Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 When clicking an actor...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

don_ngen
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2011 :  19:02:36  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
A new bug has occurred for me in my DB. Whenever I click an actor on the movie HTML card, it takes me to a list of files instead of actually showing the actor.

The link to all actors, producers and what not is: file:///C:/Program%20Files/eXtreme%20Movie%20Manager%207/. I havent moved any files or changed anything since last time I loaded up XMM

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2011 :  20:10:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That should only happen when the actor isn't in the database.
Are the actor pics shown on the movie card correctly?
Please check if it happens on every actor AND the actor is in your DB.
By the way which version do you use? Since release v7 the program path should be in C:/documents and settings/...
And what HTML Card do you use?
Something must have been changed after your last use.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

don_ngen
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2011 :  21:09:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for the reply. The only thing I've "changed" is updating XMM and scripts.

It happens to all actors, but pictures and information is showing if you access the Actors database.

HTML card is movie.htm

EDIT: I just found out it does the same thing if I click the shortcuts "Edit Actor" or "Import/Update Actor from the internet" in the actor window. Also the actor layout seems weird.

EDIT: It does it with all links in the HTML card window, even Play and and Play Trailer. Changing card template does not help.

Edited by - don_ngen on 31 May 2011 21:26:14
Go to Top of Page

don_ngen
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2011 :  21:14:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Here is screenshots:

When I click any actor:

Actor window seems odd looking

Edited by - don_ngen on 31 May 2011 21:21:23
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2011 :  21:46:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I suggest to change to movie_bigcover.htm. Hopefully that will correct the behaviour again.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2011 :  21:52:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think for some reason Javascript is deactivated or defective on his pc at least for XMM. Just look at the Actors Card, all thing with javascript doesn't work. (Image Size, Tabs, ...)
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2011 :  22:18:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
True, but I thought as it's an old html card it could be because of an old java source included...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2011 :  22:20:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
But Actors, Episode and Boxset Card is always the new one, since you can only change the main Movie Card
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2011 :  22:43:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You are right I think. But what happens when different jquery sources are included?

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

moviefan67
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2011 :  22:39:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have the same problem after update. I tried anything with no success. I have no further idea yet and need help. I changed nothing in my database?
Go to Top of Page

don_ngen
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2011 :  10:16:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I dont know what is wrong.
This is what I've tried to sort it out - and still no luck.

• Clean re-install of XMM

• Created a new database and installed a few movies to test it

• Re-install of Java

• Updated IE to 9

• Deleted all movies in my main db and re-installed them

Nothing works - it still just opens up the internal URL when clicking on an actor, or trying to play the movie, etc, etc.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.23 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07