Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 11
 Information
 XMM10
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Rincewindwiz

100 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2021 :  13:12:40  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
It seems XMM10 is here to stay until 11 is 'fit for purpose'. So I tried 10 - not encouraging
1 It takes ages 2+ minutes to start up (7k movie database)

2 I clicked on arrow in right of heading 'picture' and XMM 'stopped' with rotating blue wheel for 2 - 3 minutes and then crashed with net unhandled error

3 I removed picture column but rows do not resize so still only 10 movies/page without scrolling. Ah good - it seems they can be manually resized (but auto would be nicer)

4 Ticked all boxes on settings->treeview options and clicked 'apply'
and XMM locked up (Task manager reports 'Not Responding' but Processes shows it is reading (looks like whole database) but why is it so slow? It took nearly 4 minutes to redisplay the treeview.

5 Then when I click OK it takes another 4 - 5 minutes to read the entire database AGAIN

6 CRITICAL: What happened to the edit screen? Where can I edit the movie information?

7 Still no index on category. What is the point of adding categories if you cant easily group movies of the same 'category' together.

Mind you, I cant find an edit view so I cant update category anyway :-(

He uses statistics as a drunk uses lampposts - for support rather than illumination

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2022 :  22:14:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Having the same experience with 10.0.0.2
Been using version 9 (64bit) on W10.
Giving Windows 11 a go now and thought why no try XMM10 too?
Big mistake!
Was hoping for some fixes, but instead things get worse. this XMM seems very much abandoned to me. The fact that there is no response to this old OP is very telling.

.... and where is a link to a x64 download for XMM10?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.21 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07