Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Media label not updated when auto. changing link
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Invisibleman
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2018 :  20:47:48  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Dear all,

As I now move my movies to a bigger HDD, I selected Auto Update Movie Files (do not Prompt). And indeed the Movie links are updated to the new HDD. However the Media Label doesn't change and I can't find a way to automatic let them update anywhere.

The only way will be then I will need to select all Movie files manualy. But I think, this is not workable when you have lots of movies and the system should automatic update the Media Label when automatic change the movie file link.

Another option would be to add a command in XMM that you can select that the system will update the Media Label itself by the actual label.

By the way; Re-read Codec doesn't work for this.

Hans

Edited by - Invisibleman on 04 Mar 2018 20:51:23

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2018 :  20:55:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Have a look here: http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15422
Maybe that will do the trick.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Invisibleman
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2018 :  12:29:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Djommi,

I'm sorry, but I did try this, but doesn't work.

Regards,
Hans
Go to Top of Page

Invisibleman
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2018 :  19:15:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello JDommi,

Because I also made this post in the bug section, I here also post the reply as I did in my other post to you.

I tried all;

1- Re-read Codec - Didn't work
2- Removing the datafields in Access, then re-read Codec - Didn't work
3 - I did the file MediaInfo2 - Made only 1 HDD in the Folder List (J:/) and Auto Correct Moved files - Received message no files found.

So now I don't know what to do anymore. But it is important that the MediaLabel will follow the actual drive name and now it is a mess.

As I sorted the movies also by quality (UHD, FulL HD and Semi-Full HD) seperated on new HDD's. But the media labels are still the old. And MMX has no option to modify all those in 1 time. In order to make it correct again, I need to 6000+ times delete and select file again. This is too much work.

Regards,
Hans
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2018 :  21:43:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
When I have a little more time again I will try to make a function to correct the medialabel.
But at the moment I'm too busy with my job.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Invisibleman
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2018 :  13:08:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello JDommi,

Thanks that would be very nice. But please notice that the Media Label is mentioned on 2 different locations in the data base, when I check with Access.

Regards,
Hans
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2018 :  17:42:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
2 different locations? I think one for movies and one for the tvshows, or am I wrong?

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Invisibleman
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2018 :  11:16:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Djommi,

That I don't know. I will check this evening when I'm back from work and let you know the locations in the database.

Regards,
Hans
Go to Top of Page

Invisibleman
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2018 :  18:04:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Djommi,

I checked the database and for the movies the MediaLabel is inside;
- Movies
- MovieFileLinks

Regards and thanks,
Hans
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2018 :  18:32:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You're right!

I didn't have recognized that yet.
Would be interesting to know what happens when both values differ. Anyway one of these entries is needless.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Invisibleman
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2018 :  12:03:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Djommi,

I think that the MediaLabel in the Movie section will shown in the mainlisting and the 1 in MovieFileLink will shown when you are in the Menu where you can select the file. So I guess both are needed, otherwise it will become confusing. But I don't know why it is set up like this.

Regards,
Hans
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2018 :  17:36:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think it's simply a doubled field which Ale could eliminate.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Invisibleman
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2018 :  08:30:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello JDommi,

Today I did try again with changing the MediaLabels in Access Directly.

In the database label "MovieFilesLink" I filter on the drive letter and then I could change the MediaLabel manualy. When opening in XMM then this MediaLabel is only changed in the Edit>Files section. In the main listing, it is not changed.

So then I wanted to do the same in database label "Movies", but here it is not possible to do, as in there, there is no driveletter. And it is not possible, for me, to do a renaming based on old MediaLabels, because of my new system, the old MediaLabels can be split over multiple new MediaLabels.

Regards,
Hans
Go to Top of Page

Invisibleman
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2018 :  08:32:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Alessio,

Regarding this, I did send a mail to you 3 weeks ago already. And you didn't reply on this nor did you reply anything in this forum. Which I think is very bad and I may expect some form of reaction from XMM. As it is clearly an error which needs to be solved and now, the whole database is a mess, while I did as XMM was saying I needed to do.

So please solve this asap.

Regards,
Hans
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2018 :  09:52:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just a suggestion:
1. Remove all Medialabel fields and perform a Re-read Codec (right click on the selected movies in the MainGrid)
2. Menue -> Tools -> Database Tools (Movies) -> Field Functions -> Re-read Files (Size and MD5)
3. As the Medialabel in Movies is only the label name itself you could write a vba function to read the already corrected label from MovieFilesLink and store it in the apropriate field in Movies.
4. I can add that function to my plugin MediaInfo2XMM. But still I'm too busy (for my job) to do so. Maybe I can manage it in one or two weeks.

Important: Always keep a backup of your database!

*EDIT*
On your comments about Ale I only can agree...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Invisibleman
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2018 :  11:35:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Jdommi,

That option 1/2 I did try already but doesn't work. And that VBA function, here I don't know how.

Regards,
Hans
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2018 :  12:39:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Then I can only try to add it to the plugin a soon as possible.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07