Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Forum Italiano XMM 8
 Non vengono salvati i nuovi film aggiunti
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

AleŽ
Starting Member

Italy
25 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2017 :  01:15:30  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Mi sono appena accorto che sono parecchi giorni che XMM non aggiorna piů il database con i nuovi film o serie tv inseriti.
Finché non chiudo il software pare tutto a posto, ma se chiudo e riapro tutto quello che ho aggiunto č andato perso. In pratica sembra che il database non venga aggiornato.
Come posso risolvere?

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2017 :  09:43:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
How big is your database? About 2 GiB is the limit of every Access database.
When using the 32-bit release then try to do a "Compact & Repair".

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

AleŽ
Starting Member

Italy
25 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2017 :  18:51:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The .mdb file is about 70MB.
I've uninstalled the software and then re-installed back and it seems to work.
Now I've only to discover how to put the list in alphabetical order because after the reinstallation all movies are shuffled...
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2017 :  19:52:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just click on the column header of the MainGrid.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

AleŽ
Starting Member

Italy
25 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2017 :  21:29:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much!
Go to Top of Page

AleŽ
Starting Member

Italy
25 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2017 :  17:03:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Now, another problem.
When I import a new movie, everything seem to be ok.
I got pictures, plot, actors and everythings the import engine takes from the web page.
When I close XMM and then reopen it, the movie is still there but all I have imported is gone...
If I create a NEW database (whitout using the DB with all my movies inside) and try to insert some movie, after closing and reopening XMM everything is fine.
So I think that my database may have a problem but I cannot find WHERE is this problem.
I've tried to edit the DB with MSAccess but nothing seem bad.
Can you help me?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2017 :  19:33:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Only thing I can imagine is to use "Compact & Repair".
Maybe you can upload it to any server and I will try to do it for you.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

AleŽ
Starting Member

Italy
25 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2017 :  00:51:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Already done... Compact & Repair has no effect.
I've uploaded my db here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qpfkw5t6r0gtznd/Film%20completo_backup.mdb?dl=0
Can you try to see if there is some problem with the DB and tell me how to solve it?
Thank you very much.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2017 :  07:21:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I will have a look in the evening as I have to go to work now.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2017 :  17:31:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, the database structure itself seems to be ok for me. But there is a big gap between MovieID 6498 and 47400. Did you have manipulated the database manually? If so I think there is some kind of inconsistency that I can't find. What's strange, too: When adding a new movie there already is shown data that I didn't have typed in. Also on some of the "older" movies all actors are stored under awards.
I think this database really can be removed. It would last more time to find the inconsistency than to rebuild it.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

AleŽ
Starting Member

Italy
25 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2017 :  23:04:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I did not ever manipulated the DB. The only thing I can speculate is a trouble with the conversione from older version of XMM.
Now I will try to create a new DB and then cut/paste the field from the old to the new one.
Re-enter all films/TV series would be a endless work...
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2017 :  01:30:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good luck on that!

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

AleŽ
Starting Member

Italy
25 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2017 :  23:28:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
So, finally I've solved the trouble.
First I've created a new empty database and then I've cutted/pasted all the field in the table "movies" from the old database to the new one with MSAccess.
Then I've copied all images inside the directory "oldDBname_cover" to the directory "newDBname_cover".
Now the new DB works fine and I've recovered all the movies/TV Series from old DB.
There was certainly a problem in the old DB since its size was about 67MB. The new one with exactly the same movies/TV series is only 27MB.
Thanks for your support.

Edited by - AleŽ on 30 Oct 2017 23:29:32
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2017 :  10:55:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Think of the other tables, too!
Especially the Episodes and the MovieFilesLinks and the EpisodeLinks.
Even the people have their own table. But here are entries for more movies than you have in your old database.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

AleŽ
Starting Member

Italy
25 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2017 :  02:00:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You are right....
I have to retrieve also other tables.
Tomorrow I will try.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.2 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07