Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 TreeView
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Chibuz

51 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2018 :  06:24:27  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I'd like to have in the TreeView an item to show my collection of Blu-ray and DVD. They should not be included also in the Movies section

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2018 :  10:40:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think there is already a section for the Media. At least for me...
If there isn't that category in your TreeView then do a rightclick in the TreeView and select Options.
Now you can add 6 userdefined categories. Click on the "Finger" button beneath a field and chose the desired field to add. In your case Media.
Important: on new/changed entries you have to manually refresh or restart XMM to take affect. That's a minor bug I just have informed Ale about.
Otherwise you can use a filter in the MainView to perform such a view. Keep in mind that the filters are always process on the actually viewed entries.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Chibuz

51 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2018 :  16:43:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks,
I knew Media section
I'd like to show my discs only in Media menu and not in Movies menu. Is it possible?
Go to Top of Page

Chibuz

51 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2018 :  22:04:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I created a filter to hide my discs, so now I'd like to apply it automatically when I click on Movies menu. Is it possible associating a default filter to Movies menu?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2018 :  22:24:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Automatically? I don't think so. You can save the filter and then you have to assign it always manually.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Chibuz

51 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2018 :  12:39:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
My goal is to show Blu-ray and DVD discs in a section different than Movies. At the moment it seems that this is not possible, so please consider my feature request
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2018 :  12:54:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Somehow I don't really understand your intention. Isn't that all possible by using a filter?
Anyway Ale is the only one who can make such a function.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Chibuz

51 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2018 :  13:59:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, but It's very annoying for me to have to apply the filter every time I select the Movies menu
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2018 :  17:50:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Only a thought: Do you already have tried the saved filter when the layout is not freezed? Or don't you have set that option?
Otherwise I only can advice to write an email to Ale. I personally can't help on that. And I don't think that Ale often reads the forum...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Chibuz

51 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2018 :  18:01:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, I saved the filter.
Anyway, thanks for your support.

Edited by - Chibuz on 02 Mar 2018 18:18:02
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2018 :  22:01:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Do you have not freezed your layout? Maybe that would to the trick...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Chibuz

51 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2018 :  03:20:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Freezing the layout doesn't seem to have an effect on filters

- I'm really confused about the way XMM manages the filters: sometimes it remembers the filter applied until the next restarts of the program, sometimes it doesn't.
At the moment I created a filter that is applied even when the program restart and I'm very happy. Unfortunately, the filter involves even the Media menu, so to show my discs I have to deactivate the filter. If this issue can be solved I would achieve my goal.
my filter is

- In my tests I made an error: I deleted the filter that hides Boxsets. Please, help me to restore it.

Edited by - Chibuz on 03 Mar 2018 03:29:50
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2018 :  09:44:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Boxsets:
[Entry Type] <> 3

The Filter method is intended by Ale to affect only the already shown entries.
I will ask him if he could add a filter command "Reset Filter".

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Chibuz

51 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2018 :  13:39:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Where are stored filters? Is possible to do a complete reset of them?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2018 :  17:19:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
C:\Users\[PROFILE]\Documents\eXtreme Movie Manager 8\Configuration\MovieFilters.txt

But there are also a few hardcoded filters I think.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Chibuz

51 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2018 :  18:20:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I mean the filters at the bottom of the Grid view
https://imgur.com/XjR7fko

Edited by - Chibuz on 03 Mar 2018 18:20:39
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2018 :  20:04:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good question. I really don't know.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.21 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07