Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 HTML Cards
 Greek characters not supported?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

hehe
Starting Member

Greece
27 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2012 :  22:55:52  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

I have version 7.2.3.6 and i see that the html card movie big cover limited cannot -in some cases only- display greek characters in the original title field. Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks in advance
Antony

Edited by - hehe on 27 Nov 2012 22:59:27

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2012 :  00:02:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, what do you mean with "in some cases"? Are that special fields or only in the original title? What script do you use?
Do other fields show these chars or are these only a few chars?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

hehe
Starting Member

Greece
27 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2012 :  06:16:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, most movies with greek "original title" are displayed correctly in the html card. I use the "movie big cover limited" card for that. Problem is that in a few only cases, the "original title" displays the greek name with chinese characters, as if it cannot recognize the coding. The names that are displayed so have no special characters whatsoever.
The problem does not appear when i use Mumra default html card though.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2012 :  09:42:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Would you please make 2 screenshots, one of the Mumra and one of the MovieBigCover to see the differences?
I think it will be easier to identify...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

hehe
Starting Member

Greece
27 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2012 :  10:31:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
http://www.imagebam.com/image/d684d3222914671
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2012 :  11:38:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry, but I don't find the reason. Maybe it's the jquery (1.72) used in the card.
Please check if there is existing a greek version for it.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2012 :  12:35:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The old problem: XMM doesn't support Unicode...

So on html cards IE codepage auto detection is used, that can work sometimes and sometimes it doesn't work depending on the "webpage". Different cards are also different webpages because the layout and content isn't the same.

Nothing that anybody can do about it, only Ale can add Unicode support in XMM.
Go to Top of Page

hehe
Starting Member

Greece
27 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2012 :  19:54:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I see, still thank you all for your responses..
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2012 :  07:22:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry guys, the problem is that XMM SHOULD support unicode, I cannot find a reason why doesn't work...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

hehe
Starting Member

Greece
27 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2012 :  09:13:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I found a solution!

First of all, i enabled the show native html context menu in the html card tab. Only then was i able to see that the problem has to do with the encoding of the webpage of the movie and not XMM! The webpage encoding was set to auto and from there to western europe. When i changed it to manual and selected greek the problem was solved.
But the same problem (auto-encoding, western) does not happen with most of the other movies' webpages. Why is that i wonder..

http://www.imagebam.com/image/01513f223441928

Edited by - hehe on 01 Dec 2012 09:13:45
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2012 :  09:51:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Unless there is no command in the card to set the char-set to a special coding the settings of your browser are used.
Maybe XMM should add a variable to the cards that sets the coding depending on the used script or depending on the interface language of XMM. But if that will work... I don't know.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

hehe
Starting Member

Greece
27 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2012 :  09:53:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio what is your opinion? Would it be possible to implement that setting in XMM?
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2012 :  13:41:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That is exactly what I sad, the auto detection of the IE (XMM uses IE as Renderer) is not reliable, because is guessing the correct codepage. Of Course you can select the correct codepage in the native menu manually.

As long as XMM doesn't support Unicode nothing can be done.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2012 :  17:23:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What about passing as example
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">

to the <head>-section of the card? Replacing with _XMM_LANGUAGE_ as set in the program itself?

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2012 :  17:42:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Cards can have mixed languages, so to specify just 1 Language will always course problems.

And why make things more complicated in XMM, instead of fixing the problem itself? (missing Unicode Support)
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2012 :  07:46:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

We need to ask to Prinz... its the expert in this kind of problems

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.18 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07