Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 11
 Bug Reports
 Cover Photos
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mon1y

98 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2020 :  03:22:32  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
The previous version I was able to drag the cover photos the left botom corner. now I cannot and the cover photos is small and cannot see the detail. how do you make it appear larger? How can I get the older version 9. I'm now using Windows 10 and 10.0.0.2 ( What's New )

Mawu

Germany
1024 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2020 :  12:11:52  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
http://www.binaryworks.it/files/extrememm9.0.1.4.exe

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien
Go to Top of Page

romarkin
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2020 :  05:51:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am suddenly having trouble with cover photos. They are not being added by the script, so I downloaded them and tried to add them manually. They refuse to be added! No idea why. Using Version 10.

I am thinking of going back to version 9 as well. Version 10 never worked right: the script always downloads the actors and places them as directors, so I have to go back and manually delete the actors from being directors.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2020 :  07:31:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just have tested you problems and everything worked fine.
Covers are added and actors as directors are okay, too. At least the last problem seems to be a bug of the script you arte using. Indeed many of the scripts don't work (correctly) anymore as there is no one taking care of them...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

mon1y

98 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2020 :  01:24:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Mawu
Go to Top of Page

romarkin
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2020 :  02:43:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Here's the block of text I get in the Cover Manager when I try to add the cover pic manually. I download the image and it still won't insert into the program.

==============================================

Selected File : C:\Users\JB\Downloads\cover.jpg
Loading Image to Control : C:\Users\JB\Documents\eXtreme Movie Manager\tempdir\images\cover20200702203727884.jpg
Saving Image to Disk...
Chosen Title: 604668-Working-Man
Covers Directory: D:\Stuff\Database Stuff\XMM Database\JB Movies_cover\
ERROR DETECED ON COPY FILE: ErrLevel:3-53-File not found.

Name Converted: 604668-Working-Man.jpg
Cover Type: 1
Name of file saved on DB : 604668-Working-Man.jpg
Some Configuration Info
-----------------------
Covers Path: D:\Stuff\Database Stuff\XMM Database\JMovies_cover\
IrfanView Path: C:\Users\JB\Documents\eXtreme Movie Manager\configuration\Irfanview.exe
Temp Dir: C:\Users\JB\Documents\eXtreme Movie Manager\tempdir\images\
Current database: D:\Stuff\Database Stuff\XMM Database\JMovies.mdb

Edited by - romarkin on 03 Jul 2020 02:45:02
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2020 :  07:20:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Three things I would try:
1. clean the folder ...\tempdir\images\
2. toggle the use of IrfanView
3. Debug the script and check if the download of the cover is correct. Maybe there is a link used that is not complete (like a change from an absolute address to a relative one that is not expended in the script)

As an additional test: try to use another script like ofdb.de and imdb.com. For me those 2 scripts are doing their job.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

romarkin
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2020 :  03:38:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

Three things I would try:
1. clean the folder ...\tempdir\images\
2. toggle the use of IrfanView
3. Debug the script and check if the download of the cover is correct. Maybe there is a link used that is not complete (like a change from an absolute address to a relative one that is not expended in the script)

As an additional test: try to use another script like ofdb.de and imdb.com. For me those 2 scripts are doing their job.

I knew it wasn't a script. Toggled IrfanView, that took care of it. I have no idea why that was on in the first place or how it got changed. Thanks, that solved it!
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2020 :  09:59:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Fine
And what about the directors problem?
As said for me the actors are taken correctly and not as directors...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

romarkin
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2020 :  01:15:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yeah it's still importing some (like two or three, sometimes more) actors as directors. Worse, I just noticed that it's been switching the names of the role in the film with the actors. So the name of the person in the role is listed as the "actor" and the actor is listed as the character's name. I don't know how long this has been going on, and I just noticed it. It's been going on more than a year, I just noticed that a film I added in April of 2019 had the roles switched with the actor's name, as well as a more recent one. Could be many films in the database are messed up this way.

Edited by - romarkin on 11 Aug 2020 01:16:23
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2020 :  09:32:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just have checked the last 20 entries imported with IMDB (Complete) and every movie is okay.
The XMM release I am using is 10.0.0. and the script has a filedate of 04.12.2018.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07