Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Sony
Starting Member

Germany
18 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2010 :  17:43:54  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Is there a chance for an android-version of xmm?

Für das große Chaos haben wir Computer, die restlichen Fehler machen wir von Hand.

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2010 :  01:36:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I dont' know how to develop an application for android, is there anyone can make a similar thing?

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Sony
Starting Member

Germany
18 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2010 :  11:44:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I dont't know how to develop applications for android, too. But it would be nice, if someone could develop. If one is searching for a movie in a huge collection it would be much better just to search in a handy-database (a handy is allways running) than to boot a pc or laptop just for only one movie. And I think, it would be an overvalue and an additional argument for buying xmm.

During the last days I searched and tested different android database -programs but there wasn't one useful for managing movies, not either "my movies" for android.

With a growing smartphone-market, I think, there will be an increasing demand for managing movie-collections (or similar collections) on a smartphone.

Für das große Chaos haben wir Computer, die restlichen Fehler machen wir von Hand.

Edited by - Sony on 18 Jul 2010 12:49:22
Go to Top of Page

allen
Starting Member

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2010 :  15:16:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Is the idea to be able to use the proposed smartphone app to search for, download and then watch a movie on the smartphone - perhaps over the 3G/4G network in addition to WiFi? Or just a copy of a movie database?
Go to Top of Page

Sony
Starting Member

Germany
18 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2010 :  22:44:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@ allen

the idea is, to manage movie or similar collections on an android smartphone. The idea is, to be able to export the xmm-database (from pc) and to be able to search for movies (find it in more or less huge collection) on a smartphone.

From my point of view it is important to be able to use the xmm-columns one uses in xmm on a smartphone, too.
If I am right, in "my movies" you only can use a small range of columns and two columns (don't know which at the moment) are given. But if you use another order or other columns in xmm on pc your only chance is to convert. So it's not useful.

It would be nice if there could be a xmm shelves view in an android app .

Go to Top of Page

Sony
Starting Member

Germany
18 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2010 :  20:35:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
and up...

just saw that collectorz did it (CLZ Movies for Android €7.95). Are there plans for xmm, too?

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2010 :  20:40:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, the same team that has developed "Movies" for iPhone are working on the Android release too. I don't know exactly when will be ready, I know that was supposed at end of september but are a bit in late.

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

Sony
Starting Member

Germany
18 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2010 :  19:12:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Great News!!

Go to Top of Page

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2010 :  04:39:19  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I do not know if this will help but I have modified one of the NMT Plugin templates to create the HTML that works on the Android. My version allows you to see the movie Icon index pages, which link to movie detail pages. No Actor or other data is there (uses too much space). My version also allows me to play the movies I have on my 16 GB MicroSD card in my Android phone from the modified NMT Plugin Template. Unfortunately the movie information is for every movie in the XMM database and not just those I have on my Android MicroSD Memory card. For some people that might be bad while other people might think is good.

If any one is interested I will post what I have. Just remember that it's a "Work in Progress".

Norm
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2010 :  06:07:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Please post it, if you want I can also add it directly to XMM...

Thank you!

Ale

Go to Top of Page

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2010 :  02:46:26  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I will post a link to it for your use. Please allow me a day or two to complete the documentation on it.

Thanks,
Norm
Go to Top of Page

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2010 :  05:39:44  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The ANDROID tempate is HERE!!!

I have completed the documentation and cleaned up the coding. Its now ready for use. To access the Template files, you need to access my FTP server at

Site: ftp.hickel.org
User: eXtreme
Pass: Not4here

You will find two Zip files there. One called Cell_Phone-Small and the other Cell_phone-Large. The only difference between them is that the Small one has a fixed width of 480 (the width on my Android) and the Large is an ajustable width version (only use this one if your browser can support expanding the page).

I've also included documentation in each file that (are the same) explain the verious aspects of the Template and configuration.

I hope everyone enjoys it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

A request to Alessio: It would be nice if the Database contained platform specific check boxes that the NMT Plugin could use to know what Movies are actually being placed on that platform. For example, having a “Android” checkbox for every movie in the database could be used to indicate that the user is going to be putting the NMT HTML and that movie on an Android. This would also entail a modification to the NMT plugin to support ‘non MNT’ destinations. Other check boxes might include PDA, PC, Laptop, iPad & iTouch to start with.
Go to Top of Page

Sony
Starting Member

Germany
18 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2010 :  17:28:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@nehickel

there is no connection to your server:

220 BizLand FTP Server Ready
Befehl: USER eXtreme
Antwort: 331 Password required for eXtreme
Befehl: PASS *********
Antwort: 530 Login incorrect.

I used your posted user and pass (copy and paste and typing, too)

Go to Top of Page

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2010 :  05:37:25  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry, the password should have been

Not4here.

Yes, there is a period at the end.

Norm
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2010 :  05:19:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you!

I will put the files in the next release!

Ale

Go to Top of Page

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2010 :  03:22:30  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have updated the Android and PocketPC NMT Templates. The updated versions have Actor data available as well as several other performance enhancements. The new versions can be reached by going to

Site: ftp.hickel.org
User: eXtreme
Pass: Not4here.

Yes, there is a period at the end of the password. These new templates should be added while the old ones (under a different name) should be deleted.

I have uncovered a small issue with the NMT Plugin that only effects the PocketPC Version. With the PocketPC Browser, Actor names generated by the tag _MOVIE_ACTORS_ only displays names if their is a file/hyperlink for that Actor's Movies. I have found that if the Actor's Names is enclosed in <a> ... </a> then the names will be displayed proberly.

Thanks,
Norm
Go to Top of Page

theomeier
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2011 :  11:54:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Tx a lot for Android data base production tool.

This is what I was sucessfully instructed to do:
I managed to produce my data base just by copying the templates into the folder PlugIns\MyLittleNMTExport\themes\ as requested.
Upon launch of the PlugIn "My Little NMT Export Tool" through the PlugIns menu I could run the menu without any changes in the settings and got my data base all right.
Since I was not interested in any additional actor information this completed my actions and I could copy and use the HTML tables on my Android my just setting a book link to file:///sdcard/...my file path/Movies.htm

Now my question:
Can I simply introduce new variables in the MovieDetails.htm-Template ?
If for example I wanted to add catalog numbers could I just enter _MOVIE_CATALOGNO_ ?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2011 :  16:10:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Guys!!

Some good news:

https://twitter.com/#!/netwalkapps/status/68549328658112512

Stay tuned!

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Sony
Starting Member

Germany
18 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2011 :  23:30:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just bought "movies" (V1.01) for android for 1,99€ +vat from netwalkapps (cheap price).
Can not manage to import my emm movie database to my htc desire.
Did an "Export to Iphone" in emm which worked fine (seems so). Renamed the zip-file to "movies.zip" and copied it to the root of my desire sd card. But when I choose "import" in movies the program asks for the movies.zip file, (to which I point to with astro file manager) than counts for an few seconds and ends with the message: 0 of 0 files imported.
Inside of the movies.zip file there is an xml-file and there are covers, so the movies.zip file seems to be ok.

Tried a few other ways to import (as described on the netwalkapps hompage by using their convert tool: csv, txt, xml), nothing worked.
There is no help and no faq for android (don't know which fields to export for import and so on), so at the moment it's only try and error and not useful, imho.

Emm is a very good movie database but i don't want to start my computer every time I search for a movie. So I need a working app. Seems that the only working app at the moment is collectorz...

Edited by - Sony on 15 May 2011 23:32:35
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2011 :  05:57:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Sony,

I will write directly to Netwalk to ask why doesn't work. If is not so big can you send to me your movie.zip file? I will send to Netwalk to bettere understand why do not work.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Sony
Starting Member

Germany
18 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2011 :  17:43:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Alessio,

thanks for your reply. My movies.zip-file is about 11 MB.

First, I thought, I can simply use:

emm --> plugins/third party applications -->iPhone/iPod/iPad Import/Export --> Export to iPhone

There I don't know, what to choose: Location?, Media Label?, Catalog No?
But nothing worked for me for import.

After pressing export to iPhone emm exports a file called "export.zip". Inside are lots of jpegs and an export.xml-file which contains movie information. And there is another export.xml in the same folder as the export.zip which seems to be identical to the one in the export.zip (don't know why).

In the next step I renamed export.zip to movies.zip and put it to the root of my sd-card.
Then I started movies on my htc desire:

movies --> menue --> import --> (message: select a movies ZIP archive to import) --> astro file manager ( or oi Dateimanager) --> choose: movies.zip (long press because short will open the zip) --> message : preparing to import movies --> message 0% (but no count to 100%) --> message: NaN 0/0 (don't know, what it means) --> message: successfully imported 0 of 0 movies from... (path to sd-card)

Thats it.
I tried different ways to create the movies.zip file, even by using the online convert-tool (which builds corrupt files for me when converting txt or csv files!!)

I thought, the emm-iPhone...export-script chooses the right columns from the main grid to build a file I can import in movies.
Maybe I should mention, that I use "Catalog No" as a text-field to differentiate between several dvd-boxes (each contains 250 DVDs). I use a "custom"-column to count dvds, (old) svcds and so on. everything else is quite normal. The main grid shows:

Catalog No: to group the dvd-boxes 1 to 6
Custom 1: to count dvds etc., e.g. 0007, 0008, 0010 (because 0008 are 2 svds)...
MovieID: counts 1,2,3, and so on
Movie/TVShow:
Title:
Media:
Disks:

Hope this helps...

Sony

Edited by - Sony on 17 May 2011 21:14:01
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.26 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07