Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Games Manager Forum
 Bug Report
 No support for the Games Manager anymore
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

carsie

Germany
74 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2021 :  14:28:50  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi there,
it seems, that there is no support for this tool anymore. Thatīs a pity because it was really cool, as long as the scripts worked. Without the scripts, you can also use Excel.

I asked several times for help, but not even an answer, also no updated scripts at least for pcgamesdatabase.

Very disappointed

carsie

Germany
74 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2022 :  13:11:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Dommi,
first of all I want to agree to kodviper. Thank you for all your support over the years. And itīs right: without you, also the EMM would be dead since a long time.

But you have to commit: The possibility to buy the collection is still running and that is not fair for new users. But not your fault.

I've read your reply and really tried to find out, what to change in the script of the "pcgamesdatabase". But I failed. I have to say that I am no developer. So I didnīt understand most of the lines in the script. The only thing I found, was that pacgamesdatabase is a "https"-Link and so I added the "s" to the existing links in the script.

But this had no effect.

Is there someone who could fix the pcgamesdatabase-Script?

Thanks in advance
Carsie
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2022 :  13:52:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
As I don't know if my mail has reached you...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/97zvtli1gbsjyd8/PCGAMESDATABASE.DE_%25282023%2529.txt/file

I have only changed the webquery and the createmovielist.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

carsie

Germany
74 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2023 :  16:07:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Dommi,
thank you for your help. The mail didn't reach me because itīs an old account. I have updated the data in the profile now.
But however: I tried the changed script, but it also failed in finding games. No matter what name I use to search the result is always no found hits.
When you perhaps will have the time to fix the script, so that it works correctly, I would also pay up to 10 Euros for it via paypal for your efforts.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2023 :  12:38:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Shit, in my debugger everything works okay again

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

carsie

Germany
74 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2023 :  13:56:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Would you help me and try another time? I'm honest to pay for it, although I know that this is not much money, perhaps someone else would also be ready to spend.

Thank you in advance!!!
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2023 :  18:07:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't do it for money

I think it's only a simple error in the address.
Unfortunately I never have had a look at redirects. And the address isn't changed after a manual call in my browser.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2023 :  16:28:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry, I can't get it to work
Anything I am trying is producing an empty list.
It seems as if the MagicScript Engine used in the program is too old to handle https.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

carsie

Germany
74 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2023 :  12:50:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
so sad....

But thank you very much for your try.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2023 :  18:24:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Maybe you can use the Debugger and do a copy and paste.
I will test a few more times, but I don't have big expectations.
What I could do is to grab and store the data into a .nfo file - if XGM is able to import such files...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

carsie

Germany
74 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2023 :  18:42:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hmmm, I have no idea....

When opening the import feature in the XGM there`s only the option to import from a special other tool named "Collectorz Game".

But even if this works: starting the import routine for every single game is quite a mess...

Thank for thinking about alternatives. To my opinion Al could try to solve the problem. He got the money for the suite and I haven't seen him here for years. I wonder if heīs still alive...

But however: you keep the forums here alive and that can't be honored enough. Thank you again very much for your engagement.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07