New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2010 :  19:41:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
- removed non-existing Option PhotoGallery
- fixed non-working DirectLink from CustomField 8

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?c2eytbc544y4vx1
Go to Top of Page

merlino
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2010 :  23:11:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Prinz for the update.
May be realistic to grab locations and soundtraks from the site ?
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2010 :  03:38:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The main Problem with adding something new is that we already used all Custom-Fields with the exception of Custom4, but that is a Drop-down Field so uses are limited.

To add new data we need new Custom Fields... Maybe that could be an something for the Suggestions / New Features Subforum http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=3

What could be interesting?

- locations
- soundtrack
- memorable quotes
- Parents Guide
- Technical specifications
- literature listings

That already would be 6 new Database Fields...
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2010 :  04:01:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Guys,

I will try to take a look at your idea to add new more fields.

Thank you!

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

merlino
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2010 :  08:34:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
IMDB have a lot of information.
My 2 cent is for:
Locations >>> there is also special tourism about it)
Soundtracks >>> do you remember the song of Kate & Leopold film credits......Hum!..... Oh yes Sting, but don't remember the title !!
Photos >>> there are a lots of no possible to take it in gallery ?
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2010 :  09:12:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by merlino
Photos >>> there are a lots of no possible to take it in gallery ?

I just don't see any reason to take most of the Photos from the gallery. Most of them are simply Photos of Actors at the premiere and such events, which has not much to do with the movie itself. I personally think these Photo are mainly a waste of HDD Space and Download-Time.
Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1024 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2010 :  12:02:56  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@Prinz

Nice that you think about integrating more options to IMDB scripts.

Highly recommended for me:
- memorable quotes
- plot keywords
- soundtrack listing !!!!
- movie connections (maybe with hyperlinking on the moviecards)

Also useful:
- filming locations
- crazy credits
- alternative versions
- technical specs
- literature listings

BTW: Are you the "Prinz" from the DVBViewer forum?

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2010 :  15:48:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mawu
BTW: Are you the "Prinz" from the DVBViewer forum?

No. I don't even have a DVB-PC-Card.
Go to Top of Page

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2010 :  03:36:49  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I would also like to ask for one additional field to be added. In the IMDB database I've noticed a lot of the new movies contain both the traditional 40 to 50 word 'Plot' description of a film as well as a far more detailed 200-300 word 'Plot Synopsis'. I prefer the shorter 'Plot' for the HTML card and the NMT data. However, the detailed 'Plot Synopsis' is worth keeping but there is no where to put it.
Of the several dozen times that I've encountered the longer description of the film, it has ALWAYS been in the 'Plot' record and starts under the text of 'Plot Synopsis'. That should help in automating its collection and placement within a new field or Custom Field.
Does this make sense???

Thanks,
Norm

I've been using the Media 'Notes' area since that is typically empty.

Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2010 :  04:57:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't have a Problem with that, since i did add it this way on purpose. The Data Synopsis is from separate a sub-website /synopsis on imbd.com, the Plot Synopsis Title Line is added by the script to separate the two. At the moment i think this is the best way to do it.

And the new Movie-Card collapses to long Text Fields like the Plot Field, so i don't see the Problem. Maybe with the new fields it could be added in a separate field, if there are enough of them.
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2010 :  19:17:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
- Actor Country import fix (some rare cases)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5iqj6rdujsknvdi
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2010 :  22:04:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Prinz for the file, I have upload just now.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

KoRn
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2010 :  10:06:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just noticed that after updating to 7.0.7.7 with new IMDB.COM (Complete) script, no information has been updated at all while the IMDB.COM (Fastest) works.
Go to Top of Page

donnyj

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2010 :  06:48:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Prinz, could you please fix/change the way "Original Language" is imported? For example: http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0120179/ (Speed 2) imports as "English American Sign Language Portuguese" instead of "English | American Sign Language | Portuguese". Also, I believe the field name should be "Language" and not "Original Language"??
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2010 :  11:19:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
- Added | Divider for Language

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ddrmrle8qslxt5g
Go to Top of Page

donnyj

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2010 :  17:33:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
thanks Prinz!
Go to Top of Page

malicious
Starting Member

Philippines
1 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2010 :  03:17:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@Prinz

all of your links can not be downloaded. please upload to other sites, tnx

HTML is OFF
Go to Top of Page

donnyj

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2010 :  06:10:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
haven't changes already been incorporated into XMM?
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2010 :  06:19:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes there are. And the mediafire maintenance is over. (the site is still slow)
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2010 :  14:22:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Guys,

Just use the liveupdate, all scripts are on the server.

Thank you Prinz!

Ale

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.33 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07