Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

andersonjondarwin
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2011 :  03:30:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I tried the revised script for IMDB Complete.

Sorry - XMM still hangs. I tried to update the movie Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame (2010). It got to the same point - it was importing the actors or the actor pictures and then it just stopped responding. I had to kill it.

It must be very difficult for you because it seems like IMDB keeps changing their site all the time. I wish I knew how to write the scripts myself because if I did know how then I would try to do it myself.

So thanks for the hard work. I'll keep my eyes open and keep trying.
Go to Top of Page

KCWhiteKnight

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2011 :  08:16:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, I did some checking to like you asked. I was able to download all the information including the actors, however the information I got was name and picture with no detail. When I tried to add the actors to the database the same result. I would guess they are still in the process of making changes but wanted to make you aware since you asked us to look and check the results. =)

Chad
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2011 :  12:11:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Here all works still including Actors download. I have the feeling that IMDB.com changes the site first for North America and later for the rest of the world.

The Actors site hasn't changed yet, at least with an german (non-american) IP-Address. Only the normal Movie/TV Show Pages have changed. It looks like all error reports at the moment are from people with american IP's.

It's wouldn't be the first time on the IMDB.com site that people with North American IP's get a different site than all other people.

I hope that IMDB.COM doesn't localize there site now, depending on IP-Address location. That would be very bad for the script's, because of course i can't change anything then for other region than my own.
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2011 :  14:04:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just tried again with an empty test database. So that all Data has to be imported.

- Middle Men (2009)
- Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame (2010)

Both imported completely including Actors with complete info.
Go to Top of Page

KCWhiteKnight

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2011 :  17:18:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I started a new clean database and added the movie 12 Rounds using the IMDB.COM (Complete).txt next I added the movie 1408 using the IMDB.COM (Fastest).txt. The first downloaded all the information and pictures for the actors. The second downloaded names, pictures and IMDB code with no detail. I then went to update those actors using the IMDB.COM (Actors) script. While it ran and progessed fine, it did not display and store any of the detail data.

If you need me to try some other things, please ask. I'm fairly new to this program and learning.
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2011 :  17:30:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by KCWhiteKnight

I started a new clean database and added the movie 12 Rounds using the IMDB.COM (Complete).txt next I added the movie 1408 using the IMDB.COM (Fastest).txt. The first downloaded all the information and pictures for the actors. The second downloaded names, pictures and IMDB code with no detail.

That is normal. The Fastest only downloads some sub-pages and information to make it fast. If you want complete info you need to use the (Complete) Script.

quote:
I then went to update those actors using the IMDB.COM (Actors) script. While it ran and progessed fine, it did not display and store any of the detail data.

Strange... Did you activate the Check-box for Replace old Data in Scripts Dialog and in XMM Options deactivate the Check-Box to only import in black fields? (don't know the exact english names of the Boxes because of the german translation of XMM)

Edited by - Prinz on 09 Apr 2011 17:31:25
Go to Top of Page

kirill2785

Israel
332 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2011 :  17:55:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send kirill2785 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
imdb stopped importing some fields, including: studio, music, producer,writer,distributor,photographer...

kirill2785
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2011 :  18:06:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
All working here with the fix i posted yesterday (Last message one page back)
Go to Top of Page

kirill2785

Israel
332 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2011 :  18:14:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send kirill2785 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
also actors are not imported anymore.

kirill2785
Go to Top of Page

KCWhiteKnight

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2011 :  18:33:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Prinz

quote:

I started a new clean database and added the movie 12 Rounds using the IMDB.COM (Complete).txt next I added the movie 1408 using the IMDB.COM (Fastest).txt. The first downloaded all the information and pictures for the actors. The second downloaded names, pictures and IMDB code with no detail.

That is normal. The Fastest only downloads some sub-pages and information to make it fast. If you want complete info you need to use the (Complete) Script.

Thanks, like I said I'm learning.

quote:
I then went to update those actors using the IMDB.COM (Actors) script. While it ran and progessed fine, it did not display and store any of the detail data.

Strange... Did you activate the Check-box for Replace old Data in Scripts Dialog and in XMM Options deactivate the Check-Box to only import in black fields? (don't know the exact english names of the Boxes because of the german translation of XMM)

The Replace Check-box was defaulted to checked replace old data. So I didn't change that. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by only import in black fields. If you mean the advanced settings nothing is checked there. Actually there aren't any boxes to check just the ones about direct link so I must not be looking in the right place.

Edited by - KCWhiteKnight on 09 Apr 2011 18:38:45
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2011 :  18:40:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by only import in black fields. If you mean the advanced settings nothing is checked there.

Not the Import Dialog.

I mean the XMM Options in the Main Menu.
Go to Top of Page

KCWhiteKnight

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2011 :  19:23:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

quote:
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by only import in black fields. If you mean the advanced settings nothing is checked there.

Not the Import Dialog.

I mean the XMM Options in the Main Menu.

Thanks, I'm with you now. First, let me say I really appreciate your help. There is so much to this software so it will take a little time to figure it all out but I'm learning and having fun. Those were unchecked as well. I have to do some more looking at things like when I update the actors and get their direct link and it says next phase when it goes to the next screen it says can't find movie in the database and I'm trying to understand that logic is since it's not the movie I'm updating nor the movie script I'm using and the movie is in the database.

Again, thanks.
Go to Top of Page

andersonjondarwin
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2011 :  22:19:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
An update:

I just added the following movie to XMM: The Brass Bottle (1964).

I used IMDB.com (Complete) script to import movie information and it all worked OK - including the actors and actor pix.

WooHoo!
Go to Top of Page

klogd
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2011 :  00:27:33  Show Profile  Visit klogd's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

IMDB.COM website changes (new subpage link system)

I tried to fix them. Please check if all Fields are imported again.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ufu1a4c533z5t7k

I tried this script on the latest XMM(7.1.1.7), and I got the following error message while trying to import episodes to a TV show:

"Error on Script expression: The #GOTO# Instruction cannot find the Label: ACTORSFROMMAINEPWEBPAGE"

I clicked continue, and all the selected episodes were added. XMM then froze and had to be terminated forcefully when it returned to the main list view (this might be unrelated to the script, did not happened when I tried it again with only 2 episodes)

When restarting, the episodes are there, but no actors are added, 'original title' is set but 'title' is not. season and number is there, so is the plot, trivia and air date. but imdb rating and all other fields are not set :/

Edited by - klogd on 10 Apr 2011 00:30:36
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2011 :  01:07:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ok. old copy and paste bug. That label doesn't exist anymore for some time. Replaced with the correct label.

Edit: I was mistaken, it's all new system... i wont change anything tonight anymore, I'm obviously to tired to make any changes now. I look tomorrow again.

Edited by - Prinz on 10 Apr 2011 01:21:32
Go to Top of Page

auslander
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2011 :  11:58:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello!
I have a problem with the IMDB complete script. It only downloads the first actor from the cast. For example, when I update http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073486/ I see only Michael Berryman - Ellis.

LE: If I use ReUpdate Info for each movie individually, it downloads the entire cast.

Edited by - auslander on 10 Apr 2011 15:39:48
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2011 :  16:30:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
- Fixed the old/wrong Label: ACTORSFROMMAINEPWEBPAGE

http://www.mediafire.com/?s0u5bc466oktqhu

Other Problems i can't reproduce. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073486/ imports completely here.
Go to Top of Page

fege

Yugoslavia
152 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2011 :  18:40:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I noticed this problem long time ago, but didn't report it.
Problem:Comments section.

From time to time, there is no space between words in comments section.
Recent example is : Remember me (2010).

Life Lessons are the Hardest to Learn, 14 March 2010
Author: cgerrits from Baltimore, MD

Have you ever noticed how some people can teach you life lessons about who you are what you hold dear? Have you ever passed a stranger and wondered what tragedy they've endured in their lifetime? Have you ever asked why me...or better yet, why NOT me?

Life lessons are often the hardest to learn and you never know who's going to be the instructor. Sometimes it's an actual teacher who fulfills that role. Sometimes it's a friend. Sometimes it's a parent. And while you could argue that we really already know deep down the things these instructors reveal to us, it stands to reason that a reminder now and again about who we are and what we hold dear can and should serve as wake up call or guiding light as we navigate our lives.

And this film, well, I think it reinforces that the inner revelations we oftentimes try to ignore, deny, suppress, and trivialize should be recognized. And valued.

Thoughtful and touching, the film resonates after the lights come up. It's been a long time since a film followed me home.

Kudos to the writers and the cast. Well done all around.

When that comment is imported into XMM I got: (i put in BOLD words without space)

Have you ever noticed how some people can teach you life lessons aboutwho you are what you hold dear? Have you ever passed a stranger andwondered what tragedy they've endured in their lifetime? Have you everasked why me...or better yet, why NOT me?

Life lessons are often the hardest to learn and you never know who'sgoing to be the instructor. Sometimes it's an actual teacher whofulfills that role. Sometimes it's a friend. Sometimes it's a parent.And while you could argue that we really already know deep down thethings these instructors reveal to us, it stands to reason that areminder now and again about who we are and what we hold dear can andshould serve as wake up call or guiding light as we navigate our lives.

And this film, well, I think it reinforces that the inner revelationswe oftentimes try to ignore, deny, suppress, and trivialize should berecognized. And valued.

Thoughtful and touching, the film resonates after the lights come up.It's been a long time since a film followed me home.

Kudos to the writers and the cast. Well done all around.
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2011 :  19:23:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
- Removed 2 trim commands in each comment block

Hopefully the bug is fixed. It' problematic to test because imdb.com randomizes the comments each time you import something.

Removed: Not working.

Edited by - Prinz on 10 Apr 2011 21:00:36
Go to Top of Page

fege

Yugoslavia
152 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2011 :  20:32:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Problem is still there. Tried with the Cobra, and there is even more words without space than before.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.22 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07