New IMDB script by FreakBrother...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2004 :  00:03:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by amikacin
I woul only suggest one more thing: to be able to keep the year in the original title, if one wanted so. It is impossible in all the latest scripts.

Thanx for the great work.

Sorry for the delay
I've added an option for it now (variable #44#).
(The link for the script is in my first post )
Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2004 :  11:03:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@donnyj
I updated the script to use your code for taking the "movie ID" now
The only thing I changed was this line:
#COMPUTECURSOR#=+48
when that was used then it missed the first number in the movie ID and the consequence was that the script didn't take all the information and it also made the "UPDATE MODE 3" not work.
So I changed it to:
#COMPUTECURSOR#=+47
And it works like it should. Thanks for sharing your code
Go to Top of Page

Ian
Starting Member

Belgium
25 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2004 :  16:37:03  Show Profile  Visit Ian's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
lovely work you are doing on this script.

I am wondering if there is anyway to:
==> stop the import list from showing the entries which have(VG)after the title. I guess these are VIEDO GAMES, and I would rather have a seperate script if I wanted to import video games.

thanks again for your hard work on scripts.
Go to Top of Page

pdavit
Starting Member

33 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2004 :  20:07:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by FreaKBrother
1) Fixed: The movielist only showed the title, like this: "Max" and not with the year: "Max (2002/II)".

Trying to download "Max (2002/I)" causes the following error while importing
the specific movie:

Error on Script Expression: The #FINDLINE# Instruction is not complete !Line : 661
Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2004 :  00:37:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Try to download the script again and import without making any changes to the script.
Did that work?

If it did then I suspect that it's this line that you have problem with:

The character before "awaiting 5 votes." is a linebreak and you have probably made changes in the script (maybe you changed some options?). Then when you saved the script it didn't save the right character but inserted a "real" linebreak instead.
So when the script runs it reads the command as:
#FINDLINE#=</b>
instead of like it is in the picture.

If you did make changes to the script which you saved what program did you use to edit the script with?
Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2004 :  01:11:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

==> stop the import list from showing the entries which have(VG)after the title. I guess these are VIEDO GAMES, and I would rather have a seperate script if I wanted to import video games.

Thank you

Yes I guess it would be possible to modify the script to not show the video games (VG) entries but I'm not sure that it's worth the effort. In my experience it rarely shows any VG (but I guess it depends on what kind of movies you have).

Is it distractive to have the VG entries in the list? Do you get many VG entries when you're importing?
Can you give me an example to search for?
Go to Top of Page

pdavit
Starting Member

33 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2004 :  02:08:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
If you did make changes to the script which you saved what program did you use to edit the script with?

Only thing I changed was the actors number for download from all to just 8.

I used PSPad to edit the script.

But the problem is not my editor. I used the default script without touching
it and the problem was still there! BTW, I haven't updated yet to the new
version. I'm using v2.9b4 on WinXP Pro Eng SP2 if that helps.
Go to Top of Page

antwalsh
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2004 :  23:15:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm not able to open your webpage to download the script Freakbrother.
Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2004 :  01:25:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That's strange, it works fine from here
But if it doesn't work for you then you can get it from this link
that Alessio posted on the main page
http://www.binaryworks.it/extrememoviemanager/files/scripts/2004-12-22.IMDBPack.zip
Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2004 :  01:50:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@pdavit
Maybe my explaination wasn't that good let me try to explain again what is wrong.
After I read that you used the program PSPad I installed it and checked.
PSPad changes how the linebreaks are in the scriptfile but Notepad doesn't.

Try this: Open the script with Notepad and search for "awaiting 5 votes" and you will find the line that is the trouble.

Here is how it should look when viewed in Notepad:

Here's how it looks in Notepad after you open the script in PSPad and save the file:
(doesn't matter if you changed something or not as long as you saved the file)
This causes the error since the #FINDLINE# command has now been split in to two rows instead of one.

Does the scriptfile look like the first or the second picture when you view the script in Notepad?

Edited by - FreaKBrother on 23 Dec 2004 01:58:55
Go to Top of Page

Ian
Starting Member

Belgium
25 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2004 :  03:09:50  Show Profile  Visit Ian's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

PS.. Isn't that a UNIX EOL character in that script problem U are trying to debug for another person in this thread ?
Thank you

Yes I guess it would be possible to modify the script to not show the video games (VG) entries but I'm not sure that it's worth the effort. In my experience it rarely shows any VG (but I guess it depends on what kind of movies you have).

Is it distractive to have the VG entries in the list? Do you get many VG entries when you're importing?
Can you give me an example to search for?

Yes F_B tnx for reply.

Ok , I had a comment here, but deleted it as now that I used your new script with changes so that TITLE (YEAR) shows, it also shows TITLE (VG), in the selection window, so I no longer have to worry about this problem.

I can't do any more test work on the script right now as the IMDB files are DL'ing @ 0.9 KB for me. Everyone must be looking for Xmas rentals. LOL

I hope the Slow download was due to IMDB heavyload, but can't tell if it has to do with the script, as this is 1st time I use it. The time to get this one movie was 5 minutes. (I did 500 movies last week with your previous script and am on 6mbit cable connection, so that is not the problem)

============= SCRIPT QUESTIONS =============
I tested with Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (2003)

I do notice something odd. Your previous script gave all the information I wanted. This new one(22DEC2004) failed to DL the following:
1) Plot
2) Tagline
3) Studio
4) Official Web
5) Region
6) Edition
7) Screen Ratio
8) Audio Format (here only one odd solid rectangle character was entered).
9) Comments

These are the options I set:
// #30# = The dividing string that is used in the movietitlelist.
    #PUT#=-------------------------------------#30#
    // #31# = Web address for iMDB that is used by the script when it collects the information.
    #PUT#=http://www.imdb.com#31#
    // #32# = The number of actors you want the script to take.
    // "All available" = 0
    #PUT#=10#32#
    // #33# = Take the "iMDB name" of actors and directors. Like this "Stephen Fisher (I)".
    // If this is enabled the script will be much slower but it's very useful if you
    // add the actors to the "actors database" because they get unique names.
    // "Enable"  = 1
    // "Disable" = 0
    #PUT#=0#33#
    // #34# = Take the "iMDB name" of producers, writers, photographer, musicians. Like this "Stephen Fisher (I)".
    // "Enable"  = 1
    // "Disable" = 0
    #PUT#=0#34#
    // #35# = Set to the maximum amount of "genres" (categories) the script should take.
    // If you want the "genres" only to have the first genre and the rest to be placed in "subgenres"
    // then you should set this to "1" and set the #36# (subgenres) to 0.
    // "All available" = 0
    #PUT#=1#35#
    // #36# = Set to the maximum amount of "subgenres" (subcategories) the script should take.
    // If you want the "genres" only to have the first genre and the rest to be placed in "subgenres"
    // then you should set this to "0" and set the #35# (genres) to 1.
    // "All available" = 0.
    #PUT#=0#36#
    // #37# = Keeps track of what page is the default one used by the "Script Engine"
    // "Main Details" = 0
    // "Combined Details" = 1
    #PUT#=0#37#
    // #38# = Stores the site ID (MovieID) for the movie.
    #PUT#=1#38#
    // #39# = Specifies if you want only the first "Country" or all of them.
    // "All countries available" = 0
    // "Only the first country" = 1
    #PUT#=0#39#
    // #40# = Specifies if you want only the first "Language" or all of them.
    // "All languages available" = 0
    // "Only the first language" = 1
    #PUT#=0#40#
    // #41# = Stores the URL for the movie, "Combined Details" page.
    #PUT#=1#41#
    // #42# = Take the characters name that the actors play together with actors name. Like this "Woody Allen (Alvy Singer)".
    // "Enable"  = 1
    // "Disable" = 0
    #PUT#=1#42#
    // #43# = Add the producers, writers, photographer, musicians to the "actors database".
    // "Enable"  = 1
    // "Disable" = 0
    #PUT#=0#43#
    // #44# = Include year in the original title. Like this "King Cobra (1999)"
    // "Enable"  = 1
    // "Disable" = 0
    #PUT#=1#44#
    // #45# = Add movie awards.
    // "Enable"  = 1
    // "Disable" = 0
    #PUT#=1#45#

Edited by - Ian on 23 Dec 2004 06:27:13
Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2004 :  12:54:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@Ian
Yes, you're right the other problem is a UNIX EOL character problem.
But as long as you use Notepad (there are probably other programs that works the same way as well) then it isn't a problem.

Thanks Ian for posting so much information about the problem with the script
That makes it much easier to look for the bugs.

I think that it might be the script that is slow and not the iMDB site.

I'll try to find some time to solve the bugs.
If you want to help then I could send you the script when I've modified it so you can try it and help me locate any remaining bugs (if there are any)
If you want to do that then send me a private message with your email adress

EDIT:
@Ian
There is nothing wrong with the script itself but you have changed two options, #38# and #41#.
This is what you had:
    #PUT#=1#38#

#PUT#=1#41#

The script checks to see if these have value "0" and if they don't then it assumes that they have the right information.

For example if you run the script and try to import information about the movie
"Lara Croft Tomb Raider - The Cradle of Life" then it will assume that:
"Movie ID" is "1"
"Combined Details" page adress is "http://www.imdb.com/Details?1"

When it should be:
"Movie ID" = "0325703"
"Combined Details" page adress = "http://www.imdb.com/Details?0325703"

So change the settings for #38# and #41# to "0":
    #PUT#=0#38#

#PUT#=0#41#

and the script should now work like it should again

I did notice that "User comments" weren't taken properly by the script though and I'll upload a fixed script in a little while.

EDIT:
Uploaded the new script (2004-12-23.IMDBPack.zip).
(Link is in my first post in this thread )

Edited by - FreaKBrother on 23 Dec 2004 16:04:35
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2004 :  20:56:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have upload it just now, the name of the file is the old one, but the files are updated

Thank you Freak!

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

Ian
Starting Member

Belgium
25 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2004 :  00:23:36  Show Profile  Visit Ian's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@Freak.. Thnx very much for the detailed reply.

I'd love to help U with any debugging scripts etc. I tried to P.M. you, but I'm sorry to admit. I can't figure out how to send a personal message at this forum. I'm more used to PHP fourms.

I'll change my options & try the new script after the holiday festivities.

For the person with the Unix EOL problem, if he still wants to use his same application. I have a small (15kb)UNIX-WIN EOL convertor which works instantly and needs no installion. I can send it to Alessio if he wants to host it as a UTIL, or to pass it on to the member. (Freeware)

Go to Top of Page

nickske
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2004 :  23:21:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, i use your script alot but i get this error sometimes for the movies I import --> Error on Script Expression:#OPENNEWWEB#, The poster Images isn't valid!Line: 1231 and it comes back 5/6 times

any help?

movie where i get the bug: Bill and Ted's Bogus journey and also Monsters inc and some others

Edited by - nickske on 25 Dec 2004 23:23:03
Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2004 :  15:23:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nickske

Hi, i use your script alot but i get this error sometimes for the movies I import --> Error on Script Expression:#OPENNEWWEB#, The poster Images isn't valid!Line: 1231 and it comes back 5/6 times

any help?

movie where i get the bug: Bill and Ted's Bogus journey and also Monsters inc and some others

Wait for a little while until I have posted the 26.Dec.2004 script. I will upload it in half an hour.
Then try this:
1) Download the script and save it in the script folder.
(Don't open the script with any "text editor program".)
2) Try to import the information for "Bill and Ted's Bogus journey".

Does that work?

If that works and you want to change some of the settings in the script
then use the program "notepad" as editor.

EDIT:
I've uploaded the new script now.

Edited by - FreaKBrother on 26 Dec 2004 16:15:45
Go to Top of Page

donnyj

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2004 :  11:23:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ok, as before, I have no real idea what I am doing =]

I removed 2 or 3 superfluous "<br>"'s from the #STRING#= commands so they don't show up in the Awards sectiom, but I haven't figured out how to add a ", " between the people, so I get: (From Airforce One) (Also notice the leading blank lines....

"

ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards
1998 - Won - ASCAP Award for Top Box Office FilmsJoel McNeely

Academy Awards, USA
1998 - Nominated - Oscar for Best Film EditingRichard Francis-Bruce
1998 - Nominated - Oscar for Best SoundPaul MasseyRick KlineDoug HemphillKeith A. Wester

American Cinema Editors, USA
1998 - Nominated - Eddie for Best Edited Feature FilmRichard Francis-Bruce

Awards of the Japanese Academy
1998 - Nominated - Award of the Japanese Academy for Best Foreign Film

BMI Film #38; TV Awards
1998 - Won - BMI Film Music Award for Jerry Goldsmith

Bambi Awards
1997 - Won - Bambi for DirectionWolfgang Petersen
1997 - Won - Bambi for Film - InternationalHarrison Ford

Blockbuster Entertainment Awards
1999 - Nominated - Blockbuster Entertainment Award for Favorite Actor - VideoHarrison Ford
1998 - Won - Blockbuster Entertainment Award for Favorite Supporting Actress - Action/AdventureGlenn Close
1998 - Nominated - Blockbuster Entertainment Award for Favorite Actor - Action/AdventureHarrison Ford
1998 - Nominated - Blockbuster Entertainment Award for Favorite Supporting Actor - Action/AdventureGary Oldman

Bogey Awards, Germany

Cinema Audio Society, USA
1998 - Nominated - CAS Award for Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing for a Feature FilmPaul Massey (re-recording mixer)Doug Hemphill (re-recording mixer)Rick Kline (re-recording mixer)Keith A. Wester (production mixer)

Golden Satellite Awards
1998 - Nominated - Golden Satellite Award for Outstanding Film EditingRichard Francis-Bruce,

MTV Movie Awards
1998 - Nominated - MTV Movie Award for Best FightHarrison FordGary Oldman
1998 - Nominated - MTV Movie Award for Best VillainGary Oldman
"

Go to Top of Page

donnyj

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2004 :  11:24:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just noticed missing information for (at least) the Bogey Awards section

Bogey Awards, Germany
Year Result Award Category/Recipient(s)
1997 Won Bogey Award

is listed as: "Bogey Awards, Germany" and nothing else
Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2004 :  20:21:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@donnyj
I'm going to try the award import and see how it works. I haven't really used it myself yet

EDIT:
Yes you're right, it does miss some information

So what you want to do is get rid of the <br> tags and fix some of the formating, like adding "," between the names?
And of course make sure that all the information is imported

Edited by - FreaKBrother on 27 Dec 2004 20:34:04
Go to Top of Page

donnyj

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2004 :  13:01:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, getting rid of the <br> tags was fairly easy but how to add spacing, punctuation and yes, getting all the correct information would be an added bonus
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.25 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07