Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

EdwinD
Starting Member

Netherlands
5 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2013 :  13:22:58  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Click to see EdwinD's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have 2 different databases the files they contain are on different places on my network. So when i want to scan those collections for new movies i have to change the settings for device scanning. Also i need to change my default scripts. Can we have those settings on a per database level?

Greetz Edwin

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2013 :  16:04:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That's a really good idea. Some more information which could be saved on a per database level instead of globally:

• default / batch and "Quick" scripts (F6/F7/F8)

• Labels for Custom fields

• Treeview layout

It wouldn't be bad to also save grid layouts on a per db level but my guess is that this is too complicated (too much effort needed) to implement.

Go to Top of Page

av999
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2015 :  10:01:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Bump this request. database options that are database specific would be nice.
Go to Top of Page

EdwinD
Starting Member

Netherlands
5 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2016 :  15:23:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Click to see EdwinD's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Any chance this will ever be implemented?

Greetz Edwin
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2016 :  17:23:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think that won't be much effort.
Just load/save [databasename].ini instead of xmm.ini.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

av999
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2017 :  17:00:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
JDommi, Can you give more details on what I need to do to save database preferences? I'm not sure how I save the specific database .ini file and open it when I run xmm. It seems if I need to use different .ini files for my databases I would have to create and use separate start up icons for each .ini database file if that is possible. Just guessing.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2017 :  17:57:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
At the moment there "only" exists the standard config.ini in the main folder of XMM.
I would suggest to make database specific ini-files and save them under different names.
It would be easy to make a program or a simple batch file that will copy one of these config-files to config.ini and then automatically starts XMM. At least the device scanner folders are important for those user like me that use different databases as example for movies and tv shows.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2017 :  11:23:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wdbmxo6r916ohhh/XMMLoader.exe

First test... IMPORTANT: make a copy of your original config.ini, just to be on the safe side!

1. Open the loader and select a database - XMM will be started automatically
2. Do you settings
3. Close XMM - The loader will be closed, too

Now you should have an ini-file with the name of the path+database.
This can be done for all of your databases.

Next time you start the loader and select the same database this ini-file will be used. The original config.ini will be overwritten!

Any hints or suggestions are welcome!

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2017 :  10:52:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
As sometimes the copy routine seems to be too slow I have inbuilt a time delay of 3 seconds.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/d915twnl10tte4g/XMMLoader.exe

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2017 :  12:06:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, this should be working now.
The problem was that the last loaded database was not loaded out of the ini-file but out of a registry value.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6p9kx3n25u7zqrw/XMMLoader_V0.9.exe

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2017 :  11:21:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
http://www.mediafire.com/file/l7s89k2q1cafh15/XMMLoader_V1.0.exe

Now the FolderLists for the DeviceScanner are proceeded, too. These are outsourced into 2 different txt-files and not part of the configuration.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2017 :  22:24:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Final release! http://www.mediafire.com/file/zhgn0545yb4evg1/XMMLoader_V1.2.exe

Loads a database with it's own config.
It works from release 7 up to release 9. Later releases should be working, too.

1. Open the loader and select a database - XMM will be started automatically
2. Do you settings
3. Close XMM - The loader will be closed, too

Now you should have an ini-file with the name of the path+database.
Additionally FolderList.txt and FolderListTV.txt will be proceeded, too.

This can be done for all of your databases!

Next time you start the loader and select a database the related ini-file and the folder lists will be used - if they exist.

The checkmark is set in the case of an existing ini-file.

Important:
The loader must have the same level as you normally start XMM. So if XMM is startet with admin rights the loader has to be started with admin rights, too.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

av999
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2017 :  05:39:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
JDOMMI,

Thanks for all the great work. This really helped and should be integrated into the regular program some day.

Best Regards!
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2017 :  07:23:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Your words in Ale's ears

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

mnazmi

85 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2019 :  18:19:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, JDommi

Thank you very much for this program. I was using XMMLoader_V1.2 XMM9 with no problem. But when I install XXM10, I get an error when I run XMMLoader_V1.2
(fehler beim setzen der daten für 'DatabaseFile')

I run XMM10 and Loder both administrator rights.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2019 :  10:12:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ckprgpn289ev4ek/XMMLoader_V1.3.exe/file

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

mnazmi

85 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2019 :  11:35:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, JDommi

I tried the new version and it works. Thank you. But I have problem. (This issue was also in the previous version)
I have two databases as Movie and TV serie. I open my movie database and I make the necessary adjustments and close them. It create it's own ini database
Then I open the TV serie database and make the necessary adjustments and close them And It creat it's own ini database too.
When I run the Loader, I see both databases.
But I have two problems.

1. The changes I made to both databases do not apply separately and the change I made in my most recent database is valid.
2. I run the Loder , select one of the databases and open it (for example Movie) then close . If I run loder again I see only the last database I open.(movie)
does not appear other database .(Tv serie)

To fix this, go to "config.ini" and find out MostRecentDB add other database adress (which I can't see in Loder). I've seen both databases when I re-run the Loder

What am I doing wrong ?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2019 :  11:59:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
1. I always start the loader and select a database. When I wanna open another one I close XMM, the loader closes, too. Then I restart the loader. Only this way I always have the correct settings for each database incl. new settings for.

2. For me I have managed to work on 3 databases and on every start of the loader I can see/select all of them.
One possibility could be that you have to start the loader as admin... For me I start XMM always with admin rights therefor the loader has to be started with admin rights, too.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

mnazmi

85 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2019 :  13:13:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think there's a mistake on my way I'm following. Let me tell you what I did, please show me your correct way

I install my XMM on documents folder (default folder). I put Loder in the same folder. I'm running both the loder and XMM administrator rights.
I put my movie and TV show databases in the Databases folder XMM. In the In this way, the Databeses folder in the same place as the example, movie and tv show databases.
When I first run the loder, I see only example. I don't see movies and tv show databases.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2019 :  20:11:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You are speaking of a completely fresh installation?
Then go this way:
1. Start XMM without the loader and open all available databases one after another. This way the ini file contains all your databses.
2. Close XMM
3. Now start the loader and open the wanted database. Do your settings and close XMM.
4. Continue step 3 for all of your databases.

When starting with a very new database after these steps you have to open the new database out of the "loaded" XMM. Keep in mind to not modify the settings for this new database after changing in XMM directly.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

mnazmi

85 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2019 :  13:32:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
My all problems was solved when I did the fresh installation as you described it. Now each database is loaded with its own settings and
I see three databases every time I run the Loder (movie, example and TV show)
Thank you for your interest.

I have two questions more

1. I don't want to see the example database on the loader (I'll delete example database from the Databases folder ) what should I do?
2. What if I install the new update (Release 10.0.0.2), will I change my previous settings?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.23 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07