Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Missing Panels
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

music4al
Starting Member

Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2015 :  05:27:34  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I just updated to the latest version and when I rebooted the program..the structure of how I view my database disappeared, all I can now see is only the grid view or thumbnails view, I've gone to the show and hide panels section but it won't allow me to change to any of the listed panels such as treeview...everything was fine until I updated to the latest version, I do however get an error message at the bottom of the screen when I try to show panels

91-Object reference not set to an instance of an object...

Any thoughts.

Edited by - music4al on 09 Mar 2015 05:35:22

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2015 :  08:03:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Do you already have tried to reset the layout in the View menu?
If that does not work I would install the full version instead of the update. http://www.binaryworks.it/extrememoviemanager/download.aspx

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

music4al
Starting Member

Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2015 :  01:03:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Neither worked....
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2015 :  01:17:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, seems as if the layout is broken. Give it a try to rename the config.ini in your XMM folder and start the prog. That way you have to set all options again or do it the harder way and compare the values in the ini file.
For me "Reset Layout" always has shown the correct result. Strange that it did not for you...

*EDIT*
Of course you can do a manually backup of your WHOLE database http://www.binaryworks.it/cgi-bin/data/wiki/doku.php?id=backup_database
Then uninstall XMM and install it again.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

music4al
Starting Member

Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2015 :  05:45:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Had to manually backup everything....Uninstall and that fixed it.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2015 :  08:49:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Great

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

DrDeath
Starting Member

South Africa
10 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2018 :  08:45:56  Show Profile  Visit DrDeath's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have the same problem. I intalled the full download over the old one, that just gave errors and then I uninstalled it all and installed a clean version of 9.0.1.4 and new when I try to open it, I get this error "Exception of Type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown". I had nothing else on my pc running at that time. My Memory was using 2% of 64Gig and the CPU used 4% ... any idea of how to fix this?

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us invading that world, because they'd never expect it.
Go to Top of Page

DrDeath
Starting Member

South Africa
10 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2018 :  09:24:00  Show Profile  Visit DrDeath's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
following on.. I unstalled again and tried to install 9.0.1.3 and then again with 9.0.0.9 with the same result. I also got an error saying it can't connect to the database then wants to open a webpage and everything crashes. I reinstalled the Access database app but still the problem

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us invading that world, because they'd never expect it.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2018 :  10:01:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
I intalled the full download over the old one, that just gave errors

What kind of errors?

Please copy your own databases to any other folder and then uninstall XMM. After that have a look if there are any leftovers in your documents folder. At least install the latest full release again, copy your databases back and start XMM.
Maybe you have to reenter your activation code...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

DrDeath
Starting Member

South Africa
10 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2018 :  10:37:29  Show Profile  Visit DrDeath's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Error 1: "Exception of Type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown"
Error 2: "You do not have the drivers for connect to database...."

I have copied the databases, uninstalled and reinstalled (5 different versions, including the latest) and still the same problem. And after it shows those 2 errors windows bring up the "eXtreme movie manager has stopped working" window, and then everything closes down

Go to Top of Page

DrDeath
Starting Member

South Africa
10 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2018 :  11:20:56  Show Profile  Visit DrDeath's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
oh .. and it only get to the flash screen .. the main window never even opens.. so that's how far I get

Go to Top of Page

DrDeath
Starting Member

South Africa
10 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2018 :  13:20:11  Show Profile  Visit DrDeath's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
ok got it sorted. Had to install 8.4.3.0_64bit and then update it from there...

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2018 :  17:12:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ah, okay. 64-bit... I don't know if there is a 64-bit version of the latest XMM release.
And there is no "official" download link for the 64-bit release.

32-bit (official): http://www.binaryworks.it/download.asp?file=extrememm9.0.1.4.exe
64-bit (unofficial): http://www.binaryworks.it/download.asp?file=extrememm9.0.1.3_64Bit.exe

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

ivenholt
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2018 :  21:33:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
i have the same problem, i have uninstalled and reinstalled. When i first reinstall and open the program is fine but when i close it and reopen i am getting unhandled exception errors and the only panel i get is my database
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.24 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07