Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Games Manager Forum
 Scripts
 Moby Games
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

VPaulus
Starting Member

Portugal
23 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2010 :  21:46:16  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Is it possible to have a script for moby games?
http://www.mobygames.com/home

Good quality covers and screenshots.

Thanks

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2010 :  06:51:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Anyone want do it first?

Otherwise I will try it next days.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

VPaulus
Starting Member

Portugal
23 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2010 :  22:57:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It still doesn't grab screenshots.
But this new version is better.
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2010 :  17:35:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I have add the thumbnail of screenshot, this to speed-up the download...

Ale

Go to Top of Page

VPaulus
Starting Member

Portugal
23 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2010 :  02:02:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,

If you don't mind me saying this, but I think that Mobygames is the best cross platform database. The information seems to be more accurate than in allgames. Besides in term of titles in some platforms is bigger.
In the end it can be more important than allgames.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

eemakia

163 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2010 :  15:39:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please make an option to download full screenshots, because the thumbnails are too small.
Go to Top of Page

VPaulus
Starting Member

Portugal
23 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2010 :  15:55:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by eemakia

Please make an option to download full screenshots, because the thumbnails are too small.

+1
Go to Top of Page

81RED
Starting Member

Denmark
30 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2011 :  14:19:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by eemakia

I can't even get any of the thumbnails to download, so a general overhaul of that script would be a good thing. Damned shame as Mobygames is *the* source of everything game-related.
Go to Top of Page

dillonm
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2012 :  22:12:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio - Mobygames seems to be the source of choice on the Internet for any game data. I second what is being said about the screenshots not working. Could you fix this please? Particularly full screenshots as thumbnails are no good.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

paauw
Starting Member

Netherlands
21 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2012 :  17:05:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio

Can u please fix the rating in this script...or better make a script for gamerankings.com...development of X games manager seems to have stopped ?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2012 :  18:00:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No,no, its not stopped... I am really busy with XMM 8, but I will fix it asap.

Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2012 :  08:47:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have fix the Moby Script just now...

Go to Top of Page

paauw
Starting Member

Netherlands
21 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2012 :  13:30:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio,

The rating is now working, but the values it takes are those of user ratings.
Mby Games also has a rating called Moby Ranking and is a rating by games magazines reviews which is much better...
Can you therefore let the script take the Moby ranking values as rating...?
Go to Top of Page

paauw
Starting Member

Netherlands
21 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2012 :  13:53:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry Alessio,

The game rating does not update all the time, i dont know whats wrong even the direct links arent always right (for instance my platform is XBOX 360 but direct links from search also has playstation/commodore etc...

can u invest some time in the gamerankings.com script....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.2 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07