors?

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2011 :  22:10:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't know if it is an old bug, but I just firstly have recognized that the genre pics are shown in reversed order to the text.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07