Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Is there a way to get XMM to rename files
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Lioric
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2018 :  23:27:36  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have entered all my TV series into XMM
and it was a ton of work
But I'm happy with it
Since XMM has all the info downloaded from IMDB, is there a way to get XMM to rename the video files in the database and tag them with season and episode number?

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4636 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2018 :  09:06:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Tools -> File Manager -> Rename Episode Files.
But it's renaming and not tagging!

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Lioric
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2018 :  10:20:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Is it possible for you to add the tagging part for the next update?
It would make this software really complete if you can put the season and episode name in the meta data
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4636 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2018 :  13:29:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
As Ale is the sole programmer of XMM I can't help you on that.
To be true, I didn't have had a deeper look in movie tagging anyway. Therefor I don't know if that will be possible for all types of video and what efford that would be.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Lioric
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2018 :  22:25:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
could you ask hime to see if he could do it
I could donate for the development if he needs to
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4636 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2018 :  07:21:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I will ask him but I'm not very confident that he will do it...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1024 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2018 :  09:50:50  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello guys,
the main questions are:
What kind of movie files do you have? MKV?
What do you want to do with tagged files? What programs should read this files? Do these programs support tagging standards at all? Do they support the full tag specification (like here: https://matroska.org/technical/specs/tagging/index.html)?
Reading/writing tags to movie files was already requested for years (http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8857) so I don't think it will ever happen. In the meantime you can use a workaround - at least for data export from xMM: you can export movie metadata as "external" NFO-File. Together with a cover picture you can export this file into the movie file folder. Most media server software is able to read this files and integrate this data into the server database.

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien
Go to Top of Page

Lioric
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2018 :  00:25:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This is for the sole purpose of XMM only
The thing is it took quite a while to give the episode number and season numbers to my entire collection
and every now and then I may have to move stuff around
But if I have given the numbers through XMM and saved the tags in the file meta
The next time I add these files into XMM the tagging would already be there.
I have several file types, MVK, AVI and MP4 mostly
I want to save the tag so that XMM will always find the files automatically without me renumbering everything.
I want XMM to read the tags. Its data base can be used for all other software.
I just want only season number, episode number, and title in the tag not all the meta
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.25 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07