IMDB script does not work correctly
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mnazmi

85 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2021 :  16:08:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you. There is no problem with this file. Getting Airdate information now. Before I used the file in the link given on August 9th. (https://www.mediafire.com/file/z5qpe00kjp6ee2k/15S_IMDB.COM_%2528TVSeries%2529_For_Rel.8.txt/file)
Go to Top of Page

mnazmi

85 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2021 :  19:15:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Today I downloaded the information for a new Tv show with "IMDB.COM (TVSeries) For Rel.8". The "Air Date" information appeared as 190000101 again
I downloaded the latest version IMDB.COM (TVSeries) For Rel.8 and tried again. The result did not change. The "Air Date" information was still showing as incorrect.
I finally understood why. If I scan my hard drive and load the Tv show's episodes first, the XMM incorrectly shows the "Air Date" as 190000101 (actually it should be left blank).
And if "Add Values if the Field is Blank" is checked in Options / MagicScrpt, "Air Date" cannot be changed when you download the information from the Internet.
Since I usually manually enter the descriptions in my own language in the Details. When I download the movie/Tv show information
I leave "Add Values if the Field is Blank " selected so that the information I enter manually does not change.Thus, the descriptions in the Details remain in my own language.
But I will no longer leave "Add Values if the Field is Blank" selected so that the "Air Date" information of the Tv show's episodes is recorded correctly.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2021 :  21:21:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good to know!
But where is that option? I have searched for it but haven't found "Add Values if the Field is Blank"...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

mnazmi

85 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2021 :  17:21:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I may not have been able to explain properly because my English is not sufficient. And I misspelled "Add Values if the Field is Blank" and should have been "Add Values only if the Field is Blank".
You can go Files/Options and select the MagicScript section. You see one of the options there is "Add Values only if the Field is Blank"
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2021 :  21:15:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ah, okay. That option I know. Haven't realized that you were speaking about that. Especially as I have set XMM to german language and haven't changed the settings for years.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alferio
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2021 :  15:49:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi. Does it happen to you too that direct links don't work? Previously if I had to update a movie with a direct link the script would find the movie directly. In the options I set the right choice to import the film directly.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2021 :  20:14:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, I have to admit that I have forgotten to fix the direct link block.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2021 :  11:43:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Direct Link fixed!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/m2t5q4s6xi40v8w/IMDB.COM+(Complete).txt/file

Additionally: Changed COUNTRY from "United States" to "USA" - Otherwise the flag wasn't shown.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2021 :  19:16:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Another change: now it is checked if the IMDB link is given (taken by #TAKEIMDBLINK# OR by #TAKECUSTOM8#)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/m2t5q4s6xi40v8w/IMDB.COM+(Complete).txt/file

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

csmith
Starting Member

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2021 :  06:34:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have been re-entering my collection after a disk failure. I use the IMDB.COM Complete and IMDB.COM(TVseries)for Rel.8 scripts. After entering 260+ movies and TV shows successfully, I now cannot get a script to complete. After selecting a directlink I get "script engine busy" with the flashing arrow in the main toolbar and after a short while it aborts without adding any data. I updated the IMDB.COM Complete script to the 23 Aug version, but no change. Can you suggest how I can get past this issue and get on with importing the data for my remaining movies?
Go to Top of Page

Ballantain

60 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2021 :  04:16:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
the IMDB.COM Complete not work, not even the August 23 version.. update it please...

Edited by - Ballantain on 25 Sep 2021 04:17:32
Go to Top of Page

Alferio
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2021 :  07:23:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Same problem
Go to Top of Page

gsimjansen
Starting Member

Netherlands
5 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2021 :  18:43:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Me too
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2021 :  12:18:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
For me, too
The TVShow script still works correctly.
I just had a short look at the script but I can't find any error. It seems as if the script just finishes after the #DIRECTLINKBLOCK#.
Also strange is that the Script Debugger still gets all the info.
Maybe anyone else is able to find the problem...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

davep
Starting Member

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2021 :  22:27:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It is saving a correct Web-Link, but no anything further that I can see.

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2021 :  10:19:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, that's my problem! The script gets the correct link but without any reason it stops working immediatly and I haven't any clue why that happens. The script worked and I can't find a change in the imdb site itself.
I'm confused, either.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Hivlaher
Starting Member

Greece
9 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2021 :  17:55:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I have the same issue. If you run the script with the script editor it gets all the fields correctly, which probably means it's not an IMDB change...
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2021 :  18:18:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have asked Ale if he can find the problem. Especially as the same script was working a few days ago.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

davep
Starting Member

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2021 :  22:46:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It actually worked for me that morning, then died sometime between 730am PST and 1pm pst when I went to do some more importing.

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2021 :  11:36:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good news, Ale has found the problem!
He already has put the update online, too.

I think I have found the problem... You have to modify the line 1061:
        #WRITETITLELIST#=https://www.imdb.com//#06#/ ---> #07#  §#08#
You need to put the "/" characters at end of #06#, and remove some spaces.
I don't know why, but IMDB now give a "redirect error" if its not write correctly.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.26 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07