Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Sony
Starting Member

Germany
18 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2011 :  21:02:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
just tried another way to import my database:

build a txt-file that contains only movie titles! Converted the txt-file here:

http://www.netwalkapps.com/python/convert2movies.html

got a file "export.zip" and renamed it to "movies.zip". The txt-file contains an xml-file and lots of jpegs. Opened the xml-file to have a look, what it contains. The content looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
-<XMM_Movie_Database>-<Movie><MovieID>1</MovieID><Title>(T)Raumschiff Surprise - Periode 1</Title><Year>2004</Year><Length>87</Length><Year>German</Year><Genre>Comedy,Sci-Fi</Genre><Plot>Hundreds of years after humans have settled on Mars, Regulator Rogul and Lord Jens Maul, lead a force...</Plot><Cover>i_0349047.jpg</Cover><Country>Germany</Country><MPAA>PG</MPAA><Rating>5.1</Rating><URL>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0349047</URL><Director>Michael Herbig</Director>-<Actors><Actor>Michael Herbig,Rick Kavanian,Christian Tramitz,Anja Kling,Til Schweiger,Sky Dumont,Hans-Michael Rehberg,Hans Peter Hallwachs,Reiner Sch#xF6;ne,Christoph Maria Herbst,Sigi Terpoorten,Tim Wilde,Herman Van Ulzen,Gerd Rigauer,Heidrun Bartholom#xE4;us,Sirone Jones,Anton Figl,Maverick Queck,Stacia Widmer,Edeltraud Schubert,Albee Lesotho,Olaf Danner,Andreas Seifert,Waldemar Kobus,Diana Herold,Hans-J#xFC;rgen Silbermann,Thorsten Wolf,Marc Bischoff,Errol Trotman-Harewood,Brigitte Beyeler,Klaus-Peter Grap,Conrad F. Geier,Eric Gladhart,Tom O'Malley,Michael Rossi#xE9;,Jumbo Schreiner,Stephen Sikder</Actor></Actors>

put the "movies.zip"-file to the root of my sd-card, started movies and pressed the "import"-button. Got the message: preparing to import movies, 0% 0/0 0/100, then: NaN 0/0 and nothing was imported.

My converted txt-file is about 25 MB! Yesterday the with emm iPhone-export converted file was about 11 MB! The yesterday online converted csv and xml-files were about 11 MB, too. Seems that there is an entry in my database that cannot be converted and that stops converting.

But there is still no way to import movie-data from my emm-database to movies on my htc desire The only way to get the movie-entries on my phone is to type manually.

Without a working import function this app is useless!

Sony

Für das große Chaos haben wir Computer, die restlichen Fehler machen wir von Hand.

Edited by - Sony on 17 May 2011 21:12:09
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2011 :  08:53:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Can you please send to me your exported zip file? I will send it back to Netwalk...

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Sony
Starting Member

Germany
18 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2011 :  20:12:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Which file?
The 11 MB-file I get from the iPhone-export script?

or
the 25 MB-file I get from netwalkapps convert-tool, when I convert a txt-file only with titles in it?
In the last case, is it possible to send my exported txt-file (~ 1,5 MB) so that netwalk can use their own convert-tool?

Sony

Für das große Chaos haben wir Computer, die restlichen Fehler machen wir von Hand.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2011 :  20:37:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, please send to be both, I will send to Netwalk...

Go to Top of Page

Sony
Starting Member

Germany
18 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2011 :  19:55:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,

send two example-files to alessioviti@binaryworks.it.

Sony

Go to Top of Page

Sony
Starting Member

Germany
18 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2011 :  20:09:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Am I the only one, "fighting" with this little app? Is there anybody else who already imported an emm-database successfully to movies on android?

Sony

Go to Top of Page

Sony
Starting Member

Germany
18 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2011 :  22:01:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Alessio,

just got your mails and tried to import. It works perfect. All movies I exported from emm using the iPhone-export were imported! Great! Now it's a "must have app"! Thank you and thanks to netwalk for solving the problem in only a few days.

After I've waited a long time for an app like this (an nothing happened) I was about to buy collectorz (only to have an app) but I like emm much more. So I decided to wait.............and in the end, all is well.

I still have a few ideas for improvements and a few questions....the next days :-)

Sony

Edited by - Sony on 23 May 2011 22:02:51
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2011 :  05:08:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Great!

Thank you for your patience, and thank to netwalk that fix the problem so quickly.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Sony
Starting Member

Germany
18 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2011 :  19:34:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,

just made a little bit of "promotion" for the combination "xmm and movies" in the netwalk forum and on android market (as a rating for movies, hope it is good for xmm, too).

Sony

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2011 :  20:14:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Really thank you very much!!

Now that I know that works I will write an email to all users about that.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Sony
Starting Member

Germany
18 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2011 :  18:18:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,

would it be possible to add a custom field to the iPhone export for android (e.g. custom field 1)? So there would be one field, one can use for own information.

For example:
I use the Catalog No. to differentiate between several dvd-boxes. But there I need one field to know where the dvd is in the box (but there could be one movie on more than one dvd, so the id field isn't useful).

On my phone ("movies"-app) I want to know, for every movie in which box (Catalog No.) and which movie number (custom field 1) it is:

CatalogNo. , custom field 1 , movieID

box 1, movie 1, id 1;
box 1, movie 2 (2 dvds) id 2 and 3;
box 1, movie 3, id 4

I use the movie id only to count the movies but it's not to indicate at which place it is in box 1 or 2 or ......therefor I use a custom field (custom field 1).

In movies-app there is only the "location"-field and xmm iPhone export puts the CatalogNo to the location field (so I only know, movie xy is in box 1 or 2 or... but not where in the box).

Sony

Go to Top of Page

erwinruff
Starting Member

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2011 :  15:41:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There is no trial version of movies in the market...
So there is no way to test this app before buying.
i just want to test. maybe Alessio you may ask the owner of this app to make a trail version.
There are only a full of downloads ( https://market.android.com/details?id=be.netwalk.movies&referrer=utm_source%3Dtwitter%26utm_medium%3Dtwitter%26utm_term%3Ddayone%26utm_campaign%3Dlaunch )
maybe thats why only a few wants this app.

Just a suggestion.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2011 :  19:53:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just loasd the normal version from here: http://www.binaryworks.it/extrememoviemanager/download.aspx
Until the copy isn't registered you only have the disadvantage of importing only up to 50 (?) movies.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

erwinruff
Starting Member

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2011 :  22:34:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
sorry JDommi

i meant "There is no trial version of movies for Android on the Android market..."

xmm is a great tool, and there is also a demo version. i testet it before i bought it. but there is no way for this handy app?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2011 :  22:45:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oops! Sorry!
That I don't know.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Pewee
Starting Member

Germany
42 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2011 :  18:52:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi follks,
nice to see that there is a movement in getting XMM to android phone/tablets.
At least I was able to import all my Movies (717) to my android tablet via the movies.zip-file.
I could see from the beginning the title, year. directors and actor names, media and plot.
I am not able to see country and genres.
I only cann see some of may pictures (maybe restriction of picture size ?)
I judge it as a beginning and hope the app will be continously updtaed and developed to acchieve one of the best data base for android system as XMM is aleady for PCs.
Thanks to all who enabled this nice feature.
Pewee

Go to Top of Page

Sony
Starting Member

Germany
18 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2011 :  15:01:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@ Alessio

Hi Alessio,

is it possible to add at least the first custom-field to the xmm to android (iphone) export-script? So one would have more flexibility to export "custom-data".

thx

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2011 :  20:44:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello and sorry for my delay.

What Custom field do you prefer? and wher should I put it?

Thank you,

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Sony
Starting Member

Germany
18 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2011 :  22:39:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
First custom field would be great. It's all the same where you put it ( I think we talk about the position in movies, do we?). I think it would be good to have at least one field in xmm and(!) movies (for android) that contains user-defined information.

Sony

Go to Top of Page

Andre
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2011 :  22:32:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It's great to see that other user also like to import a custom field to Movies for
Android.

Have you news about that?

Edited by - Andre on 03 Aug 2011 23:09:11
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.23 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07