Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Games Manager Forum
 Suggestions/New Features
 Some Cutomizing Sugestions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

bobgamer
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2014 :  01:03:15  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I really like this program. I have a couple of suggestions for it.

1) A shelf on thumbnail view similar to GOG's game shelf on their website.

2) A zoom feature on thumbnail view.

3) Not have white borders on around thumbnails that don't match a certain aspect ratio.

4) Saving Pictures (box art) in database backup (I uninstalled the program because i thought I messed up something in a java script, and re-installed the program and restored a database. It did work but without all the pictures I put on the games).

5) A custom optional spacer for games in thumbnail view, like between steam games and retail games.

Just suggestions.

Edited by - bobgamer on 02 Dec 2014 01:04:17

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2014 :  10:02:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You can use the thumbnail view but I think it's limited to one column. Of course you can change it by rearranging the windows to show as row. Adjusting the size of the thumbs are bottom right at the Thumbnail Slider.
The white borders - there already was a discussion on it for the MovieManager but I can't remember if there was a solution.
For the database backup Ale intentionally has not included the pics as that needs too much time and space. For me I always make a manual backup after adding data.
Point 5: As I'm no gamer I even don't know the difference between steam and retail games... But that's anyway a suggestion only Ale can say something to.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

bobgamer
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2014 :  21:56:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for the reply. Steam is a digital downloading format. meaning you only have the data on your hard drive.Retail to me (although some would say boxed maybe) means I have bought the game from a retail store like Game stop or Amazon, and i have physical items such as game box CD's or DVDs and manual, which I prefer but is slowly dying out. I now put the words "Retail - Game Name", "Steam - Game Name" and so on.

I have games from:
Retail
Steam
GOG
Gamersgate
Origin
UPlay

and want to keep them organized.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2014 :  22:21:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Isn't there any field for this kind of category?
I will have a look tomorrow as I'm @work now.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

bobgamer
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2014 :  03:50:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have custom (downloaded) Icons for these formats. I named in the new formats in the menu field and put the icons in the format folder.

If anyone wants the icons I can upload them somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2014 :  09:52:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please send them with a short description to alessioviti -at- binaryworks.it and/or upload them to any webspace like dropbox or mediafire.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

bobgamer
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2014 :  01:19:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just Sent Them.
Go to Top of Page

bobgamer
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2014 :  07:51:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Without creating a new topic. I was wondering if I could change the color of the thumbnail area only in a JavaScript or XML. When this area is white, the thumbnails do not have a border. Again only the thumbnail area.

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2014 :  10:02:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think the cration of the thumbnails are hardcoded. So no chance to modify them by any settings.
Only the black film stripe behind the cover can be changed.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.24 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07