Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Forum Italiano XMM 8
 Problema inserimento immagini e cover
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Jerry

Italy
75 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2017 :  17:58:17  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Quando la ricerca di immagini e cover non produce risultati, il programma inserisce invece le ultime cover trovate e scaricate.
Quindi le stesse immagini, inserite erroneamente, si moltiplicano a dismisura, e si vedono come miniature di tutti quei titoli di film che non hanno trovato nessuna cover durante la scansione.
Inoltre queste stesse immagini vanno a "riempire" anche le miniature "vuote" degli attori.
L'unica (insoddisfacente) soluzione che ho trovato è quella di andare tramite un browser di immagini (per esempio FastStone) nelle directory relative del programma, cioè Photo e Thumbs, e cancellare manualmente l'incredibile proliferazione di immagini "sbagliate", cioè la stessa immagine (thumb o photo) applicata a un numero incredibile di nomi (film, attori) che non hanno nessun rapporto con l'immagine stessa.
Non so se posso aver sbagliato qualche settaggio perché, se si tratta veramente di un bug,rende veramente quasi impossibile utilizzare la funzione di ricerca cover.
Grazie a tutti per l'attenzione

Edited by - Jerry on 19 Aug 2017 18:02:54

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2017 :  18:29:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have informed Ale about.
Although I never have recognized that problem...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Jerry

Italy
75 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2017 :  19:25:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ok in the meantime I'll try other solutions and settings about it. If you didn't have the problem may be something is gone wrong in my system or settings. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Jerry

Italy
75 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2017 :  19:50:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I verified that in the example_photos folder also there are many image's repetitions: for instance 3 "Jennifer Lawrence" 2 "Robert De Niro" etc.. as well as in the example_cover folder.
I think you too should find these repetitions.

quote:
Originally posted by Jerry

Ok in the meantime I'll try other solutions and settings about it. If you didn't have the problem may be something is gone wrong in my system or settings. Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2017 :  20:32:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please give the full name of these multiple files. The standard file name format is number_actorname and number_actorname_xx.
If the first number is 0 then it is a very old bug from years ago revived. If not then I think Ale has forgotten to clear the field inside XMM's MagicScript. But that would be a new bug that only he himself can fix.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Jerry

Italy
75 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2017 :  02:12:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I verified: the first number of the multiple files is not 0.
Moreover in my image's databases there are often many "empty" thumbs and photo (4k or sometimes 0 byte, very strange).
I could think that every scanning by a a different script adds another duplicate of the same image. Is that a possible issue?
Thanx

quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

Please give the full name of these multiple files. The standard file name format is number_actorname and number_actorname_xx.
If the first number is 0 then it is a very old bug from years ago revived. If not then I think Ale has forgotten to clear the field inside XMM's MagicScript. But that would be a new bug that only he himself can fix.

Edited by - Jerry on 22 Aug 2017 02:31:11
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2017 :  07:19:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Of course!
I thought that you import with only one script...
I would suggest to disable the cover import with additional scripts then. For that you have to unselect that field in the script's options.
The 0-byte covers - maybe toggle the "Use Irfanview" option in XMM itself (Options -> tab "General"). Sometimes there are problems with this function.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Jerry

Italy
75 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2017 :  22:55:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I thought that the option to protect the fields from overwriting (already implemented, as you know)could work as well for the photo and thumbs fields (I mean to avoid unwanted repetitions)! Why not? This should be a great improvement!
I have now activated the "Use Irfanview" option, though I don't have Irfanview application installed. By now I can't see any difference.
Thanx

quote:

Of course!
I thought that you import with only one script...
I would suggest to disable the cover import with additional scripts then. For that you have to unselect that field in the script's options.
The 0-byte covers - maybe toggle the "Use Irfanview" option in XMM itself (Options -> tab "General"). Sometimes there are problems with this function.

Edited by - Jerry on 24 Aug 2017 22:58:56
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2017 :  07:28:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
I thought that the option to protect the fields from overwriting (already implemented, as you know)could work as well for the photo and thumbs fields (I mean to avoid unwanted repetitions)! Why not? This should be a great improvement!

No! It was an request to be able to store multiple pics especially as there are sometimes too less picture categories.
And think of TVShows where each season has a different cover. Also some users want to have multiple actor pics regarding to the character in a movie.
Only way would be to add an option to the scripts itself. But you can disable the import in the script options.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Jerry

Italy
75 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2017 :  16:43:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, I thought that a switchable option (just as the actual option to protect the fields from overwriting)could allow the users to choose about adding new images or avoiding unwanted repetitions.
Thanx

quote:

quote:

No! It was an request to be able to store multiple pics especially as there are sometimes too less picture categories.
And think of TVShows where each season has a different cover. Also some users want to have multiple actor pics regarding to the character in a movie.
Only way would be to add an option to the scripts itself. But you can disable the import in the script options.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07