Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Music Manager
 Bugs Report
 Can't use eXtreme Music Manager
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jacquesp
Starting Member

Netherlands
4 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2012 :  05:49:00  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
eXtreme music manager(v1.0.1.5)won't start and yes I have installed Framework and
in the right install-map!
I use Windows 7 Enterprise x86!

AtDhVaAnNkCsE

Edited by - jacquesp on 06 Jan 2012 05:53:32

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2012 :  07:17:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

First of all, try to delete the configuration file (config.ini) that is in the same folder of the EXE (will reset the configuration).

The software just won't start without show any window? or can you see the Initial Window with the splash screen?

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

jacquesp
Starting Member

Netherlands
4 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2012 :  15:22:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Ale,

Cannot try, there is no config.ini in that folder!!!
With starting, I see the splashscreen and than the program hangs,
i must delete(stop)the program with Windows Task Manager to go on!

Thanks for support,
Jac

Edited by - jacquesp on 06 Jan 2012 15:35:03
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2012 :  14:43:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please try to install again the software under "My Documents" or Desktop and let me know.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

jacquesp
Starting Member

Netherlands
4 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2012 :  20:24:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Ale,

I did this both several times and it stops with the splashscreen,
and the message "Welcome to eXtreme Music Manager" and is complete dead!!!
I look in the install folder and there is no config.ini, so it starts
not the first time!
I feel me so stupid, the eXtreme Movie Manager works eXtremely good!!!

Have a nice weekend!
Jac

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2012 :  20:40:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, I have a similar problem on closing XMuM. After trying to close I can see the splash screen, the "normal" skinned prog window behind with the title bar in old classical style. When I now click the close gadget again then XMuM closes.
But beside that I have no problems with.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

jacquesp
Starting Member

Netherlands
4 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2012 :  19:10:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Ale,

My problem is resolved!
I installed XMuM 1.0.1.6 on a new Windows 7 Professional system and
it works fine, so i think Windows 7 Enterprise was the problem!

Thanks very much for the support!

Jac
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2012 :  23:56:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am happy that now everything is OK.

I have window 7 enterprise and works correctly... maybe some file of windows is corrupt on your system...

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Kynao
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2012 :  09:23:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Hello,

First of all, try to delete the configuration file (config.ini) that is in the same folder of the EXE (will reset the configuration).

I bought and installed book, music and game manager.
None of them worked. I deleted the configuration file (config.ini) and then book and music manager work. Game manager does not as there is no .ini file.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2012 :  09:55:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

What is exactly the problem? it simply wont start? Please send to me a screenshot...

Go to Top of Page

Kynao
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  21:23:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Hello,

What is exactly the problem? it simply wont start? Please send to me a screenshot...

Yes for the screenshot, do you an email adress preference ?
The problem is heaven more weird as sometimes it's games manager that does not work, sometimes music and sometimes books... anyway it seems to happen after query the database and then windows suggest to close the application. My screenshot shows the begining of the details from this windows suggestion.

Any way to receive email notifications from this forum when updates come ?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  07:53:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

you can send to alessioviti -at- binaryworks.it

Sorry for forum, there isn't this functionality yet, I have to switch to another forum...

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Klaatou
Starting Member

France
2 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2012 :  21:34:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello, I'm too stucked with the splashscreen, I tryied to reinstall, start it as admin, look the .ini (there is no one) but Music manager never started.
Beside Movie and Book are OK
What can I try ?
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2012 :  08:24:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

What release do you have? Have you install the full release, right?

You Operating System?

Thank you,

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Klaatou
Starting Member

France
2 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2012 :  11:10:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello, I think I have the last one : extrememusicm1.0.1.9 on Win 7 Pro
Go to Top of Page

Limak
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2013 :  07:04:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I'm currently looking for some good music manager and wanted to check Extreme Music Manager. I've downloaded latest version from website and installed it. When I start it it hangs on welcome screen and doesn't move forward. I see that in this topic people had similar problem but didn't see how the problem was solved.

I'm using W7 x64 with all the updates and all version of net framework installed. I've tried to install the software as an admin, start it as an admin - no luck. I installed in in default folder, program files folder or even different disk (no partition but disk) - no luck.

Can you please advise what might be root cause of the problem ?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2013 :  10:12:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello and sorry for late reply!

Thats strange, it should work even with 64 bit, I have test is on 7 and windows 8.

Can you please send to me a screenshot of the splash screen?

Ale

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.26 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07