Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 HTML Templates
 Basic HTML Text Formating
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2014 :  17:03:42  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Since there is good selection of HTML templates for EMM you might want to add some basic HTML Codes directly to the text fields in your EMM database. This is especially useful to do some basic formatting of the 'Plot', 'Plot Synopsis', 'Goofs' or other sections with a lot of text.

Here are some basic HTML commands that are useful:
<br> will start a new line

<b>Bold Text</b> will print 'Bold Text' or anything else between the commands as bold

<u>Underlined Text</u> will print 'Underline Text' or anything else between the commands as underlined

<i>Italic Text</i> will print 'Italic Text' or anything else between the commands as Italic

I suggest the above notes be added to the EMM Wiki in the Section "Export Your Collection" under a new Page called 'HTML Text Formatting'

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2014 :  17:30:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
One big disadvantage to that: all these HTML codes are automatically stripped by the scripts. So you have to edit the text passages yourself.
I don't think that this hassle many people will take on...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2014 :  18:03:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

One big disadvantage to that: all these HTML codes are automatically stripped by the scripts. So you have to edit the text passages yourself.
I don't think that this hassle many people will take on...

These commands are meant to be used after you've used MagicScript to import the basic information. You're probably right that most users probably won't bother with these manual text formatting commands. But that's no reason not to provide users with the information on how to use them anyway.

Although the MagicScript does strip out HTML Codes, they do preserve the 'Carriage Return/Line Feed' so your text is formatted into separate paragraphs in the 'Detail Panel' of EMM. However, when you export your EMM database to HTML the 'Carriage Return/Line Feed/ information is lost or ignored so any long text passage displays as a single giant paragraph which is not very readable. Ideally at least this information should be preserved probably by changing 'Carriage Return/Line Feed' to <br> commands as part of the HTML export. Any suggestions on how to achieve this would appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2014 :  18:37:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Okay, if the export doesn't take care of linefeeds then Ale has to fix this as it's a bug.

You can share this info by participating on the wiki. You can register and write such a topic yourself. Maybe under "Tipps & Tricks" or something like that. Alternatively you can send me the description and I will upload it. But any help on the wiki is welcome!!!

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.21 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07