Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Music Manager
 Bugs Report
 Allmusic script doesn't work?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jminidor
Starting Member

Israel
19 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2011 :  12:05:14  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,
I'm trying to use the Allmusic script to add/update a CD information but I keep getting "Internet connection error!" message (even for already cataloged CDs) although I have no Internet connection problem (and this post proves it...)
Thanks,
Jacob

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2011 :  12:20:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, for me all works okay and I don't think that since last time I have missed a script update that has a bug in.
Can be that there was a "bad" connection or AMG itself had a problem? Just simply try it again, please.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

jminidor
Starting Member

Israel
19 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2011 :  13:29:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Did you try it today? yesterday it worked fine for me too.
It's only today that it give this error message.
I would have attached the screen capture of this message, but there's no option for this...
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2011 :  15:43:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I have try now and seem to work correctly...

I have search for Cypress Hill

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

jminidor
Starting Member

Israel
19 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2011 :  13:06:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, I've tried and retried even uninstalled and re-installed but no vail.
All other eXtreme applications (Movie, Books) work fine.
Any suggestions?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2011 :  13:36:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have imported about 50 albums and 20 artists with AMG but no connection errors.
Do you have tested another script? Maybe XMuM is blocked from your firewall?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

jminidor
Starting Member

Israel
19 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2011 :  14:10:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No firewall...
I've tried all scripts. Only Allmusic display the error message, but all the other scripts (discogs, freedb, etc.) comes with empty information.
What bothers me is that on the installation day everything worked smoothly and I've imported some CDs information. I've even sent email to Ale, congratulating him for XMuM.
As I wrote, all other etreme applications works fine.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2011 :  15:34:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I am trying to think to a possible cause without success...

Maybe is the new update that doesn't work? What release are you using?

Ale

Go to Top of Page

jminidor
Starting Member

Israel
19 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2011 :  16:35:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Go to Top of Page

jminidor
Starting Member

Israel
19 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2011 :  17:30:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've done some experiments and here are my conclusions: when trying to add CD by extracting CDID, if the CDID is not recognized by Allmusic, the error message appear. All other scripts returns an empty record.
Correct me if I'm wrong...
P.S. It seems that importing information using CDID doesn't work. I couldn't import a single CD that way! Try, for example, Diana Krall's "The Girl In The Other Room" its CDID is "cf0d0a0c"

Edited by - jminidor on 19 Jun 2011 18:00:56
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2011 :  20:18:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oops, I didn't have recognized that your problem depends on the CDID... that's a function I didn't have tested yet.
That's a bug in the script as it didn't exit when the ID isn't found.
Should be a quite easy thing to correct. I will have a look tomorrow to correct it.
I hope that I can debug the script by using the id only...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2011 :  08:52:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just have tested the script with your example without any connection error.
Only thing is as I have tried some of my own CDs that they are added as AudioCD if they are not found by their CDID.
I only have the connection error when searching for an empty title...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

jminidor
Starting Member

Israel
19 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2011 :  09:55:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Here are 3 CDID of Sidney Bechet 3CD box "Sidney Bechet Best Of 3Cd". By using ONLY CDID (No titles whatsoever) I got results only from Freedb. Allmusic gave me the connection error...
Disc 1 "da0f3e10", Disc 2 "ca0c250f", Disc 3 "4e129416"
BTW: when I merged these 3 CD into 1 (the way you've suggested in another topic) I got disck 1, disck 2 disck 3. Well, it's either disc 1, disc 2, disc 3 OR disk 1, disk 2, disk 3 BUT NOT both...
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2011 :  10:08:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

if you take a look at script list, ALLMUSIC cannot be used for search the CDID.

Please use the FREEDB script instead.

ALLMUSIC can be used if you have the Album Title

Go to Top of Page

jminidor
Starting Member

Israel
19 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2011 :  11:01:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Ale,
The Allmusic entry in the scripts list is marked with X in the column titled "UPC/EAN search".
Nothing is said about CDID search...
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2011 :  11:37:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, sorry... its the same. I will try to add a new field to shoe better this.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

salg
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2012 :  13:08:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jminidor

No firewall...
I've tried all scripts. Only Allmusic display the error message, but all the other scripts (discogs, freedb, etc.) comes with empty information.
What bothers me is that on the installation day everything worked smoothly and I've imported some CDs information. I've even sent email to Ale, congratulating him for XMuM.
As I wrote, all other etreme applications works fine.

I am having the same problem. The scripts worked in the past and now, I can't udate artists and albums. Really strange stuff. I thought my internet was down but it wasn't. The results comes up blanks. If I use disclogs, the results comes up as [] as the name.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2012 :  18:35:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I will check it now...

Go to Top of Page

salg
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2012 :  01:47:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

I will check it now...

It appears that the scripts don't work. I uninstall the program and installed it again. For example: I added Elton John. I tried to update his bio and the allmusic script comes up blank. Search results is empty. "http://www.allmusic.com/search/artist/Elton John" is the link in the download monitor g3. It worked in the past.
Thanks

Sal Gaudio
Go to Top of Page

wph
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2012 :  22:09:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Same here. Norton firewall is disabled. I thought maybe a problem with the network firewall, but same result on using inderpendant connection
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2012 :  16:42:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I will take a look why doesn't work anymore.

Thank you!

Ale

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.23 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07