Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Music Manager
 Suggestions / New features
 sorting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

cwdean
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2012 :  17:05:59  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Is it possible to sort by more than one column? For example, it would be extremely nice if you could sort by Season, then Number in Series...otherwise sorting by aired sequence in incorrect.

Also, it would be nice if you could sort by multiple columns in the main Grid. For example, sort by CatalogNo, then Title, then Year....or even just Title, then Year.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Christopher

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2012 :  17:39:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just click the following column(s) with Ctrl.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

cwdean
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2012 :  17:55:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

Just click the following column(s) with Ctrl.

Thanks for the quick reply. I had a feeling it was probably something simple like this. However, Ctrl doesn't seem to work. Shift seems to work though

Do you know if Series entries are supposed to appear in sorted order as well? It seems like I had Series entries in the list before sorting...but after sorting they suddenly seemed to disappear.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2012 :  18:18:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
On the card itself they are sorted.
Where do they disappear? In the grid? You should be able to sort them in the correct order. I only know that the IDs are in the row how you have imported the data. Maybe that's the cause why they disappear. Unfortunately I'm @work so I can only give you hints as I don't have XMM here.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

cwdean
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2012 :  18:39:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

On the card itself they are sorted.
Where do they disappear? In the grid? You should be able to sort them in the correct order. I only know that the IDs are in the row how you have imported the data. Maybe that's the cause why they disappear. Unfortunately I'm @work so I can only give you hints as I don't have XMM here.

I'm looking at the main XMM Grid. I think that both Movies and Series entries appear in the Grid but it seems like I'm seeing inconsistant behavior, i.e. the Series entry will sometimes appear and sometimes not. For example, right now I am not seeing any Series entries in the Grid at all but when I first loaded XMM they were there.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2012 :  19:05:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Mhhh, there are 3 types of showing the main grid. Movies, TV Shows and Alphabetical. You don't mix these views?
Best would be to attach a screenshot.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

cwdean
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2012 :  03:33:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

Mhhh, there are 3 types of showing the main grid. Movies, TV Shows and Alphabetical. You don't mix these views?
Best would be to attach a screenshot.

I'm still fairly new to this application. As soon as you mentioned the three types of grids I realized what I was doing. I didn't realize that each of these views performed a quick-filter on the type of view requested. That makes perfect sense now. Apparently when you first launch the application it must default to Alphabetical.

Thanks for teaching me about each of these views. Much appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2012 :  09:20:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You're welcome.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.23 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07