Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Books Manager
 Bugs Report
 Windows 10
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

gcasadei
Starting Member

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2015 :  17:00:04  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
It's impossible use Extreme Books Manager with Windows 10. Every time i launch it there's always the error message "Extreme Books Manager has stopped working!. How can i solve it?

Happy new year!

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2015 :  17:56:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Try to start it in compatibility mode if Win 10 still has such a function.
<- Still on Win 7...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

gcasadei
Starting Member

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2016 :  12:30:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I tried in compatibility mode (Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP SP 2) but Extreme Books Manager doesn't work anymore after last Windows 10 updates. There's always the same message "Extreme Books Manager has stopped working" at startup. It's impossible to use it. How can i solve this problem?

Happy new year!
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2016 :  13:31:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
After the last Win10 update...
This topic helped my wife using IncrediMail after the last Win10 update: (http://forums.incredimail.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&p=174702)

quote:
Go to
Settings
Update and Security
Windows Update - click Advanced Options - click view update your update history -
click uninstall updates
scroll down to last topic "Microsoft Windows"
there's an entry from the 29th with this number KB3132372 which is a flash update and that is the bugger crashing IM - once highlighted right-click and uninstall
restart
Win10 works fine and so does now IM - eeha!
(since Win10 still updates automatically it's probably a temporary solution but it gives IM time to find a solution there - if they ever will)

Additionally you should make this update invisible as it would be reinstalled.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

gcasadei
Starting Member

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2016 :  17:47:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I followed your advice (by uninstalling KB3132372) and now Extreme Books Manager works fine. Do you think you'll make a new Extreme Books Manager to get Windows 10 Updates?

Many thanks and happy new year!
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2016 :  17:53:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think Microsoft and Adobe are already working on that problem.

And happy new year to you, too!

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07