Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Music Manager
 Suggestions / New features
 XMuM 1.0.0.3 & FreeDB
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Mawu

Germany
1024 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2011 :  14:24:52  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello Alessio,

just a few questions concerning the new release:
Where can I specify the optical drive from which XMuM reads AudioCD?
I don't find a quick way to make a quick FreeDB search (I only want to put the cd into the drive, press a button and search should find the album automatically).
The way should be:
1. AudioCD is put into drive.
2. "Extract Info directly from your CD" (btw: this topic I only find on the welcome screen not in the program menue)
3. Automatically generating DiscID and searching directly in FreeDB (local and remote access should be available!!!!). The access by MagicScript is fine and useful (as sometimes generating of the unique discid fails), but direct access is quicker and easier.
For doku see: http://www.freedb.org/en/download__miscellaneous.11.html
The direct FreeDB access should also be available for album files on hard disk.

Another topic: data fields for albums and tracks should be adjusted to the requirements of the modern tagging standards and should be recognized by the program engine (additionally there should be an option to also read custom tags generated as TXXX frame or multiple comment field like some itunes specific tags, display them in an extra field/tab and/or give us an option to map it into already existing or custom fields):
http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7067
http://www.id3.org/
http://age.hobba.nl/audio/tag_frame_reference.html
BTW: some of the data does not need to be editable for "real" music files (mp3, AudioCD) like track length, bitrate etc.

Bye Byte and Happy Coding

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2011 :  14:42:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't know if Ale wants to use the bass audio library. But if he wants to, almost all of these function (freedb support, tag reading) are includes in that library already.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2011 :  15:00:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Mawu,

At this time the Optical Drive is taken automatically.

You can scan the CD any time to extract the CDID, just click on the "Add New Album" to see the button to scan the Disk, or, in the Details tab, click on the button "Extract CDID"

Of course for now everything works under the magicscript, so after read the CDID you have to use the freedb script to grab info. Maybe in future I can make the selection of the freedb script automatic, to speed up.

About the BASS Library... I have download the example API for .NET from BASS website but I cannot get it to work, I get always an Initialization error of Bass DLL...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2011 :  15:41:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Did you add the normal bass.dll (and used addons) to the app folder?

bass.net.dll etc. are only the api wrapper and of cource need the real dll files.
Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1024 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2011 :  17:18:17  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,

quote:
At this time the Optical Drive is taken automatically.

Hmm. I have three optical drives here and only in one of them I can scan the AudioCD with xMuM (that one that comes first with its alphabetical letter)

quote:
You can scan the CD any time to extract the CDID, just click on the "Add New Album" to see the button to scan the Disk, or, in the Details tab, click on the button "Extract CDID". Of course for now everything works under the magicscript, so after read the CDID you have to use the freedb script to grab info. Maybe in future I can make the selection of the freedb script automatic, to speed up.

Ok. I have to admit that at the moment I have problems to use the magic script engine. Maybe it's because I'm online via my UMTS stick. That`s also a problem with xMM.
The question is: is it sufficient to search only with CDID without album title? With FreeDB search I'm a little bit spoiled because I've the whole FreeDB on my hard disk and Exact Audio Copy has real-time access on the database.

Other things: The new cover filter works fine; scan process is still in two steps (but quicker than before); on the other hand with Magic Script import there should be the possibilty to compare first the online data with the music files on hard disk/AudioCD.

Mawu

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2011 :  17:30:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I will take a look. i have only install their example on how to use the api...

Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2011 :  17:48:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I tested the .net simple example with visual c# 2008 express and it's working without a problem. (Of course i copied the bass.dll from there site in the exe folder.)

Edited by - Prinz on 02 Jun 2011 17:49:18
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2011 :  17:52:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes,yes, that was the problem... as I wrote by email, I have to stop for today

Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2011 :  19:38:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mawu
Maybe it's because I'm online via my UMTS stick. That`s also a problem with xMM.

Maybe again the UMTS compression problem:

http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6922&whichpage=2
Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1024 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2011 :  21:18:12  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@Prinz
Thank you for the reminder. I get xMuM now working with my umts stick.

@Alessio
Import now works really well. But as I posted it the last time, a preview during import seems necessary. For popular albums there were always several search hits with different data quality available, sometimes there are also different releases available (with different order or number of tracks).

Mawu

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2011 :  05:33:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Mawu,

What do you mean with "preview", during Hard Disk scan or when you import from internet?

Because when you import from internet there is the little button at top-right for see a preview.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1024 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2011 :  10:34:22  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,

quote:
What do you mean with "preview", during Hard Disk scan or when you import from internet?

During internet import. Scanning the harddisk should be a one-step-process.

quote:
Because when you import from internet there is the little button at top-right for see a preview.

Oh, thank you I've overseen that. What I really want is a better possibility to compare the stuff that I'm going to import with the files I have on my harddisk. It should be a little bit like the import window of The Godfather.

In the window at the bottom are my files listed, left window at the top displays the hits of the FreeDB search (according to the CDID) and on the right window the "Content" of the hits. In the right window you are able to edit the data, add/delete/move rows etc. When you transfer the data in the right window to the files there is a check if the track lengths are the same.

Why is this useful?
For popular albums there are very often many different releaees with:
- bonus tracks
- differences in track length
- different song order
- wrong or incomplete data
- inconsistent orthography

With a better preview it will be possible to adjust the import data to the music files.

Mawu

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2011 :  12:03:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thats interesting Mawu.

Its not so easy to implement in the MagicScript, but I will try to make a better preview.

Ale

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.28 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07