Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 eXtreme Movie Manager meets myMovies (iPhone)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

UncleMynx
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2010 :  18:47:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Anyone who can tell me whats the word about this app is at the current date ? Working and worth buying or .. ?
Go to Top of Page

wakamoto
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2010 :  00:16:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I purchased the iphone / itouch app because I wanted to be able to access my database on the go on my Itouch. I don't use it for new movie entry or else other than as just a portable movie catalog.

I enter my new movie using XMM.

Netwalk Movies version 2.2.2 was working fine with a few bugs, but after upgraded to version 2.2.3 the program didn't even start. It crashes every time I start the app.

Don't buy it now as of August 21st, 2010 but wait a few more days later.

On the developer website, there is a posting that says they are aware of the situation and has sent in the updates to version 2.2.4

Currently, Netwalk Movie newest version is being processed for approval from Apple.

So I guess, until the newer version is available we will be able to actually run it again.

Overall exp. with the Movies is Good except the testing dept. They shouldn't have sent out the bad updates especially on the Iphone Apps, because it takes at least 1 week or more before Apple approved the app and made it available through the apple apps.

Right now the Rating on this app is really low because of the latest update. Other than that it's a good app.

Edited by - wakamoto on 22 Aug 2010 00:17:15
Go to Top of Page

UncleMynx
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2010 :  01:14:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
ok thanks for the fast update m8, i wait then :)
Go to Top of Page

wakamoto
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2010 :  06:26:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by UncleMynx

ok thanks for the fast update m8, i wait then :)

Just received the fix today August 21, 2010 at night US Central Time.
Everything looks fine and dandy now.

Go to Top of Page

wakamoto
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2010 :  05:31:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wakamoto

Hi Admin, could you include the FLAG <seen> and <not seen> from XMM to export to Netwalk movies in the xml?

There is an option in netwalk movies to filter seen and not seen but the exported data doesn't have this flag exported.

Thanks

Hi Alessio,

I know you must be busy with other more important fixes, could you try to make this change if possible for next release. I've started to populate XMM with bunch of movies, it will be nice if the <seen> flag is exported along with the XML so that it's easier to use the Netwalk Movies.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2010 :  08:36:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Wakamoto,

I am sorry but at this time there isn't the "seen" flag that can be "imported" by Movies.

I will contact the authors.

Thank you,

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

MacGyverJC
Starting Member

France
20 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2010 :  15:50:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey Alessio:
I've made an export from myMovies:
<Director>Marc Webb</Director>
<Position>1</Position>
<Seen>0</Seen>
<LastChanged>20100912T23:35:04</LastChanged>
</Movie>
You'll just have to add the <seen> flag after Position flag

You could also add the LastChanged flag too...

bye
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2010 :  18:20:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you MacGyverJC,

I will add it to next release.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

dunesdude
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2010 :  14:42:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
when i export my database to my iphone or ipad i dont see the movie covers i can see everything except the cover
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2010 :  14:59:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

please open the ZIP file generated by XMM. Does it contain the cover files?

Ale

Go to Top of Page

calexicoca
Starting Member

Canada
28 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2010 :  16:09:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just tried Movies HD on my iPad. I have 4600 movies and it took a while to extract all that but once I did that Movies HD was surprisingly responsive and fast. I love it. BUT it I cannot use it that much for locating my movies because there should be a an option to export the field with the disk #. How else you can find where are your movies in a very big collection?

My question for Alessio is: Is there a way to copy number from a field in the EMM (in my case it is catalog #) to "position" in export for Movies HD (or any other field the program has for that matter)?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2010 :  16:44:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

At this time there isn't such option, maybe I can add it in next release.

Thank you,

Ale

Go to Top of Page

JKL
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2010 :  20:27:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Same problem.
XMM was working flawlessy with its iphone export plugin, but with the last update export.zip only contains XML without any image. Something broken in the export plugin?

Edited by - JKL on 15 Oct 2010 20:34:38
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2010 :  05:35:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Guys,

I will try to fix it asap.

Thank you!

Ale

Go to Top of Page

acidflash
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2010 :  08:23:41  Show Profile  Visit acidflash's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello!

is it possible to add new sources? eg "Allo Ciné" because I'm French and covers Amazon France are not well displayed.

thank you

Edited by - acidflash on 28 Oct 2010 08:25:16
Go to Top of Page

wassmer
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2010 :  23:55:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Allessio,

Nice idea to team up with Movies for iPhone/iPad. Is there any way to sync between desktop and iphone databases once in a while to exchange new entries - without uploading and importing the entire database (120 MB in my case!).

Thanks a lot, Tom

P.S. Had to delete Movies from iPhone as it swallowed 2.5 GB and left me w/o space. I try now to import just the movie info without covers.
As my file location is stored in the tag MediaLabel and this is not imported - how can I easily copy the info from MediaLabel to location???

Thanks in advance!

Tom

Edited by - wassmer on 31 Oct 2010 02:14:37
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2010 :  06:03:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I am sorry but at this time there isn't this function, you can import/export only all items.

I will talk with the Team to know if is possible change it.

Thank you!

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Radioactive

94 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2010 :  17:35:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hy why dosen't EMM export the Country, MPAA, Trailer and the Note(Comments)?

and can you add an settings tap to choose what should be exportet and what not

And can you add an option that the rating would toke the imdb rating because i don't "rate" my movies and so i want to choose the imdb rating

thx
Go to Top of Page

kedavis
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2010 :  02:48:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
I just downloaded the latest version of XMM and Movies. I have bar code scanned in about 20 movies with my iPhone and exported it to XMM. However, XMM only imports 3 movies - the 1st and last 2 movies. All others do not show in XMM. I opened the export file and see all 23 covers and all 23 movies listed in the XML file. Also, when XMM is reading the XML file, I see the titles flash by in the status bar.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ken
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2010 :  03:46:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Ken,

can you send to me your export.zip file? I will try to see what's wrong.

Ale

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.32 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07