Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 HTML Cards
 Mediainfo reply
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

tonycole

87 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  23:53:49  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Yes i noticed it on your card, but couldn't work out why only part
of it worked until now.

As long as the named images match the file codec details then a lot of it gets put on the card. The problematic bit seems to be resolution which you have to put in your own info. And users might need to tweak some of the names or have pictures to cover possible name.

Maybe something like the awards list or genre list might work.
I'll take a look at the code over weekend.

Looks like you got your pictures the same place i did.

Out of interest where is the info for the list that appears on media field just i think it needs updating. A lot of my files now are H264 MKV,MP4 and Bluray might worth adding.

T.

"My god it's full of stars."

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2012 :  10:57:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tonycole

Yes i noticed it on your card, but couldn't work out why only part
of it worked until now.

I simply forgot to remove some variables on the html card after I decided not to add the mediainfo. I will remove the variables because there is a better way to get the info and the mediainfo that XMM provides is still incomplete.

Now to the missing/incomplete media info:

biggest Problem Audio:

1. only the channel number is read by XMM, not distinguishing between Normal and LFE Channels (there are also formats that have more than 1 LFE Channel: 7.2 for example)

Examples:
- 6 Channels can mean: 6.0 or 5.1
- 7 Channels can mean: 6.1 or 7.0

So reading the Channel positions field and paring it in XMM is missing.

2. the format Info itself is incomplete
Example:
DTS-HD MA is only shown as DTS-HD, because the Format Profile Field is not read.

3. Many files (especially DVD and Blu-ray, but also mkv's) have multiple Audio Tracks. That info is not present at all in XMM at the moment.
In that case reading the Language Field and Title Field (for commentary track, ...) is important.

Video Info is also not complete:

XMM reads only the Codec ID and ignores the Format and Format Profile info. Also the Scan Type (progressive/interleaved) is missing.

For Episodes missing: The Frame rate is also be a important missing Field (only as a variable missing)

To read all that info XMM also needs to update the mediainfo.dll to the current version.

Edited by - Prinz on 08 Mar 2012 11:49:59
Go to Top of Page

tonycole

87 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2012 :  22:41:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I see your point so a lot work to do still. I don't mind adding data it can't find for now. Will something like the Genre.js work or would that
be too many variables to cover.

Also can updated mediainfo.dll from the latest K Lite Codec pack work (I use K Lite Mega on my system). Or does XMM have it's
own version.

Sorry to bombard you with all these questions.

Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2012 :  22:49:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The update has to be done by Ale, because the missing information has to be parsed and added to the Database by XMM itself. For some infos there aren't even database fields at the moment...

Maybe I add a simply function to at least show the incomplete info. But I have to make a few ugly licenses free icons first. I can't use the ones on the screenshot because of licenses issues.
Go to Top of Page

tonycole

87 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2012 :  23:21:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Does that apply for the genre slates as well because i think there from the same source. I would have thought if they have
come a public skin they would be free to use for personal use. Maybe this site my help http://www.iconarchive.com/

The slate pack comes with a template to make new ones, maybe that can work as a background or here is a folder template
that can altered a bit. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?19p2nbf61sus08o

I'll see what else i can find.

Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2012 :  10:08:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The problem is that the card is included (as the default card) in a commercial program: XMM. Therefor I don't think that personal use applies in that case...
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2012 :  22:55:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I made a few icons...

The icons aren't pretty but should work. But there is still the problem with the missing/incomplete Mediainfo...
Go to Top of Page

tonycole

87 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2012 :  23:09:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
They look fine. Do you want me too try and do some with the film slate template or i can customize
the folder icon template. Also do want my mediainfo.dll from klite code pack to test.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07