Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 script supported https protocols
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Tome
Starting Member

Belgium
29 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2018 :  15:36:59  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
When running the script for the ADULTDVDEMPIRE.com web site, I get in the script viewer an error message:"connection closed". The internal debugger stops, while the external debugger works.

Is it possible that the HTTPS protocols supported by XMM 9 are not sufficient for some sites? I know that TLS 1.0 is not supported as it is deprecated. The web sites must best use TLS 1.2. So when negotiating a connection from XMM 9 to a web site, TLS 1.2 must be added as a possible protocol too.

If this will be fixed, please as well for the 64-bit version of XMM.

Thanks

Edited by - Tome on 23 Jul 2018 16:25:45

KirkTiberius
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2018 :  21:42:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Did you find a way to get this to work?

Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

Tome
Starting Member

Belgium
29 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  11:03:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No, Ale must change this. He must allow the latest security protocols for https. I think the program is written in .NET. He must add ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = SecurityProtocolType.Ssl3 | SecurityProtocolType.Tls12 (Tls1.3 and?) before the request to the url is done.
Go to Top of Page

KirkTiberius
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2018 :  23:09:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That's unfortunate. ;-(

Thanks for the detailed response.

Go to Top of Page

HissingSid
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2019 :  20:45:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Did the HTTPS protocol and functionality ever get resolved?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2019 :  12:37:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm working on that but have to wait until Ale has made a few changes.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

KirkTiberius
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2019 :  01:32:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am equally surprised and hopeful to hear that- thanks for your help JDommi.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2019 :  11:39:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
https://www.mediafire.com/file/qultbznt80cpcza/DLWeb.exe/file

That's a program to replace the standard download routine of XMM.
You can test it by using a shortcut with special parameters.

Please test it if it works correctly!
Report the functionality to me, please!!!

1. Download the file and save it in any folder.
2. Create a subfolder tempdir where the exe is located. Here will be the downloaded site stored.
3. Create a shortcut to the exe.
4. Edit this link and add a parameter to the target path.

Example parameter: "https://www.serienjunkies.de/tags/banshee/@SLOT1" <-- (the quotes must be there, too!)

first part of the parameter = address of the website
second part = @WEB (or: @NEWWEB, @SLOT1, ... @SLOT5

After calling the shortcut the html will be saved as a text file in the subfolder.

*EDIT*
Maybe your are missing the zlib1.dll https://www.mediafire.com/file/fcls5b4bqyssa6o/zlib1.dll/file

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

KirkTiberius
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2019 :  18:45:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi JDommi,

I'm having trouble following your instructions.

More like totally confused.

Is this a standalone program? Does this work alongside XMM? Am I supposed to be making changes in the Magicscript for the specific script I am trying to use?

I got to Step 3 Ok, but I'm not sure what to for Step 4: "4. Edit this link and add a parameter to the target path."

Sorry, I'm a little lost.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2019 :  20:17:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
I'm having trouble following your instructions.
More like totally confused.

Sorry, I'm not good in explaining...

quote:
Is this a standalone program? Does this work alongside XMM? Am I supposed to be making changes in the Magicscript for the specific script I am trying to use?

Yes, and no It's a standalone and a plugin. I already have a modified XMM by Ale where I am able to use the plugin in any script instead of using the standard commands.

quote:
I got to Step 3 Ok, but I'm not sure what to for Step 4: "4. Edit this link and add a parameter to the target path."
Sorry, I'm a little lost.

Well, rightclick on the shortcut and chose "Properties". On the tab "Shortcut" you have to change the target path.
Original entry (on my pc):
C:\Users\JDommi\Desktop\WebBrowser_mit_Proxy\Win32\Release\DLWeb.exe
Entry for testing purposes:
C:\Users\JDommi\Desktop\WebBrowser_mit_Proxy\Win32\Release\DLWeb.exe "https://www.serienjunkies.de/tags/banshee/@SLOT1"

In the final release XMM's script engine will pass the parameters to the plugin and uses the result on #STARTREADWEB#.
I will then include a script for serienjunkies.de as example to demonstrate the use.

I could attach some screenshots, but they are all german languaged. I don't think that these pics really would help.

*EDIT*
I have chosen serienjunkies as the search results are from https and they are additionally encrypted.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Tome
Starting Member

Belgium
29 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2019 :  20:06:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi JDommi,

Your plug-in looks promising! :-)

Hopefully Ale will find some time, to make his changes into this new XMM version. (Please, also the 64-bit version)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.2 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07