Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 No data in Grid with version 10 and other problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Invisibleman
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2019 :  18:58:26  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

I downloaded today the version 10. But here the grid was empty and was only saying missing image. Also the column chooser didn't show anything.

I could switch to Thumbnail view and there I did get the covers. Also in the detail part (right side) I got movie information.

Also keep I getting the message that I need to check the virusscanner or firewall as it was blocking. But I disabled both and it kept showing me this message. While with version 9, I don't have a problem.

Regards,
Hans

Jwire
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2019 :  19:26:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

The same thing just happened to me! I hope not to lose the data, I try now to restore the previous version.
Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1024 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2019 :  20:55:17  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi guys,

you have to delete the "Layouts" folder and let xMM re-generate it.
Caution! QuickEdit, Mini-Statistic, Front und Back Cover view are gone in version 10.

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien

Edited by - Mawu on 19 May 2019 00:24:39
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2019 :  11:28:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry guys, my fault. I will try to fix it for next update.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

romarkin
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2019 :  00:48:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
you have to delete the "Layouts" folder and let xMM re-generate it.

OK I did this and the columns show up again. Every single column shows up except the most important one, and that's the TITLE column. And the column chooser box is blank. Back to Version 9 until I hear more.

Edited by - romarkin on 22 May 2019 00:49:16
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2019 :  08:27:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Please download again the full release and install it.

Make a backup first.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Invisibleman
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2019 :  23:57:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Alessio,

I donwloaded the new version and first, the rows where very big. But then I did as you've said and remove the layout folder. But now every time I want to run XMM I getting and error and after that, in deed the columns are showing but it doesn't keep the columns that I have choose. I removed lot of columns re-run XMM and getting error and after that all columns are back to the default again.

I check the folder, but now there's no layout folder being restored.

Also another question, for the sound. Isn't it possible that there is a column being created that can hold the sound type of the medie, like DTS 7.1, Dolby Atmos 7.1, AC3 and such??

Regards,
Hans
Go to Top of Page

romarkin
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2019 :  00:20:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Installed 10.0.02 and other than the rows are very wide (high), everything seems to be fine. I don't see any way to adjust the height of the rows.
Go to Top of Page

Invisibleman
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2019 :  17:53:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Romarkin,

I had the same problem, and then I removed the folder Layout. This then make the rows smaller and as it should be. But after that I kept keeping an error message when starting MMX and couldn't set the columns the way I wanted as with every new start the error is coming and the columns are in the default state.

See my remark above.

Regards,
Hans
Go to Top of Page

romarkin
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2019 :  07:08:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am just going to keep using version 9 until this is resolved. The rows in the grid shouldn't be so high as they now are in 10. Why bother deleting the Layout folder as you did, when that could just lead to more problems? Why upgrade to a new buggy version when the old version is doing fine? I didn't see any obvious improvements in Version 10, it just seems to create problems. So why install it? At the very least it should work as good as 9, but it doesn't. At least not yet.
Go to Top of Page

Nadz
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2019 :  21:09:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
When I first installed this version, I was plagued with this issue and I read someone's suggestion of deleting the layouts folder. DO NOT DELETE the folder itself. Rather, delete the contents. That was my fix. This version works for me.
Go to Top of Page

Invisibleman
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2019 :  10:33:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Nadz,

Thank you for your help. I did before created the folder Layout manualy again, but I did overlook that it should be called Layouts. I now renamed the folder to Layouts (with no content inside) and it does work now.

Thanks again,
Hans
Go to Top of Page

romarkin
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2019 :  00:41:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK I reinstalled 10 one more time, and this time deleted the CONTENTS of the Layouts folder and not the folder itself, and all works fine now! Yay! I realized I had to upgrade because the scripts with 9 seemed wonky.
Go to Top of Page

Nadz
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2019 :  06:31:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You're welcome, to those that felt my input helped. I would hate to see this version not get it's proper support/use due to a simple issue.
Go to Top of Page

Furycom
Starting Member

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2019 :  13:18:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
for the big row problemes,,,
ive got the same after a fresh install of v10
but its very simple , you can adjust the row like in office excel
whit your mouse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.22 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07