New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

sl0wass
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2011 :  18:33:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Don't know if it's applied here but when i click an actor in the grid i get no html actor card, i just seem to end up in some kind of neverending loop... ?
Also when i click an actor/director in the movie html card i go to my install dir and not to the actors htmlcard ????
Just updated to newest version 7.1.4.4
i'm having the default htmlcard set as movie_bigcover - gives me the loop on movies as well ??
movie_bigcover (black) and simplified doesn't tho ???
Any ideas to what i what i can do here ?? I'm kinda running a half program here as i have taken the html card outta view
regards sl0
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2011 :  19:32:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sounds like a Javascript Error. If some javascript code on the html card creates an error, the rest of the javascript on the Card doesn't work anymore on the Card. And for example the Actor Link is a Javascript function not a normal link and wouldn't work anymore.

Probably some some files that are part of the html card are missing/old or a PC-specific javascript error occurs.
Go to Top of Page

sl0wass
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2011 :  21:22:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
thx for a quick reply, i'll try to clean everything out - do a fresh install of EMM,
#done - didn't do any good
I'm a bit more on the dark side regarding Java, is there a specific direction it would be good to take ? Java is the latest version,
I sat Java to console, but Java doesn't even spin up when i click the html cards ??? so no logs :S
antivirus is disabled...
firewall disabled...
Any ideas ?
regards sl0

ps:I opened a java check site and got console, only error it throws is :
Exception in thread "Thread-11" java.lang.InternalError: couldn't create component peer
at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.checkCreation(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WCanvasPeer.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WPanelPeer.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.createPanel(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Panel.addNotify(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.addImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.add(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.util.GrayBoxPainter.getGrayBoxPanel(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.util.GrayBoxPainter.paintGrayBox(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.util.GrayBoxPainter.repaintGrayBox(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.util.GrayBoxPainter.access$200(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.util.GrayBoxPainter$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Don't know if it's got anything to do with it ???

Edited by - sl0wass on 22 Nov 2011 21:27:06
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2011 :  21:47:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Java and Javascript are two completely different things.

Here is a modified test card of the movie_bigcover: movie_bigcover_error

http://www.mediafire.com/?3lj8ypkm9g0d01k

This one displays a Popup for every Javascript Error. Normally there shouldn't be any Errors being displayed.

Current movie_bigcover version is needed: http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7533&whichpage=31 or direct link: http://www.mediafire.com/?qg8g99ifd9a293t

Edited by - Prinz on 22 Nov 2011 21:48:54
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2011 :  21:48:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry for delay Prinz, I will try to fix it asap.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

sl0wass
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2011 :  22:00:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Allrighty -
Loaded the test card - nothing happens it just goes into the before mentioned loop no pops
Replaced to current version of movie_bigcover - same thing - loop
EMM does throw an error in the lower bar of the window : 3265-Item can not be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or......
Thx again for fast reply
_sl0
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2011 :  22:25:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Maybe something is wrong with your Internet Explorer Installation or some Internet Explorer Options don't allow some code to work correctly.

XMM uses the Internet Explorer Engine to display the html Cards. Regrading the XMM Error maybe Ale can say something about that.

Edited by - Prinz on 22 Nov 2011 22:25:41
Go to Top of Page

sl0wass
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2011 :  23:15:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
thank you very much, i did a reinstall of explorer + a java install thru explorer, which one worked i don't know ;)
My problems could be related to i'm not touching explorer at all when i do win installs, i'm strictly a firefox person, so yeah it was prolly the flawed explorer that was the flaw.
thx again ;)
_sl0
Go to Top of Page

andersonl
Starting Member

Australia
7 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2011 :  01:03:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Upgraded to 7.2. Added a new TV series and when looked upon in tree view all series were shown for this TV show. But when I look at any of the other TV shows they do not show the series but a blank window were the series should be.
I have to physically open up the in edit mode to view them. Any ideas or do I have to import all again This would be sad as one has 23 seasons.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2011 :  09:43:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just have done a quick test.
For me all works fine. All episodes are shown correctly - before and after adding new movies and shows.
Please check the HTML card if it's related to this, as example it could be a defective episode card in the installation...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

glengov
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2012 :  15:24:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,
It have just installed release 7.2.2.1 and when I scan my mkv directory, In the field file size, there is the value "1" and not the size of the file.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2012 :  08:23:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you, I will make some test to find the bug.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

MikeM
Starting Member

Belgium
5 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2012 :  09:00:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
With new Extreme Movie Manager 7.2.2.4, the button "Add Movies to Database" in "Device Scanner" stay always grayed.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2012 :  13:41:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Mike,

The button is active only, after you have scan the folder, there are items to Grid to import, otherwise stays disabled.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

zukkara

105 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  13:05:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,
i just updated to vesrion 7.2.2.6, after not using XMM for a while. When Scanning my hard drive for new films, XMM does not recognizes the IMDB links in my nfo files any more. It also does not find the year in the titles any more. My title and folder names always look like "film name (2012)".
I just had to put in the IMDB links for 30 films, and they were all in the nfo files, which are named like the movie files.
I haven't changed neither my filename format nor the nfo file struckture for years, and it is only recently that XMM does not recognizes them any more.
Are there any new settings I'm not aware off?
Hope you can help me!
zukkara

Edited by - zukkara on 04 May 2012 13:11:15
Go to Top of Page

CaMeO
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2012 :  17:33:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi@All

The import function from my local files(codecs, etc.) works fine but i miss the exact movie length. I'm a Movie-Fan and i need informations about the correct running time (hour:min:sec) not a rounded time in minutes only. It is possible to add this function in the future?

And can you fix the order of the data-fields in the tabs. When i jump through the fields with the 'tab' button it looks like chaos ;-)

thx, CaMeO
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2012 :  17:50:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The total running time should be quite easy to implement if the used dll allows that. But think about the import from internet. I don't know much sites that provide the correct running time incl. the seconds.
The tab button... I think that would be a neverending story as every new field will be automatically added at the end and rearranging them manually - I don't wanna make that job for all those components!

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 17 May 2012 17:53:25
Go to Top of Page

fritz614
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2013 :  01:35:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have version 8.0.4.4.

I am unable to save anything in the OPTIONS page. When I tell it to ignore AVI files and look for another type of file, it ignores my request and defaults back to the original set-up. Also, when I was able to get it to import the movies I want, it says they are importing, I see them flash on the grid for 2 seconds and then they disappear and no new movie number is generated.

James Fritz
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.26 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07