Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 sequels
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

macjoga
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2015 :  17:01:11  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Is there any way with extreme movie to group or associate different movies together. so you cab bring up all the movies you have that are sequels,prequels,or remakes. example if I wanted to see what planet of the apes movies I have. a simple search doesn't always work (sometimes sequels or movies that are related don't have the same name in title.
Thanks

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2015 :  17:08:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That's not possible on the direct way.
But you can use a CustomField to store if it is a sequel, etc. A few scripts already do get the info of Movie Chains but I think the info is stored among with other info.
Another way would be to use BoxSets...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

macjoga
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2015 :  17:42:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I thought about box sets but couldn't figure out or find any info on how to set them up. I did figure one way using catlogno field it actually works but not as easy as I would like. thanks for the suggestion, where would I find info on boxsets
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2015 :  00:58:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Unfortunately there is no further info on the wiki.
But in general you can add multiple movies to a boxset. I can't say really more to it as I never have used them.
For me I only have added the "pure info" which movies belong to the selected one - no matter if as prequel, sequel or whatever...
One single command would fulfill everything we need: GETDATA "tablename", "fieldname". With that every user would be able to add all the info he really wants to use. And with the additional parameter "databasename" all XMM-progs would be compatible.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.18 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07