Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 error on windows 10
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

etcohod
Starting Member

Yemen
7 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2017 :  07:07:35  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I recieve this error , on windows 10

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2017 :  08:58:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, I run XMM on Win10, too. But I never got that error.
When did you get this message (on which operation)?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

etcohod
Starting Member

Yemen
7 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2017 :  20:24:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
My database was working well. within windows 10.
I was working in adding movies .
somehow I downloaded the same version I am working on from the program application not from the web site in Firefox( stupid decision)
After that the program restarted, then I kept on adding movies. and closed as usual.
when I started the program again ,the message error appeared and gone after few seconds and all the added movies from last session (400) are not added.

when I make a new database the error is gone and every thing is Ok .
But when I open the effected database it appears again for a few seconds comtuning the program normally but I can not add any new movies.

I tried to convert the effected database to CSV format and import it to a new database, but it took a long time , and nothing is happening.
My data base is (1600 movies) .
Is there is any solution to re enter again . (not one by on)
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2017 :  20:35:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
At first always work on a copy of your database!

A possibility to repair:
Open the database directly with MS Access and do "Compact and Repair".
If you run the 32-bit release of XMM you can do that directly with XMM's "Database Tools".

Did you have originally installed the 32-bit or the 64-bit release of XMM? Maybe you have got a wrong release?
Already tried to install the (original) full release again?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

etcohod
Starting Member

Yemen
7 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2017 :  20:41:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks.
I will follow up your suggestion, and refer later on.
I am using licensed copy downloaded from the original site 32 released. (there is not any 64 version in the site)
I found in the forum link to 64 version and installed it.
maybe this is not the correct action.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2017 :  20:56:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm still using the 32-bit release as I still use Office 2003, too.
I once have installed the 64-bit release for testing purposes but that version was much slower than the other one.
Beside that my databases are far away from reaching the 2 GiB size limit of Access.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

etcohod
Starting Member

Yemen
7 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2017 :  21:04:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I did the steps you mentioned.
The database is ok and error message is gone.
Thanks a lot you saved my data and my time.
Another problems accrued:
The movies covers are blacked in some cards and appear in others.
for example :
covers are shown in simplecard.html
and blacked in deafult.html
any clue.?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2017 :  21:31:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good that your database is okay again

And no, I don't use the default.htm therefor I have no quick reply for that problem.
Anyway I recommend movie_bigcover. Have a look here, please: http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15268

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

etcohod
Starting Member

Yemen
7 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2017 :  21:46:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please note that :
All covers are black im all movie_big_cover cards.
and shown in all simple and basic cards.
this accured only for this mended database, otherwise all covers in all cards are shown in any other database I make.

Thanks anyway for your help,
I will try to search more in the forum regarding this problem.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2017 :  21:51:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If it's only this database then have a look if all related subdirectories are available in the same folder as your database.
Keep in mind that the name of the database has to be the same as all subdirectories.
Example.mdb + Example_Cover + Example_Photos + Example_Thumbs, etc.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07