Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Music Manager
 Bugs Report
 Double Album Title
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Bohni
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2014 :  14:32:47  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hallo,
double album title by various artists when I have (eg Best Of) appear mixed them under the respective artists.

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2014 :  17:10:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi!
That problem is already known. It's a matter of how the database is designed.
Only work around is to not enter "Best Of" or "Live" but add the artist to. "Best Of [Artist]" or "[Artist] Live".

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Bohni
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2014 :  15:09:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for your note. Unfortunately, the problem is that I have to correct some 25,000 titles manually.
Too bad, because I have invested my money on the wrong software.
XMM I've been using for many years and am satisfied, but the Music Manager unfortunately still too many mistakes.

A beautiful greeting
Bohni

Edited by - Bohni on 10 Jan 2014 15:10:55
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2014 :  16:23:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just switch your grid to "Artists" and search for or filter "Best Of". Now edit each album by right click and rename it to a unique name as suggested above.
Okay it's still a little work. But I think that will be best way. For me I had to proceed about 250 album titles out of nearly 10,000 entries.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Bohni
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2014 :  19:39:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Leider habe ich erst jetzt gesehen, das Du (JDommi) auch der deutschen Sprache mächtig bist, da fällt es mir leichter mich auszudrücken.

Meine MP3-Sammlung ist pedantisch gepflegt (Tags,Cover,Namensgebung). Leider hat ein Konkurrenzprodukt ebenfalls große Probleme alle Daten einzulesen. Die letzte Hoffnung war Music Manager, aber leider werden da die Daten anhand der Namensgebung identifiziert und nicht nach Tags.

Wie gesagt, der Movie Manager gehört seit Jahren zu meinem Equipment und ich bin absolut zufrieden.

Frage: Wird der Music-Manager denn weiterentwickelt?

Gruss
Bohni
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2014 :  01:41:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Da ich deutsch schon ein paar Tage spreche, schätze ich mal dass ich ihrer einigermaßen mächtig bin
Gute Frage. Ich tippe mal, dass XMM auf jeden Fall Priorität hat.
Als reine Übersicht ohne zusätzliche Infos (außer manuellen) habe ich mir ein eigenes Programm geschrieben. Das liest allerdings auch nur die Dateinamen/Verzeichnisse ein ohne den Tag auszulesen. Dafür brauche ich für ca. 12.000 Titel auf Festplatte auch nur um die 5 Minuten, bei XMuM hat das ganze ungefähr 12 Stunden gedauert. XMuM brauchte auch noch jede Menge Nachbearbeitung, obwohl alles gut sortiert und mit MP3-Tags versehen ist.
Falls du Interesse an meinem Programm haben solltest, kann ich dir es gerne mit kurzer Anleitung zuschicken.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.23 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07