Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Games Manager Forum
 Suggestions/New Features
 Alternative to the Extreme Games Manager somewhere
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

carsie

Germany
73 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2022 :  15:37:57  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello Guys,
since the Extreme Games Manager isnīt supported now for years and none of the scripts are working anymore I wonder if there is an alternative for this database.

I'm really sad about the ending the support, there is even no answer when asking for. It would be fair for new customers, when they hadn't the chance to buy the program anymore.

So I'm looking for an alternative for this lovely program. I would even invest again on THIS program to bring it back to life. The function to import the games-data from Game-Websites would be a worthful function.

Does anybody know some alternatives? By googling I just found media-databases for movies.

Thank you in advance!

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2022 :  20:03:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
As long as there are existing websites that can be processed by MagicScript it would be the best to fix/rewrite the scripts.
That can do everybody! You just need a little skill as most of any script is based on search functions.
Have a look at any existing script and try it yourself.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

kodviper
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2022 :  00:18:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I too am sadden by the end of EMM. I've used the program since 2013 and have been happy with it. JDommi, if it wasn't for you this program would have been dead long ago and I thank you for all your hard work and love you've shown the members. Its with mixed emotions that I too have moved on and found another program that fits my needs. If this project was to start back up again, I'll consider coming back. Again, thank you JDommi for everything!
Go to Top of Page

carsie

Germany
73 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2022 :  18:17:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Dommi,
first of all I want to agree to kodviper. Thank you for all your support over the years. And itīs right: without you, also the EMM would be dead since a long time.

But you have to commit: The possibility to buy the collection is still running and that is not fair for new users. But not your fault.

I've read your reply and really tried to find out, what to change in the script of the "pcgamesdatabase". But I failed. I have to say that I am no developer. So I didnīt understand most of the lines in the script. The only thing I found, was that pacgamesdatabase is a "https"-Link and so I added the "s" to the existing links in the script.

But this had no effect.

Is there someone who could fix the pcgamesdatabase-Script?

Thanks in advance
Carsie
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.22 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07