Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 Device Scanner question for episode name
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

eloquintet
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2016 :  16:25:38  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Send eloquintet an AOL message  Send eloquintet an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

I discovered kind of by accident that when I scan my hard drive whatever is in the front of the filename before a hyphen is automatically popped into the title field. I am wondering if there is a file naming standard that would pop the episode name into a field?

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2016 :  17:30:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There is an option to remove phrases from the filename.
The naming standard I use myself without any problems is "SeriesName - SxxExx - EpisodeName".

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

eloquintet
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2016 :  18:32:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send eloquintet an AOL message  Send eloquintet an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am not using the episode field to capture episode names but instead am using the catalog number field for this. It is my recollection that I once I began using the program to try to capture where files were on streaming apps such as Roku or XBMC that I found a need to be able to populate multiple records with the same episode information and I could not achieve this using the episode field. If you say that based on the file naming standard you outlined that the episode name would automatically get populated upon device scan I may have to find another field for outlining where content is located. It would be great if there were a place where users could post videos demonstrating how they have used the program because sometimes it is hard to describe in words.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2016 :  18:51:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, there are a few Custom Fields that are still not in use where you can store the location. I think to remember that there is already existing a field for the location...

Pics and videos... unfortunately you only can provide the link to a server where you already have uploaded them.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

eloquintet
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2016 :  20:31:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send eloquintet an AOL message  Send eloquintet an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yeah I am already using the location field as a generic identifier but felt the need to to break it down further which required more than one field
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.22 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07